The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 1 April 2014, 12:14 PM   #1
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
Boutique Visit

We went to La Jolla this weekend, and I had the chance to visit the Panerai boutique there. The gentleman working could not have been more knowledgeable. He was very interesting to talk with, and he never tried any hard sales tactics. Just informative and pleasant

Anyone else visited the boutiques? What were your experiences?

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2014, 04:51 AM   #2
byodo88
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Panerai
I have been to the Boutique in Beverly Hills a few times. I have never purchased a watch there, only straps. Everytime I have been they have never tried to push a sale and they are always more than happy to show you whatever they have in stock. Also very knowledgeable on the pieces they have... Although last time I was there I asked to see the 510 and 560. They had the 510 but said they have never heard of the 560 and say I must be mistaking it for something else. I guess they haven't checked Panerai's website.
byodo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2014, 09:14 AM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Just today I stopped in the boutique in naples Florida and had an excellent, albeit short time. I do not own a panerai and know little about the brand aside from that it was a former Italian military issue watch.

The gentleman was very knowledgeable and was happy to show me a few ceramic coated radomir and even offered me some wine. I left with a nice catalogue and bag.

Overall a positive interaction with the brand that may entice me to buy a panerai, which is what a boutique should be all about.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2014, 11:45 AM   #4
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byodo88 View Post
I have been to the Boutique in Beverly Hills a few times. I have never purchased a watch there, only straps. Everytime I have been they have never tried to push a sale and they are always more than happy to show you whatever they have in stock. Also very knowledgeable on the pieces they have... Although last time I was there I asked to see the 510 and 560. They had the 510 but said they have never heard of the 560 and say I must be mistaking it for something else. I guess they haven't checked Panerai's website.
Hmmm, too bad about the 560, but overall it sounds like a positive experience
Old 2 April 2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspark View Post
Just today I stopped in the boutique in naples Florida and had an excellent, albeit short time. I do not own a panerai and know little about the brand aside from that it was a former Italian military issue watch.

The gentleman was very knowledgeable and was happy to show me a few ceramic coated radomir and even offered me some wine. I left with a nice catalogue and bag.

Overall a positive interaction with the brand that may entice me to buy a panerai, which is what a boutique should be all about.
Excellent

After hearing a lot of negative about Panerai lately, I'm glad to hear it was cool.
Old 7 April 2014, 06:34 AM   #6
RGP
"TRF" Member

Watch: This!
I stop at the boutique store in Las Vegas whenever we visit. The staff is professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and never pushy. The first time I visited the store I was wearing my Omega Railmaster XL. I learned more about my Railmaster there than at the Omega boutique. After multiple trips to the Panerai boutique I finally took the big step and bought my first Luminor Marina.
RGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
I stop at the boutique store in Las Vegas whenever we visit. The staff is professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and never pushy. The first time I visited the store I was wearing my Omega Railmaster XL. I learned more about my Railmaster there than at the Omega boutique. After multiple trips to the Panerai boutique I finally took the big step and bought my first Luminor Marina.
Congrats on the Luminor Marina.
Old 7 April 2014, 12:08 PM   #8
dsturner83
"TRF" Member

I was at the Florence Italy boutique about 3 years ago. I picked up a strap there and got my 359 cleaned. They were great.
dsturner83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2014, 12:18 PM   #9
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsturner83 View Post
I was at the Florence Italy boutique about 3 years ago. I picked up a strap there and got my 359 cleaned. They were great.
That's cool. How do you like the 359?
Old 7 April 2014, 12:25 PM   #10
dsturner83
"TRF" Member

It was nice, I eventually flipped it for a deep sea. However, I really it was a nice watch while I had it. My daily wearer is a 177 and I prefer it over the 359
dsturner83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2014, 02:53 PM   #11
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsturner83 View Post
It was nice, I eventually flipped it for a deep sea. However, I really it was a nice watch while I had it. My daily wearer is a 177 and I prefer it over the 359
I like the 177 and the Deep Sea