The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 September 2022, 04:57 AM   #1
joespeed29
"TRF" Member

Feeler - PAM 1441 Ceramica GMT

Considering selling this watch as much as i love it- just super concerned with bumping into something and once the ceramic goes, so does the watch =\\\

As a first time seller, any ideas? i considered BOBS consignment but i hear they keep 25%

ebay? they appear to offer a guarantee?
joespeed29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 05:12 PM   #2
chrissimons
"TRF" Member

Maybe Chrono24 ?
chrissimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 05:50 PM   #3
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissimons View Post
Maybe Chrono24 ?
The issue with Chrono24 is that from reading opinions on this forum it doesn’t appear that most people are comfortable buying from a private seller. Certainly there are many people here who have successfully sold through Chrono24 as private sellers, so it just may be a matter of time to find a buyer. Good luck.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 08:28 PM   #4
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Might as well offer it to one of the Grey sellers here, they may buy it from you. I would try that first to gauge what you should expect in reality.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 09:08 PM   #5
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Do your research and see what the watches are being offered for on the secondary market. Then take 25% off and that, give or take a bit will be what you will get from a Trusted Seller or other dealer. Not bad depending on what you have in the watch. I would get on the phone unless you are know to the dealer and have a conversation, not an email. These dealers get all kinds of emails everyday and you will probably only get lowball offers back. It is difficult to sell many watches and the process can de daunting. Just see what you can do and make an informed decision. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 03:11 AM   #6
burnthesehills
"TRF" Member

Doesn’t Panerai tout this as being an extremely durable watch? 5X the hardness of steel? Has there been a history of these watches breaking regularly? If not, then I say keep the watch because you said you love it.
burnthesehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 04:50 AM   #7
joespeed29
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthesehills View Post
Doesn’t Panerai tout this as being an extremely durable watch? 5X the hardness of steel? Has there been a history of these watches breaking regularly? If not, then I say keep the watch because you said you love it.
Thats a good point - ceramic is supposed to be stronger... will do some more digging.. i wear thins one more than my submersible or rolex GMT lol
Old 10 September 2022, 04:51 AM   #8
joespeed29
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Do your research and see what the watches are being offered for on the secondary market. Then take 25% off and that, give or take a bit will be what you will get from a Trusted Seller or other dealer. Not bad depending on what you have in the watch. I would get on the phone unless you are know to the dealer and have a conversation, not an email. These dealers get all kinds of emails everyday and you will probably only get lowball offers back. It is difficult to sell many watches and the process can de daunting. Just see what you can do and make an informed decision. Good luck.

appreciate this prespective.. i threw out a couple lines.. kinda thinking about trading into the IWC AMG watch... super cool and i can mayyybe get into it for roughly the same price... if its a wash, i may lean towards the AMG IWC..