The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 October 2017, 05:45 AM   #1
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
My review of WristClean / Veraet

Did a search on WristClean in title and didn't come up with many hits, but for Veraet there are a few threads that are 2-3 years old, so I thought I put this up in a new thread instead of resurrecting an old one.

Some background: I am very much into keeping my stuff clean and shiny (cars, motorcycles, watches, etc.) I usually use a jewelry cleaner solution with soft toothbrush to clean up wife's rings and other jewelry, and use dish soap and fluffy towel to wash and clean watches. Almost once a day wash the watch I am wearing with hand soap while washing my hand, and dry it to a nice shine. I don't wear any lotion on my hands so there is no lotion/oil build up on my watch bracelet, but obviously my wife's watches and jewelry do have that build up on them. Also recently bought an ultrasonic cleaner which I used with great success on most of my wife's jewelry and rings and all come out nice and shiny. Haven't used it on watch bracelets yet, I don't think they really need it given the frequency of cleaning they receive.

A couple of weeks ago I finally ended up ordering a large bottle of WristClean (Veraet) and it arrived in a few days. No discount codes or anything, basically paid for the full bottle and shipping. I ordered it really not expecting it to do much for me, but just to see what the product was about for myself, in case it was something nice that I was missing. I really wanted to believe it is just hype, wanted to prove that the results would be only as good as washing my watch with nice dish soap and warm water as I have always done.

To clean my watch with it, I sprayed it on generously and immediately noticed the nice smell and cooler feeling of the liquid that landed on my fingers, ... it should have some type of evaporating substance in it. I then used a soft toothbrush to work it into nook and cranny, and I noticed it started to dissipate and dry up in about 30 seconds while being brushed on, again, hinting at evaporating substance in it. I sprayed on a bit more and did a bit more brushing and rubbing of watch surfaces with my fingers. Then rinsed and dried the watch using my nice fluffy hand towel.

I can say the watch did indeed look shinier and 'cleaner' than previous cleanings. A small difference from what I was used to, but still different and better. The watch looked somewhat cleaner and shinier for sure.

During the following day while wearing the watch, I noticed that the watch was not getting dirty as easily as before. Interesting, I thought, perhaps a mind trick. A light touch of the crystal with my finger didn't leave a fingerprint on the crystal as it normally would. Perhaps previously there would remain residue on the watch that my touch would make stand out, and now with WristClean no more residues?

I also tried it on my wife's Daytona, and that too looked better, cleaner, shiner. It was pretty clean to begin with so the difference was subtle, but it was there. After cleaning the watch I left it for her and didn't say anything to her. Next day while at work and talking to her on the phone, I asked her if she noticed anything different about her watch. She said no, not really, it is clean... why? I told her that I expected it to look cleaner and shinier than before, and she looked again and said 'yes, it kinda does look cleaner' . I told her about it and she too agreed that it looked cleaner and shinier than before. It wasn't a huge difference that she would have noticed immediately, but she had to look for it to see it.

During my cleaning session, I grabbed an old two tone Movado watch that used to be my wife's, which she gave to her mother many years ago. After mother's passing last year, a few months ago that watch and some other stuff found their way back to my wife which we will keep for sentimental value. That watch was not washed/cleaned as regularly (or ever) as our current watches, so I grabbed it to try WristClean on.

To my surprise, after a few generous sprays on its bracelet, black drops started to drip in the sink. The oils/lotions that had accumulated into the bracelet were easily coming off and dripping away. (and I mean just by spraying WirstClean on it.) A few more generous sprays and toothbrush work, the watch came out really clean and shiny. In this case the before/after was very visible. Would that have happened with the soap and water as well? I am sure it would, given the watch probably hadn't seen a nice cleaning for a long while. But again, this watch came out somewhat shinier and 'cleaner' looking than I expected, and with a lot less effort.

Needless to say, I am somewhat happy with the purchase. The cost of the big bottle is equivalent to perhaps having a few pints of beer at the bar with friends. At that price, I am ok with purchasing this bottle and I think it works better than soap/water on dirty watches, and it actually does leave a nominally better shine on the watch afterwards. Remember, I really wanted to think it is all the same, so I went into this looking to be disappointed, but I am happy with the results.

If you are a watch clean freak and your watch is already shining, I think you may notice at most a subtle improvement in your watch cleaning results. Is that subtle improvement worth the price? At this point, for me the answer is yes. When my bottle finishes (perhaps in a year or so, will see), I will rethink whether I want to order another or not. I think I will.

I have attached a before and after shot (see time displayed on the watch), which frankly don't look different here at all, which again points at no night/day difference in my case. But in person, it did look better and shinier after.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.JPG (124.3 KB, 1011 views)
File Type: jpg after.JPG (112.7 KB, 999 views)

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 06:33 AM   #2
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Great review Faz, I am a fanboy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0136.JPG (139.2 KB, 966 views)

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 07:14 AM   #3
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I swear by this stuff as well. It's incredible and makes my GMT look brand new.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 07:16 AM   #4
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Great write-up. I use it as well and am a fan of the product.
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 07:53 AM   #5
Griswald
"TRF" Member

I am a fan. I don't clean my watch often, but when I do, I use Veraet.
Griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 08:43 AM   #6
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Nice writeup and I agree.

BTW, the fluffy drying towel leaves a ton of fine fuzzy fibers. Noticed when taking those macro photos lol. So okay for normal use, but not if your watch is getting ready for a photoshoot :)
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 08:46 AM   #7
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Learned about this stuff here. I’ve been happily using it for years.
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 09:36 AM   #8
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I need more info before making a decision.

Good write up.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 10:30 AM   #9
sickened1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
Great review Faz, I am a fanboy.
Same here Tim. I swear by this stuff. Oh and good write-up Faz.
sickened1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 10:50 AM   #10
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I'll need to try it again. Perhaps I didn't apply enough when I first tried it, but I didn't notice that much of a difference

Thanks for the reminder, I sort of forgot I had some
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 11:01 AM   #11
cop414

I always rinse under warm water first to remove any grit, quick scrub with Dawn with Veraet brush, rinse then wipe down with a microfiber, then spray with the Veraet, scrub again with brush, rinse then dry with Veraet cloth , been doing this for years. Labor of love.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Old 4 October 2017, 11:02 AM   #12
swils8610

I used it. I really like it. I know dish soap and warm water also work but I like Wrist Clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 11:35 AM   #13
faz
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone. I am glad you like it. I was always intrigued by this product but in my searches didn’t find a anyone comparing it to a good soap and water cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG56 View Post
Nice writeup and I agree.

BTW, the fluffy drying towel leaves a ton of fine fuzzy fibers. Noticed when taking those macro photos lol. So okay for normal use, but not if your watch is getting ready for a photoshoot :)

Good point. I have noticed the dust looking lint that it leaves behind. Microfiber is preferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram @fazmoto
Old 4 October 2017, 11:42 AM   #14
faz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I'll need to try it again. Perhaps I didn't apply enough when I first tried it, but I didn't notice that much of a difference

Thanks for the reminder, I sort of forgot I had some

Or perhaps like me you keep your watches OCD clean to begin with. The difference is really not that significant, and therefore not easily noticeable in that scenario, ... but I think is there.

And it does smell good and therefore makes you feel better!! (Kinda like that overpriced lemon oil that I ended up ordering to treat our end grain cutting board, where regular cooking oil would have sufficed. )

Instagram @fazmoto
Old 4 October 2017, 11:58 AM   #15
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
I’m hooked. Great write-up Faz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B45EDEC7-BB1C-4A63-8DAA-439D5C461B3E.jpeg (173.9 KB, 882 views)
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 08:35 PM   #16
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
i dont always clean my watch but when i do i use mild soap and water.

sincerely
the most boring man in the world

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 08:41 PM   #17
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
Or perhaps like me you keep your watches OCD clean to begin with. The difference is really not that significant, and therefore not easily noticeable in that scenario, ... but I think is there.

And it does smell good and therefore makes you feel better!! (Kinda like that overpriced lemon oil that I ended up ordering to treat our end grain cutting board, where regular cooking oil would have sufficed. )

That's true, I tend to keep mine pretty clean to begin with. Nice write up regardless, and I'll be giving it another shot this weekend
Old 5 October 2017, 05:05 AM   #18
faz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
That's true, I tend to keep mine pretty clean to begin with. Nice write up regardless, and I'll be giving it another shot this weekend
Please share your genuine opinion after you try it again.

I am still thinking this whole 'shinier' thing is just in my head.

Instagram @fazmoto
Old 5 October 2017, 05:06 AM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Will do

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2017, 10:09 AM   #20
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I use it every night on the watch I wore that day. Great stuff, worth every penny!
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 10:33 AM   #21
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:

I think so. In your mind the watch looks better, which is how you justify spending the dollars for the stuff. BTW, not sure how much that spray costs, but a $2 bottle of Dawn will last me several months even if I wash the watch every day which I normally do.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:37 AM   #22
Dr. Robert

Watch: 1655
Too much effort.......I prefer the quick lick of the crystal wipe with 100% cotton t shirt....preferably one you are wearing & you are good to go.
Old 24 December 2017, 02:03 PM   #23
BuddaLun
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV & BLRO
Veraet is excellent. I've been using it for years, and works wonders on my gold and SS watches. It really does bring a noticeable difference in the level of clean as compared to wipes or soap and water.
BuddaLun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2017, 02:17 PM   #24
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Works wonders. And their blue and gray cloths are excellent as well.

Wife loves their jewelry spray. Says only thing better is the steamer at the jewelry store.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2017, 02:29 PM   #25
swils8610

I’m a big fan also. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2017, 04:31 PM   #26
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
I’m a big fan of both the spray and the cloths. Not so much the microfiber version though.

Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 03:16 AM   #27
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

I just ordered the "Collector Watch Care Kit" ... I'll report back once I've had a chance to test it out.
Old 23 March 2018, 07:54 AM   #28
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Great review! I think their cleaner does a super job. The first time I used it on my Sub I couldn't get over how much dirt came out from under the bezel. That sold me on it.
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 11:26 AM   #29
diracpoint
2024 Pledge Member

Hi guys,

just bought a bottle of this. Can this be a substitute for soap/water? Or, do you recommend washing with soap/water first and then using it?

TIA,

diracpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 09:29 PM   #30
cop414

I always rinse my watch first then use a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing soap lightly scrubbing with the Veraet brush, rinse then spray with the Veraet and repeat the above process, dry with the blue Veraet cloth. A labor of love that I’ve been doing for years.
An FYI, be careful as obviously your watch will be very slippery, I put a rubber colander in the center of the sink as I’m doing this just in case my watch slips out of my hand. Once I’m done and the cloths are dry the cloths get folded and go into the colander and I’m ready for next time.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED