The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 April 2022, 12:53 AM   #31
puckybadger
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO/Rolex Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV997 View Post
I buy AP as feel it better and worth than others brand, their blink and flashy in bracelet, good design and not many have been seen out there when wearing it.

Your question is inpolite to suspect others who are able to spend, no need to win lottery if you want to buy AP, it is reward to your 30 years hard working.
You got that right. Somebody owes you an apology
puckybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 10:12 AM   #32
only1swami
"TRF" Member

This might not be 100% case but if you were allocated one watch / your first piece in 2021...I don't think you're getting any pieces in 2022 unless you maybe have a significant other you're buying a pair of pieces with etc. Def not another RO

I did have a buddy last year who got a WG Code Chrono, couple months later was allocated a 15450 silver. No piece this year...

Even if you got a RO in 2021 and asked for a Code in 2022, anecdotally from friends, I have heard this is also not doable

anyhow, there is a some sorcery behind the scenes + luck + timing + how hard your SA will advocate

like other have said, I'm just waiting and continuing to follow up with the boutique. I enjoy every time I go...random conversations/nerding out about watches

the wait hopefully makes that special day even more special
only1swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 11:17 AM   #33
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
You got that right. Somebody owes you an apology
Thanks for your kindness
CV997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 11:23 AM   #34
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1swami View Post
This might not be 100% case but if you were allocated one watch / your first piece in 2021...I don't think you're getting any pieces in 2022 unless you maybe have a significant other you're buying a pair of pieces with etc. Def not another RO

I did have a buddy last year who got a WG Code Chrono, couple months later was allocated a 15450 silver. No piece this year...

Even if you got a RO in 2021 and asked for a Code in 2022, anecdotally from friends, I have heard this is also not doable

anyhow, there is a some sorcery behind the scenes + luck + timing + how hard your SA will advocate

like other have said, I'm just waiting and continuing to follow up with the boutique. I enjoy every time I go...random conversations/nerding out about watches

the wait hopefully makes that special day even more special
Very much helpful explanation, keep waiting and hoping for a special day from AP.
Old 2 April 2022, 03:37 PM   #35
AL0302
"TRF" Member

For 50th RO pieces, I believe that AP would be in the position to make their own decision/plan to allocate/register the 50th RO watch for their potential customer (however, all final decisions should be made by the upper management), they might try not to allocate/register the watches that customers already have.

Since there are more announcements coming, let's be patient.
AL0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 05:04 PM   #36
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Honestly, there are too many collectors, and not enough watches.

I recently got a wonderful RO, but I also want a 50th anniversary RO because, it's only for 1 year. I'm prepared that I probably won't. But that's ok cuz I'm on the list for Patek, FPJ, etc. thou it may be 2-3 years to get a watch, spread over several great houses, i can get 1 per year which I feel quite spoiled already =)
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 06:49 PM   #37
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL0302 View Post
For 50th RO pieces, I believe that AP would be in the position to make their own decision/plan to allocate/register the 50th RO watch for their potential customer (however, all final decisions should be made by the upper management), they might try not to allocate/register the watches that customers already have.

Since there are more announcements coming, let's be patient.
Thanks for your advice
Old 2 April 2022, 06:53 PM   #38
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
Honestly, there are too many collectors, and not enough watches.

I recently got a wonderful RO, but I also want a 50th anniversary RO because, it's only for 1 year. I'm prepared that I probably won't. But that's ok cuz I'm on the list for Patek, FPJ, etc. thou it may be 2-3 years to get a watch, spread over several great houses, i can get 1 per year which I feel quite spoiled already =)
Also wish to get 1 per year from each brand like AP/PATEK/ALS &FP Journe then my bucket list will complete within 5 years
Old 2 April 2022, 09:19 PM   #39
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV997 View Post
Also wish to get 1 per year from each brand like AP/PATEK/ALS &FP Journe then my bucket list will complete within 5 years
Don can confirm, but I think what he meant is 1 luxury watch per year from
all brands combined. Not one watch per year from each…
crispyness87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2022, 06:12 PM   #40
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
Sorry misunderstanding
Old 3 April 2022, 09:13 PM   #41
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
Yes. This is a much more realistic mindset.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 03:32 PM   #42
17noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I wanted to chime in from my personal experience, as well as what I have been told by APH. They would rather allocate to people who fit their target audience, and actually wear and enjoy their watches. They have enough wealthy collectors who buy every hot pieces that comes out, which to them may not fully appreciate it. For normal folks like myself, having allocated a RO is like a dream, so they have succeeded in gaining a loyal customer for their brand. Compared to all other brands that I have in my collection, AP and VC are one of the best in making me feel like a valued customer.

P.S. The SA do notice if you wear the watches that was allocated to you, and they do notice if your watch has scratches/marks on it. They know if you regularly wear them or just to the boutique to show them.
17noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 03:35 PM   #43
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17noir View Post
P.S. The SA do notice if you wear the watches that was allocated to you, and they do notice if your watch has scratches/marks on it. They know if you regularly wear them or just to the boutique to show them.
I definitely make sure to wear one of my APs when visiting a boutique, but beating them up to impress the SAs is a step too far
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 06:18 PM   #44
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

I’d say the takeaways from my experiences with AP boutiques are very similar with 17Noir’s

Last edited by crispyness87; 10 April 2022 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: Grammar
crispyness87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 08:05 AM   #45
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Just curious has anyone actually seen the new 50th anniversary ROC in steel with the blue dial or The rose gold versions with either the blue or green dial with full gold bracelets? Can anyone post a live picture?
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 08:07 AM   #46
MrBigSmiles
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/PAM/Rolex
Is it true that none of the boutiques will deal with customers vial email or over the phone? Instead, it must be in-person? I used to buy from NYC and now they tel me that I need to visit a local boutique in CA in order to buy more pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrBigSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 09:56 AM   #47
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigSmiles View Post
Is it true that none of the boutiques will deal with customers vial email or over the phone? Instead, it must be in-person? I used to buy from NYC and now they tel me that I need to visit a local boutique in CA in order to buy more pieces.

I think this sounds about right. As the two in CA are now corporate, I believe the corporate strategy is to re-balance the distribution of clients geographically to be more local or regional.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 05:27 AM   #48
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Anyone else been told by their boutique that it’s only 1 50th piece per year?

Took an early allocation of a 50th ROC and now with all these new releases I “regret” taking the early allocation.

Is this true? Anyone else been told the same? Anyone else get 2 or more 50th pieces?

Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 06:47 AM   #49
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post

Took an early allocation of a 50th ROC and now with all these new releases I “regret” taking the early allocation.

Is this true? Anyone else been told the same? Anyone else get 2 or more 50th pieces?

I’ve heard it from a few people and on here that it’s only 1 50th piece in the main, which I think is fair enough considering the demand. I’m fairly sure there will be people that do get 2 - very few and far between though.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 06:50 AM   #50
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I think one per profile is going to be the norm. With the right profile, I'm confident getting two is doable.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 09:41 AM   #51
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
Was explicitly told this when I picked up my Green 50th ROC in January. The SA did say to expect 1-2 non-50th anniversary pieces for the year.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 10:09 AM   #52
Reign
"TRF" Member

One unless you have a partner and they link profiles in which case your household may get two.

Only person I’ve seen get two for themselves is our very own raclaims!

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 12:57 PM   #53
Waybach
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I think one per profile is going to be the norm. With the right profile, I'm confident getting two is doable.
As always, there seems to be some exceptions to this rule: one of the HK collectors on IG has posted a 26420, 16204, and 2x 16202s. Also took delivery of a 26585 and some other ROC LE this year.
Waybach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 02:04 PM   #54
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
It seems fair to allocate only 1 50th anniversary piece per customer but I have definitely seen members of this forum and instagram folks who have been allocated more than 1 piece.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 03:09 PM   #55
watchaser
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Just curious has anyone actually seen the new 50th anniversary ROC in steel with the blue dial or The rose gold versions with either the blue or green dial with full gold bracelets? Can anyone post a live picture?

Here’s mine. Picked up few weeks ago.

watchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 03:11 PM   #56
watchaser
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigSmiles View Post

I built a relationship with a rep and BT cross country during the pandemic. Since then I’ve been allocated 2 pieces and 1 being a 50th.

watchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2022, 01:23 AM   #57
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchaser View Post
Here’s mine. Picked up few weeks ago.

Love it!! I saw these for sale on the secondary market for $220,000 about 4-5 months ago. I just one last week for $90k.

Wish I could get one at retail.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2022, 09:59 PM   #58
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear…I like this piece.

Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2022, 05:22 PM   #59
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

I was allocated a Khaki Green ROC 41 approximately 6 months after my first visit to my boutique. It was my first Royal Oak and absolutely love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thecrownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2022, 08:07 PM   #60
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
As others have mentioned, it pays to wear the watch and even bring it for a service if it’s well worn or has an issue

My RO chrono has literally scratches all over it - I take it into the gym with me, I even do calisthenics where it’s very easy to ding it on the steel bars as I do pull-ups or attempt to do human flag/front lever

I don’t think people in general, and that includes SA look upon favourably if you just treat them like investement or museum pieces. Of course, you can do what you like what any purchase but it doesn’t mean they have to sell you any more
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote