The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 14 August 2022, 02:56 PM   #1
FrançoisCzapek
"TRF" Member

Watch: Classic Pateks
How to build relationships with sales associates at Patek AD

I'm a strange outlier because I never thought of buying any new watches through the pandemic and am happy to go out with no watch many days (and keep forgetting after two years of working from home). I'm also in Singapore where the "interest lists" are endless.

I happened to be at a cocktail party a friend organized and was standing beside the host and someone who turned out to be a young sales associate from a large Patek AD. The SA gave me his card so I e-mailed him the following week expressing interest in a non-Aquanaut/Nautilus model. He didn't reply to the e-mail.

A friend recently gifted me with straps for an old dress watch with bolder colors, partly as a joke. I forgot about them during the pandemic and visited the competitor AD to show these and the watch, and confirm they were the right size. Since I was there, the SA had me fill in an online form for interest in a current non-Aquanaut/Nautilus model. He said the store would e-mail me within a week to confirm they had my details correctly. They were very nice but no one gave me their card or anything, and I'm not sure if they expected to see me again.

Stupid question but is there anything else one should do when visiting the local AD or service center?
FrançoisCzapek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 03:42 PM   #2
dauster
"TRF" Member

Long story short you are never going to get a nautilus/ aquanaut as your first Patek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 04:03 PM   #3
kanwind
"TRF" Member

not know if it is same as Hong Kong and Singapore,
A name card of yourself is very important, because The PP AD in Hong Kong want their customers have a strong name card here
kanwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 06:03 PM   #4
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

When I was looking for my 5172 earlier this year I think I walked into every single Patek AD in Singapore, including the boutiques in Ion and MBS. I didn't do anything special, just walked in and asked if they had the watch available and if not if I could be put on the interest list and that I was 100% sure about getting it. Most were friendly enough and took my name, one guy basically laughed me out of the store I didn't have to leave a name card or anything, nor did they ask me for one. I had no relationship with any of the ADs.

It's tough for sure and you probably have to get lucky with timing and a SA that you get along with. The place I got it from eventually messaged me in about 2 weeks saying the watch was available, every single other AD I still haven't heard anything from to this day.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2022, 12:47 AM   #5
FrançoisCzapek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
The place I got it from eventually messaged me in about 2 weeks saying the watch was available, every single other AD I still haven't heard anything from to this day.
Thanks this is hilarious!
Old 15 August 2022, 12:47 AM   #6
FrançoisCzapek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Long story short you are never going to get a nautilus/ aquanaut as your first Patek.
Actually, that's easy in Singapore given even used handbag consignment stores are trying to unload secondhand nautilus and aquanaut.
Old 15 August 2022, 12:50 AM   #7
FrançoisCzapek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwind View Post
A name card of yourself is very important
Yeah, maybe I should just make up a name card to give out to SAs.

Old 15 August 2022, 01:33 AM   #8
FrogWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post

The OP stated they did NOT want an aquanaut or nautilus.

FrogWatch is offline   Reply With Quote