The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 August 2022, 03:14 PM   #1
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

The new 38mm chronographs vs old (26315), are they any different?

Does anyone know any exact differences between the new 38mm chronographs vs the previous models (26315), if any?

I specifically recall the 26315ST having too cramped of a dial when I tried it on, but I did not get the same feeling when I tried on the new rose gold with the blue dial. I'm not sure if it's in my head though.

Are there any differences at all? Bracelet taper, dial size, etc.

Thank you so much!
boostafazoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 03:26 PM   #2
aldyrifqi
"TRF" Member

I got the old one in feb 2022 everything is same except the dial AP logo has been removed
aldyrifqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 03:44 PM   #3
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldyrifqi View Post
I got the old one in feb 2022 everything is same except the dial AP logo has been removed
Hmm I don’t know why the 26315st (blue) looked so cramped to me. I think it might be the blue lining at the edge of the dial that makes the dial even look smaller?

Again, this may just be in my head, not sure
Old 14 August 2022, 09:39 PM   #4
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostafazoom View Post
Hmm I don’t know why the 26315st (blue) looked so cramped to me. I think it might be the blue lining at the edge of the dial that makes the dial even look smaller?

Again, this may just be in my head, not sure
I’ve tried in the new 38 chronos and felt that the tone-on-tone outer ring makes the dial feel a little larger. You’re not alone!

The new 38s also have the new tapered bracelets (1356 vs. the old 1256).
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 10:08 PM   #5
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
I’ve tried in the new 38 chronos and felt that the tone-on-tone outer ring makes the dial feel a little larger. You’re not alone!

Do you think the additional tapering makes it better in terms of its proportions? I’ve personally felt that the older 38mms tapered too much already, compared to say the 39mm jumbo (which in my view perfect)
Old 15 August 2022, 03:24 PM   #6
sonnet1128
"TRF" Member

Been in love with the 26315 in grey dial since 2020 but could not get one in BT.

Just wondering if the grey dials of 26315 and 26715 are the same. Since the descriptions of the two dials on AP's website are different, e.g. 26315 is ruthenium-toned dial and 26715 is grey dial.
sonnet1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2022, 11:23 PM   #7
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Also, for the "new tapered" bracelets, does that mean it tapers less now? or more?

Again, for some reason the new 38mms seem much well proportions than the 26315, hence why I never pulled the trigger on it despite it being the perfect size for me.
Old 16 August 2022, 12:15 AM   #8
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostafazoom View Post
Do you think the additional tapering makes it better in terms of its proportions? I’ve personally felt that the older 38mms tapered too much already, compared to say the 39mm jumbo (which in my view perfect)
I haven't seen them side by side, but I was under the impression that the bracelet width is the same, just that the links taper from thicker to thinner in the first few links from the case (AP calls them "trapezoidal" shaped).
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2022, 06:18 AM   #9
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Even stronger taper on the new ones from case to bracelet.
Old 20 August 2022, 01:12 PM   #10
jts278
"TRF" Member

New 26715 in terms of wearable comfort is great, new bracelet links are thinner and wraps around almost any size wrist better. I have the 26315st and the 26715st is definitely an improvement.
jts278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2022, 10:20 PM   #11
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Gotta agree with you guys on this one. I’ve been 50/50 for the 26315st for a while now, but something just felt off about the proportions, and the dial felt too cramped

I have no idea why this version feels so much better. I think I’ll finally pull the trigger!
Old 3 September 2022, 11:01 PM   #12
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post

I think you nailed it. The color matched minute track adds a couple mm more negative space to the dial.
Old 3 September 2022, 11:46 PM   #13
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I think you nailed it. The color matched minute track adds a couple mm more negative space to the dial.
I personally think the 26315 looked better with the color matched minute track. But it isn't apples to apples - one is a panda design and the other isn't. So to me, it's more a question of color blocking and one's desires around that.

I wanted a one-and-done panda, and in my opinion the blue panda 26315 is the best I've ever come across. The minute track ties it all together for me. Plus, that sexy AP logo is still there.

Let's be honest though... all great watches and there's minimal difference between them.