The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 June 2022, 06:01 AM   #1
Fifteen
Banned

Perpetual Calendar Code 11 purchase enough for jumbo?

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...D027KB.01.html

Wondering if purchasing the watch above might be enough to get a jumbo or blue 15500/15510 within a year or so…obviously not this year with the 50th anniversaries

Thoughts? I also bought a green roo diver as my first AP a few months ago

The perpetual calendar looks nice…obviously quite expensive but if it helps me get a grail watch I think it’s worth it…wouldn’t buy it if it doesn’t help me get my purchase history up to get considered for a blue ro
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 06:55 AM   #2
CactusTreeFiddy
"TRF" Member

Within a year? Definitely possible, but its always hard to predict
CactusTreeFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 08:50 AM   #3
DJH1977
"TRF" Member

I hope to get this watch as well. I don't think you should buy a watch to get another watch, though. I'm also not sure how a boutique would respond to this kind of question. You know your SA best I guess.
DJH1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 09:37 AM   #4
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I think the important question here is: would you be able to get the CODE perpetual calendar itself? Based on my understanding, both the QP CODE and the ceramic CODE chronographs are allocation pieces as well....
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 10:41 AM   #5
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Has this piece been offered to you? My understanding is that complications need AP approval first.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:58 AM   #6
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
This is a nice watch but at a 100k could think of many others to buy. I would only commit to it if they can get you a grail piece. I would not take a flyer on this with hope that they get you a RO. Also, If you buy and then sell and it gets reregistered then they wont sell you anything else and you probably lose 20-30k on this thing.

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 04:58 PM   #7
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
Has this piece been offered to you? My understanding is that complications need AP approval first.
It was not offered to me…assumed codes are relatively easy to get….so if I ask for this it would be more of a favor they do for me and not help me get another allocation piece? In that case I may pass…
Old 13 June 2022, 05:53 PM   #8
Knoxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP JLC IWC
i visited some boutique during my travel, tokyo, zurich, singapore, paris
some SA told me that you dont have to buy less desirable watch to get a royal oak, while some other SA told me i have to purchase less popular model to start the journey with him/her.
Knoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 10:38 PM   #9
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
It was not offered to me…assumed codes are relatively easy to get….so if I ask for this it would be more of a favor they do for me and not help me get another allocation piece? In that case I may pass…
C24 has more CE openworked (15416) listed than CODE QPs. Demand for the QP may not be huge, but supply is pretty limited as well. I also think most AP boutiques don't have a strictly mechanistic view of spend history, where a certain $$$ threshold qualifies for hot models. Rather, spend is part of an overall evaluation of the likelihood of a long-term, high-value client relationship.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:27 PM   #10
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
C24 has more CE openworked (15416) listed than CODE QPs. Demand for the QP may not be huge, but supply is pretty limited as well. I also think most AP boutiques don't have a strictly mechanistic view of spend history, where a certain $$$ threshold qualifies for hot models. Rather, spend is part of an overall evaluation of the likelihood of a long-term, high-value client relationship.
But spend does help
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:48 PM   #11
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think this is pretty spot on. My personal experience has been similar. I will also add that they are looking for some diversity in your collection within the AP lineup and most importantly, the advocacy from your boutique and SA''s part is key.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
Old 14 June 2022, 12:35 AM   #12
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To answer directly, the QP code is both not easy to get itself, and not sufficient to get in position for jumbo, at least presently. But who knows what the world will look like if we go full blown into another energy shock crises or someone pressed a red button.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2022, 12:45 AM   #13
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
But spend does help
Necessary, but not sufficient
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2022, 06:01 PM   #14
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

btw this Code is stunning !!! I have missed it, I remember the Rose Gold in the initial launch, but this one is stunning. The only downside is the water resistant ... So you have to buy a Jumbo to have an access to this one?
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2022, 07:42 PM   #15
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosscheto View Post
btw this Code is stunning !!! I have missed it, I remember the Rose Gold in the initial launch, but this one is stunning. The only downside is the water resistant ... So you have to buy a Jumbo to have an access to this one?

No I was asking if I purchase this, would it be easier to obtain a jumbo. Apparently not since this piece itself is hard to get lol
Old 14 June 2022, 08:25 PM   #16
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Buying a Code QP is helpful to get some special allocation if you are an existing client with the boutique. If someone new to the boutique want to get the attention from the boutique director & SA, I suggest the OP to get the Code Tourb, some boutiques even have people waiting in line for the Code QP allocation.
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2022, 09:53 PM   #17
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:

For today's market I would not assume that a Code is "easy to get" at all.

And I think a Jumbo will always be a big ask too.....maybe a few years into the AP brand journey.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 04:33 AM   #18
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

At the end of the day, no one on this forum can give you an accurate answer anyways. Just go talk to an AP boutique and see what they say. Everyone experience is different.
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 05:41 AM   #19
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
For today's market I would not assume that a Code is "easy to get" at all.

And I think a Jumbo will always be a big ask too.....maybe a few years into the AP brand journey.
A silver variant has been sitting with Selfridges London for 6 months and 4,5k discount and still no one wants it.
Old 15 June 2022, 05:50 AM   #20
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon5

Quote:
A silver variant has been sitting with Selfridges London for 6 months and 4,5k discount and still no one wants it.
Not sure any Code 11.59 is finished in Silver?

And Selfridges (Bucherer) lost the AP franchise late last year as I recall. And is that piece used maybe?
Old 15 June 2022, 06:28 AM   #21
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not sure any Code 11.59 is finished in Silver?

And Selfridges (Bucherer) lost the AP franchise late last year as I recall. And is that piece used maybe?
Rose gold case - Silver dial
Brand new unworn, Can. be sold at a discount due to them losing status in January.
Been sitting there for 6 months.....Lonely
Old 15 June 2022, 06:45 AM   #22
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon5

Quote:
Rose gold case - Silver dial
Brand new unworn, Can. be sold at a discount due to them losing status in January.
Been sitting there for 6 months.....Lonely

Assume this one

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A008KB.01.html

Cheaper to pop over to Rome for a weekend away

https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspig...id23972490.htm
Old 15 June 2022, 03:22 PM   #23
benamij
"TRF" Member

The watch is absolutely beautiful!
But obviously the crowd wants what everyone else wants… this is how it is.

A code with st bracelet would be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benamij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 07:31 PM   #24
sigma089
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, GS, PP
In the currently climate you're probably better of registering your interest at your boutique and waiting for grey pieces to drop in a territory, that you are comfortable with, than byuing a Code you don't actually want.

Maybe you'll get one allocated before prices drop to a price on the second hand market that you are ok with. If not, just buy a new one second hand. I really believe these will get available pretty quickly at an accepable price point.
sigma089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 04:11 AM   #25
rolleyme
"TRF" Member

Watch: 326935; 126715
Quote:
I was at the Rome AD about a week or so ago and they didn't have any Codes except for a display piece in burgundy.
rolleyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:30 AM   #26
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Slow down... what makes you think you can even get the Code?

Here's a good idea, don't buy the Code and then buy the Jumbo second hand. MUCH cheaper.
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:49 AM   #27
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that perp is itself really hard to get right now; if you were lucky enough to get one I doubt it would help you much with a royal oak.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:57 AM   #28
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmz View Post
could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that perp is itself really hard to get right now; if you were lucky enough to get one I doubt it would help you much with a royal oak.

Yes, it is apparently pretty hard to get. Spoke to my boutique and they said it's really almost as hard as getting the RO QP.
Old 4 August 2022, 06:45 AM   #29
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by benamij View Post
The watch is absolutely beautiful!
But obviously the crowd wants what everyone else wants… this is how it is.

A code with st bracelet would be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure about steel, but a bracelet could be in the works.
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 01:14 PM   #30
thetahoess
"TRF" Member

I just bought the RG version of the Code QP. 3 different corporate boutiques told me that this was an allocation piece, not a stair step piece, for whatever that’s worth.

B
thetahoess is offline   Reply With Quote