The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 7 July 2019, 08:19 PM   #1
RLXSRGN
"TRF" Member

AP ROO Quality

Have the beautiful 26405CE (ceramic bezel and case offshore). Truly love the watch with its presence and stealth nature. Purchased it new from the boutique 3 weeks ago. This is my first AP.

Yesterday while doing paper work, noticed the pusher at the 4 o’clock position had fallen off.

Needless to say, I’m somewhat shocked and livid at the same time. I understand it’s not a Rolex. I actually love that it’s not as common and aware that it maybe a bit more fragile. But I’ve owned multiple luxury Swiss watches and have never had a similar occurrence of any sort.

I’m heading into the AP boutique Monday. I’m considering having the watch fixed and then selling it or asking for a replacement. I’m just confused how this sort of thing can happen with regular non-active/non-traumatic wear.
RLXSRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 01:00 AM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Anything can happen to any watch, nothing is immune, get it fixed and back on your wrist, at least AP service should be top notch, and ask for a cap or some goodies too.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 01:15 AM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i dont find them to be "fragile".... however the QC is hit or miss. If you have an issue its almost always early on. They fix it and then no issues.

So basically not fragile as i would wear them for anything i would wear a Rolex for. Same goes for the chrono module. If it fails most people have the issue pretty early. After they fix it then it runs great. Its not a huge and widespread issue, however I have never been able to wrap my head around the timing of when it happens if its going to happen.

Probably similar with the pusher falling off. It has to be an initial assembly issue vs it just failed

on a side note my wife's yachtmaster is going in for warranty work now with rotor issues... my 15400 hasn't had to go in yet and its older. So there you go
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 01:55 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Agree with tyler. You have a 5 year warranty and AP clearwater service is arguably the best customer service from a watch manufacturer in the states. Since you seem to be near by just drop it off at 57th and let them handle it for you.
Old 8 July 2019, 01:59 AM   #5
RLXSRGN
"TRF" Member

Yes, I’ll stop by tomorrow and drop it off. It has to go to Clearwater and I’m assuming that this will be an ordeal that may take a few weeks?
Old 8 July 2019, 02:28 AM   #6
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
I previously had a Panerai 311 twice. I loved the watch but had different issues with it. One was the pusher fell off. I felt the same as you but in the end, it was fixed where I had to do a complete service as that seems to be the only fix at Panerai and it didn’t happen again. Yes, it’s a pain in the ass but AP service has been great to me and a year from now, you won’t think twice about it.
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 02:33 AM   #7
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLXSRGN View Post
Yes, I’ll stop by tomorrow and drop it off. It has to go to Clearwater and I’m assuming that this will be an ordeal that may take a few weeks?

Correct. They may surprise you but that's a safe assumption, likely more than a few. But my experience with APSC has always been excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 02:54 AM   #8
Uros
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear. This was happening on 44s before, thought they improved design on recent editions.

I wouldn’t sell mine in case it happen to
me. Shouldn’t be problem to be fixed. Too much love and enjoy mine 26405 to let it go.

Let us know what they told you in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 04:18 AM   #9
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Chat with Selin, she'll take care of you and make sure that it's handled as expediently as possible. You're in great hands.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 04:46 AM   #10
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Don’t get rid of it, they will fix the pusher. It’s nothing more then a design flaw. Your not alone, AP ROO pushers fall off and RO bracelet pusher screws coming out which leads to the pusher falling off. I know your pain, it’s gut wrenching seeing something so expensive fall apart. But it’s not worth getting rid of over.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 08:01 AM   #11
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
4-5 weeks is typical. Being a brand new piece I would expect it to be prioritized and maybe come back sooner given its not a movement service.
Old 8 July 2019, 08:47 AM   #12
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
3 weeks or less for something like this. It’s a screw.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 12:32 PM   #13
RLXSRGN
"TRF" Member

So no repair could be done at the boutique even though it’s listed as a “service center”
Old 8 July 2019, 01:48 PM   #14
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Just happened to me too. Glad I was just sitting here watching TV and didn’t lose the Pt pusher.

singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 02:57 PM   #15
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

I would exchange it for a new one if it's rather new. What a moodkiller.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 06:08 PM   #16
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
There have actually been a worrying number of posts detailing this very issue the pusher coming off. Its rather concerning given the price of this watch....
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 07:59 PM   #17
Urooj
Banned

I have owned many brands over the year and I can easily conclude that AP and
Especially 44mm offshore are built and finished to immaculate quality and perfection almost unbelievable and unparalleled attention to detail and craftsmanship. Their customer service is top notch and will replace and check for any further deficiencies and will return the product in brand new condition.
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 09:28 PM   #18
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWoundUp View Post
There have actually been a worrying number of posts detailing this very issue the pusher coming off. Its rather concerning given the price of this watch....
Where? Haven't seen many here and certainly not many since you joined.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 11:11 PM   #19
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj View Post
I have owned many brands over the year and I can easily conclude that AP and
Especially 44mm offshore are built and finished to immaculate quality and perfection almost unbelievable and unparalleled attention to detail and craftsmanship. Their customer service is top notch and will replace and check for any further deficiencies and will return the product in brand new condition.
From my experience, I totally agree. Of my APs I've only had an issue with one, which was my first, my RG44, which had a power reseve problem. It was sorted within a month and by way of compensation I was given a factory visit. Top notch customer retention!
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2019, 11:14 PM   #20
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWoundUp View Post
just playing devils advocate... who is going to post about when the pusher doesn't fall off? so if you see 5 threads that one fell off what does that even mean?

it shouldn't fall off... it seems to happen as with most other "issues" very early on like i said... which is weird. But, that doesnt imply its a lot, or most watches.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 12:20 AM   #21
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Where? Haven't seen many here and certainly not many since you joined.
I've been browsing this forum for about a year now, only got around to creating an account recently. I recall reading about 2 or 3 others who had posted in a thread a few months back
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 12:28 AM   #22
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
just playing devils advocate... who is going to post about when the pusher doesn't fall off? so if you see 5 threads that one fell off what does that even mean?

it shouldn't fall off... it seems to happen as with most other "issues" very early on like i said... which is weird. But, that doesnt imply its a lot, or most watches.
+1. People rarely come on the internet to rave about something or to say it is performing as expected. So of course you only hear/read the bad stuff, which is likely a very small percentage. And APSC is really good.
Old 9 July 2019, 03:56 AM   #23
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
Just happened to me too. Glad I was just sitting here watching TV and didn’t lose the Pt pusher.

Ouch!
Old 9 July 2019, 04:54 AM   #24
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
you got unlucky, when AP QC misses, they miss badly! take a look the gasket on my brand new diver, I wonder how did they let it out of the factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (62.5 KB, 788 views)
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 07:47 AM   #25
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer24 View Post
you got unlucky, when AP QC misses, they miss badly! take a look the gasket on my brand new diver, I wonder how did they let it out of the factory.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 08:37 AM   #26
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

How did you leave the store with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 9 July 2019, 09:29 AM   #27
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
i have worn my platinum, rg 44 for 6 years now never a single issue

as I've voiced over and over again, 4 out of 5 of my pateks broke, to me they are seriously lacking in quality control..

everyone will have different opinions, factual events and evidence to determine what they want I guess!

as mentioned up above, can happen to anything, any time
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 09:38 AM   #28
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
i have worn my platinum, rg 44 for 6 years now never a single issue

as I've voiced over and over again, 4 out of 5 of my pateks broke, to me they are seriously lacking in quality control..

everyone will have different opinions, factual events and evidence to determine what they want I guess!

as mentioned up above, can happen to anything, any time
+1 Martin

In the three APs I've had over the past five years, I've worn them every single day without skipping a beat and not once had a single problem with them. The only time I'd take them off is if I'm flying aerobatics and pulling high Gs as that's killed a Rolex of mine before and I don't think I need to be wearing an AP while doing that. Other than that, they never leave my wrist and not once have I had a single issue.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 01:11 PM   #29
Nephro
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
I’ve had to send my Diver back once and my Safari back twice to Clearwater for servicing. The watches are about 7-8 years old. Betsy and everyone I’ve dealt with at the Clearwater facility have been absolutely fantastic. I’ve never had any issues with my other watches. Despite that, whenever I entertain the thought of selling these watches I just put them back on and instantly fall in love again! I haven’t had any issues since last service for either of them. Just fantastic timepieces! As others have said I wouldn’t let that one issue ruin the brand or watch for you. I love your 26405CE. Keep it and enjoy!
Patek Philippe 5712R-001, Audemars Piguet 15400ST Ruthenium dial, Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V Blue dial, Rolex 326933, Rolex 116523, Rolex 126710BLNR, Rolex 116610LV, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex 126300 Wimbledon dial, JLC Master Compressor Navy SEAL's Diving Alarm, PAM 1499
Omega Constellation 1967, G Shock
Nephro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2019, 11:26 AM   #30
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Quote:

Hasn’t that model been out of production for a few years?

15710ST.OO.A002CA.02 shows “not for sale” on AP’s site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote