The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 May 2020, 08:19 AM   #1
ali53
"TRF" Member

UK Forum Sellers?

Since joining the forum i'm addicted! Seeing member's collections and pieces has given me the push to possibly add another Rolex to my small collection (only a BLNR so far!) but you guys are definitely inspiring!

Anyway, whilst search through the classifieds, I've noticed that they're most all USA based sellers, and if I commit to a purchase from the US I fear I may be stung quite badly on VAT/Duty/Shipping etc by the time its on my wrist. Are there any UK based sellers that are selling on this forum that anyone can recommend? Looking for a Submariner Hulk or Rootbeer as a possible contender to add to the family

Sincere thanks in advance all!
ali53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 04:40 PM   #2
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

I have some great connections that I can happily recommend and put you in touch with. Pm if you need some help.
Old 28 May 2020, 08:13 PM   #3
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Speak to David SW He's the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali53 View Post
Since joining the forum i'm addicted! Seeing member's collections and pieces has given me the push to possibly add another Rolex to my small collection (only a BLNR so far!) but you guys are definitely inspiring!

Anyway, whilst search through the classifieds, I've noticed that they're most all USA based sellers, and if I commit to a purchase from the US I fear I may be stung quite badly on VAT/Duty/Shipping etc by the time its on my wrist. Are there any UK based sellers that are selling on this forum that anyone can recommend? Looking for a Submariner Hulk or Rootbeer as a possible contender to add to the family

Sincere thanks in advance all!

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 09:14 PM   #4
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
I am in exactly the same situation.

If DavidSW is US based then as the OP said we would be stung with 20% VAT plus other charges.
Goose 104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 09:28 PM   #5
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Maybe, maybe not

Speak to the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose 104 View Post
I am in exactly the same situation.

If DavidSW is US based then as the OP said we would be stung with 20% VAT plus other charges.

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 09:53 PM   #6
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post
Maybe, maybe not

Speak to the man.
Cheers - will do!
Goose 104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 05:30 AM   #7
ali53
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post
Maybe, maybe not

Speak to the man.
Spoke to DavidSW and he's happy to ship to the UK but its the VAT/Duty which is the biggest issue for us! Can't even fly across to visit the man!
ali53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 09:46 PM   #8
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
Hi all, sorry to ask a question which is probably repeated over and over but I've had a good look through the site using the search feature, classifieds, who's who etc and i'm not much further forward so please don't shoot me down.

Which UK sites (& forum sellers) are considered trusted and reputable. I've had a bad buying experience from C24 buying from the US and keen to buy from a UK TS.

Thank you in advance. Appreciate any feedback offered.
Old 20 July 2020, 01:46 AM   #9
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

The big names like Watchfinder, but you’ll pay. Happy to help if I can.
Old 20 July 2020, 06:34 AM   #10
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
The big names like Watchfinder, but you’ll pay. Happy to help if I can.
Thanks Root, i'm happy to put the leg work in. I just need to know which UK forum sellers and UK sites are the most reputable places to look?
Old 20 July 2020, 06:44 AM   #11
slimboy1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Tone Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
Thanks Root, i'm happy to put the leg work in. I just need to know which UK forum sellers and UK sites are the most reputable places to look?
I bought my Daytona from watchfinder and tbh I thought they were excellent, that being said I really want to buy my next from an AD again but really couldn’t fault watchfinder I used them because I wanted it right away yeah paid a slight premium but was happy to pay it to get an unworn watch within a couple of days
slimboy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 06:45 AM   #12
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Start with the pieces you want first and then take it from there. Use the internet and then contact those sellers. If you don’t get the answers you’re looking for, move on.
Old 20 July 2020, 08:01 AM   #13
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimboy1974 View Post
I bought my Daytona from watchfinder and tbh I thought they were excellent, that being said I really want to buy my next from an AD again but really couldn’t fault watchfinder I used them because I wanted it right away yeah paid a slight premium but was happy to pay it to get an unworn watch within a couple of days
Cheers Slim, excellent choice! Enjoy your Daytona. I knew about watchfinder & had already checked them out, tyvm all the same. I just wanted to check them all to compare prices, reputation, after service etc. Just a bit of due diligence on my part so I could be sure i'm getting a competitive deal which is right for me but doesn't appear to be many at all in the UK.

Once I know who they all are, I'll know and will never have to ask again. Until then my quest continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Start with the pieces you want first and then take it from there. Use the internet and then contact those sellers. If you don’t get the answers you’re looking for, move on.
Thanks again Root, i've done the above already. I'm onto the 'move on' bit which in my case was 'move on' to asking advice on TRF to see if there are other UK internet platforms or TS I'm not aware of.

I know what I want and i've used the internet to check. I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or genuinely offering advice.

Anyway, ce la vie, thanks for your input all the same.
Old 20 July 2020, 08:10 AM   #14
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cheers Slim, excellent choice! Enjoy your Daytona. I knew about watchfinder & had already checked them out, tyvm all the same. I just wanted to check them all to compare prices, reputation, after service etc. Just a bit of due diligence on my part so I could be sure i'm getting a competitive deal which is right for me but doesn't appear to be many at all in the UK.

Once I know who they all are, I'll know and will never have to ask again. Until then my quest continues.

Thanks again Root, i've done the above already. I'm onto the 'move on' bit which in my case was 'move on' to asking advice on TRF to see if there are other UK internet platforms or TS I'm not aware of.

I know what I want and i've used the internet to check. I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or genuinely offering advice.

Anyway, ce la vie, thanks for your input all the same.
I certainly didn’t mean to come across as sarcastic. Tell us who you’re proposing to purchase through and the model you’re buying and you’ll get plenty of feedback.
Old 20 July 2020, 08:29 AM   #15
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Watchfinder, Watchclub and Chronext, all big and pricey.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 08:54 AM   #16
Old Farmer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
we have the same problem in Australia
Old Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote