The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 January 2018, 06:45 AM   #421
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

Oh help me Rhonda I just triggered another buy of Canopy...

OK I gotta stop now I'm getting a little out of a control on purchases today - bought two lots of Canopy and two of Aphria.

The theme song for today will either be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6gNo4-1r6k
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntPH...PHFVWDIqM&t=40
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 07:11 AM   #422
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

Well let's hope that's the last of the napalm attack to our beautiful forest and our seeds can sprout forth from the scorched earth with renewed vigor.

Old 13 January 2018, 07:35 AM   #423
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Pretty crazy dips. Im holding out till July 1st which i hope recreational is passed.

Where? There is nothing to pass in Canada for recreational.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 11:12 AM   #424
Vishy26
"TRF" Member

It's not a crypto as we understand, need to give this some run at least till this summer or much further and see where it goes. If this doesn't work, it's ok by me. Thanks again for M and others to share their work
Vishy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 12:06 PM   #425
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Jumped in on more aphria today
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A46A6B2D-AB09-4AEA-A799-918F353077FB.jpeg (38.8 KB, 305 views)
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 02:19 AM   #426
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Just an update for Aphria investors. U.S. market is closed, but Canadian markets are open. Aphria is trading up 16% today. Let’s hope it holds.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 05:19 AM   #427
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
CA changes today:

Aphria Inc +3.09 (17.15%)
Cronos Group Inc +0.54 (5.99%)
MedReleaf Corp +1.12 (5.01%)
Hydropothecary Corp +0.25 (6.56%)

Looks like they are picking up.
Old 16 January 2018, 05:54 AM   #428
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
CA changes today:

Aphria Inc +3.09 (17.15%)
Cronos Group Inc +0.54 (5.99%)
MedReleaf Corp +1.12 (5.01%)
Hydropothecary Corp +0.25 (6.56%)

Looks like they are picking up.
This is fantastic news.

Thanks for sharing.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 06:01 AM   #429
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

Come on baby keep it going through tomorrow!
Papa needs a new Tudor BBR

Unless of course by July you can get papa into a PM president :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 16 January 2018, 06:27 AM   #430
Chase3009
"TRF" Member

First of all, thanks for all the great info on this thread!

Quick question, i'm trading through e-trade and td ameritrade and I can't seem to locate the listing for Hyrdropothecary on the TSX-V market. All I can locate is the HYYDF listing. I'm sure this is some kind of newbie mistake. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd love to add some tomorrow.

Thanks for any help!
Chase3009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 06:51 AM   #431
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Hyrdropothecary is HYYDF thats what Im buying.
Old 16 January 2018, 06:58 AM   #432
Chase3009
"TRF" Member

Isn’t THCX the one traded on the TSX-V? That’s the one I can’t find.
Chase3009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 07:13 AM   #433
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/aphr...abis-1.4487772

Aphria acquiring Broken Coast Cannabis
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 08:43 AM   #434
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

nice bounce back today. still down from the 'highs' a little over a week back but hopefully we creep back up slower this time and hold on to the gains.

some interesting editorial from a redditor the other day:

Quote:
Cannabis, and by association Hemp, have been out of economic play, on the entire planet and in every society, for the better part of a century. This was during the biggest global economic growth in human history. There is no clear facts as to why this happened – some say the powers that be in the 1930s wanted to eliminate the negative ‘lazy’ effects of marijuana as they rebuilt after WW1, some even go so far to say it was racist policy in that marijuana was associated with blacks and latinos. Other conspiracy theories say DuPont petrochemical company conspired with Anslinger and Hearst to levy a tax on cannabis/hemp that put the industry out over night, providing a monopoly on oil-derived products in favor of petroleum companies instead of hemp oil. Regardless of why it happened, it did happen.

Around the turn of the 20th century, both Rudolf Diesel and Henry Ford designed their engines to run on on oils, Henry Ford in particular used Hemp derived plastic as the entire shell of his first Model-T car, and ran the engine on hemp oil.

There are videos of the government promoting hemp, such as the short film “Hemp For Victory”, as it was critical for wartime manufacturing. Hemp was a major useful crop dating as far back as 6,000 BC. The Elloris Caves are some of the best preserved ancient architecture in the world, and this is because the plaster used to line the caves was made from cannabis – it was insect repellant, and is to this day, it preserved paintings on the walls better than any other material, and it was soundproof and insulative. These superior qualities are not lost on modern industrial giants.

Car manufactures impregnate plastics used in cars with hemp. Concrete is impregnated with hemp to make it more durable and lightweight.

Now that is just all hemp. Make no mistake that it will either disrupt or ntirely replace the paper industry, clothing industry, and building material products. It won’t be long until homes are made with mostly hemp derived products, we are all wearing hemp clothing, and writing/printing with hemp paper... and the majority of our foods will be made with or contain hemp oils or other isolates - even baby foods and cereals will have CBDs in them.

With modern technology and medical advancements, we have only very recently discovered that there are over 95+ cannabinoids in cannabis – ranging in effects from anti-depressants to aiding in bone growth. There are still yet many medical discoveries to be made.

In the 1970s, Phillip Morris executives sent out multiple memos advising research on cannabis, even going so far to say it is a superior product and the only real threat to tobacco companies.

Beverage companies are the first to be making big moves, with the Constellation Brands injection of cash into Canopy, and Cotts Beverages advising Tinley. We have seen no moves by big consumer companies like Nestle, or other big alcohol companies, and certainly no moves have been made by tobacco. These kinds of companies have their hands tied by bureaucracy and must abide by strict federal laws - the midnight masquerade party hasn't started until they show up, and we are here drinking margaritas by the pool at 11am waiting for them with still a majority of the day left to go before they roll up.

Health advocates have successfully campaigned against the use of tobacco and alcohol, and people are aware of the damage both of those products cause not only to ones health, but to family, psychology, personal finance, etc. Yet, the more research going into cannabis, the more beneficial it proves to be, while providing a superior feeling……not only that, but the feeling can be tailored by the strain! There are over 500 strains of cannabis, and many are so different that you can use them to relax, you can use them to get energy, creative, horny, improve appetite, beat depression and anxiety, etc etc etc. I know people who smoke certain sativas before they go do a 10k marathon, and many others who have defeated their health problems with certain strains.

None of these tailor-made effects can be said for alcohol or tobacco….and as far as medications/pharmaceuticals targeting these health/psychological issues, they come with a range of side effects that are absent in cannabis.

Yes, it is unfortunate for us investors that people are able to grow at home, but they won't be able to extract and refine products to make something like a Coca Cola (which, by the way, originally used cocaine in the recipe).....we have yet to see a Canna-Cola be marketed to a mass audience as Coca-Cola has been. Never mind the plethora of innovative new consumer products yet to be even dreamed up by inventors and entrepreneurs.

People are choosing cannabis over mainstream products every day, and in terms of a historical long-term context: it hasn’t even begun yet.

When you add up the industries of textiles, edibles (ambiguous), soft drinks, energy drinks, industrial materials, clothing, paper, alcohol, tobacco, pain/anxiety/insomnia medications, other pharmaceuticals, petroleum derived products....then realize that there are still uses for cannabis/hemp that haven't even been invented yet.....as well as the black market of other narcotics.... When you take market share away from ALL of those = This is well over a few trillion dollar industry over the next 20 years as more nations legalize, and will eclipse every other industry on earth, including oil.

And Canada has a head start on it all.
and

Quote:
“Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?” – Henry Ford
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 12:03 PM   #435
Dr.LJ
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Breitling
Today's bounce back was quite nice. I regret not buying more stocks last Friday .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase3009 View Post
Isn’t THCX the one traded on the TSX-V? That’s the one I can’t find.
Yep, on the TSX Venture it is THCX. HYYDF is on the OTC markets in the US.
Dr.LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 01:14 PM   #436
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Wall Street is taking notice. Comparing the fledgling Cannibas industry to cryptos in their beginning. Kinda funny report from a network business reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FMM6A3PTxyE
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 10:15 PM   #437
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Ok, today is the day, I am going in!!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 12:58 AM   #438
SADDLE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
The train just left the station... choo choo!

APHQF
CNTTF
HYYDF
IVITF
MRRCF
SADDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 01:14 AM   #439
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

if I sold right now... I got my BBR.
I'm going to wait a bit :)
Old 17 January 2018, 04:06 AM   #440
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Ok, today is the day, I am going in!!
Of course, I bought it at the open....the high of the day now its down and I already lost an Explorer worth
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 04:37 AM   #441
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

LOL, give it a couple of days - you'll bounce back.

Quote:
Of course, I bought it at the open....the high of the day now its down and I already lost an Explorer worth
Old 17 January 2018, 10:33 AM   #442
Gaijin

Only on TRF would we equate our gains and losses in terms of a Rolex model.
Old 17 January 2018, 10:35 AM   #443
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don’t be disheartened. The Dow was up over 200 points on the open too yet closed down. I’d rather own Cannabis companies at these levels than the general market. Hang tight, buy more opportunistically on dips and you will profit handsomely by Summer.

As an aside, I’ve made seven figure profits on Cannabis cos but even I lost a bit at first when I started buying them last April, and took many small profits way too soon when I got just above even. Later on, when I re-entered Aphria in the beginning of November, held on, added on sporadic weakness, lighten up some shares in excessive strength, then rebought on weakness again, that is when I really started making boatloads on the Cannabis sector. Stick with the top 5-6 largest, most well known cos and you’ll turn that lost Explorer in many Daytonas. Good luck!
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 11:23 AM   #444
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Canopy came out with some big news today about Australia MOU. PEI (smallest Canadian Province) also announced their MOU's with Canopy and OGI.

This suggests to me that OGI will also get an MOU Nova Scotia since they are the primary Atlantic LP. that would be a big deal for them but Canopy is too big to be moved by the Atlantic MOU's
Old 18 January 2018, 09:40 AM   #445
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
Anyone know about the trade halt for Hyrdropothecary at end of day today? I here there is some shareholder meeting tonight. Can anyone confirm anything?
roaddog359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 09:58 AM   #446
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

it was just a warrant conversion. there are guys in the meeting reporting it on reddit right now.

Canopy just did a major bought deal for $175M and BMO was one of the underwriters which people are perhaps over-reading-in-to.
Old 18 January 2018, 11:38 AM   #447
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
I'm going to throw $250k at it and wait for it to double and then get out...

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 02:55 PM   #448
Dr.LJ
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Breitling
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog359 View Post
Anyone know about the trade halt for Hyrdropothecary at end of day today? I here there is some shareholder meeting tonight. Can anyone confirm anything?
Morningstar says it is for "pending news". http://news.morningstar.com/all/cana...lt-thcxdb.aspx
Dr.LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 02:58 PM   #449
Gaijin

A Canadian bank is going to allow deposits. This may be old news ( ? ) but this is huge as it will bring in institutional investors. Not just the retail guys like me.
Old 19 January 2018, 12:48 AM   #450
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

We may have another down day on our hands.
Might look for some more pickups.