The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 March 2024, 06:50 AM   #1
MplsMN
"TRF" Member

Rolex CPO Datapoint

Hi gang, take this with a grain of salt, just one CPO AD but they’re holding fast on pricing. Not really willing to negotiate. As a matter of fact, they are banking on several pieces, being discontinued (Pepsi gmt, green sub, etc) coming up at watches, and wonders. Where they can, then raise their prices even further.

Still pretty crazy out there!
I told them to contact me after watches and wonders. I also told them, you need to sell the watch more than I need to buy it. lol.
MplsMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 07:14 AM   #2
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

This is the first time I've heard the green sub might discontinue. I don't see why they would.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 07:55 AM   #3
dcorn
"TRF" Member

I suppose that makes sense for some models. I've been looking for a 16570 and there are a TON of them on the CPO websites and a very large range of prices. I can't imagine they are going to sell all of them easily.

Tourneau did say if you trade in a watch (any brand, not just Rolex), they give you 20% more value on the trade if you purchase something at the same time. Considering trading in my Seamaster, but doubt I'd get much value from it.
dcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 07:55 AM   #4
MplsMN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphr1 View Post
This is the first time I've heard the green sub might discontinue. I don't see why they would.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
Was a first I heard it too! :)
Old 6 March 2024, 07:56 AM   #5
MplsMN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
I suppose that makes sense for some models. I've been looking for a 16570 and there are a TON of them on the CPO websites and a very large range of prices. I can't imagine they are going to sell all of them easily.

Tourneau did say if you trade in a watch (any brand, not just Rolex), they give you 20% more value on the trade if you purchase something at the same time. Considering trading in my Seamaster, but doubt I'd get much value from it.
Oh really? That’s very interesting to hear. Watches of Switzerland are begging for stock, 3+ years old only of course.
Old 6 March 2024, 11:13 AM   #6
dcorn
"TRF" Member

Govberg has five black dial 16570s on their site. Doesn't include the couple 16550s and numerous white dials. They do have them priced accordingly, some of them much less than the other CPO sites. Probably not terrible considering the market prices out there.

Ugh, WoS has a CPO 1680 white text for $22k... Shoulda tried to trade mine in instead of going private party sale.
dcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 09:16 PM   #7
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the sunrise
Having visited two ADs I know, now have CPO, they told me there is discount to be had on CPO watches, not that any I see are realistic price wise, panda and black dial Daytona 116500 both in at £27,950. I’m starting to see Panda £21,000 on Chrono24, I’m very tempted to go grey for a Daytona.

Now proud member of ‘ silly stupid childlike nickname only forum’
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote