The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 January 2018, 03:19 PM   #1
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Can TRF help me find something?

I've tried every method I can think of plus many recommendations from other. Figured I might ask here.

I drove a 1965 Mustang Coupe when I was a teenager. The car was sold somewhere around 2005, when I was overseas in the Navy. I could not take care of the car, and neither could my dad. So, when someone came along that was interested, we let it go. Regret ever since. These are some of the few photos I have of it. I still remember some specific details and have the VIN on some old paper work as well.

What I do know from some of the research I've done is the car may have been last registered in the state of Georgia. We originally sold it back in 2005 in a city in Florida called Chipley, and the buyer may have been in Panama City. It's possible the next buyer or first was in Alabama. Other than that, I haven't been able to find any info.

Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 03:33 PM   #2
Redtele58
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT, Daytona
Do you by chance have the VIN? You may be able to search for it on Carfax or some of the similar sites. That may give you it's last/current owner and location.
Redtele58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 05:33 PM   #3
GEORGE505
"TRF" Member

Go to the secretary of state office and they can look up where the car is currently registered or last registered. Carfax wont really help because of the year of car and they get their information from insurance companies, unless its been in a accident. You can do a title look up online but might be limited. However they will give you only so much info and may charge a small fee. You will find it but just be patient which is hard to do sometimes lol. Good luck and hope this helps! Keep us posted.
GEORGE505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 11:28 PM   #4
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE505 View Post
Go to the secretary of state office and they can look up where the car is currently registered or last registered. Carfax wont really help because of the year of car and they get their information from insurance companies, unless its been in a accident. You can do a title look up online but might be limited. However they will give you only so much info and may charge a small fee. You will find it but just be patient which is hard to do sometimes lol. Good luck and hope this helps! Keep us posted.
Haven't heard this method. I will try it out!
Old 17 January 2018, 11:44 PM   #5
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

If you don’t have the VIN, or old Florida tag number - then your first step is to get the VIN from the Florida database. Due to privacy laws enacted in 2004, Florida will not give you data unless you were named on the title.

Here is a link to a form you can file to start a search by name. http://flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/90510.pdf

But of course that’s just step 1 to get the VIN. No way to know where it is now (if it’s still in one piece).

Step 2 is a paid VIN search process via the many advertisers on Google.

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 12:45 PM   #6
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
If you don’t have the VIN, or old Florida tag number - then your first step is to get the VIN from the Florida database. Due to privacy laws enacted in 2004, Florida will not give you data unless you were named on the title.

Here is a link to a form you can file to start a search by name. http://flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/90510.pdf

But of course that’s just step 1 to get the VIN. No way to know where it is now (if it’s still in one piece).

Step 2 is a paid VIN search process via the many advertisers on Google.

I have the VIN. And a paid search got me almost no info. All that came up was that the car was registered in Georgia a few years back. Nothing before or after that. Kind of odd.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 18 January 2018, 12:51 PM   #7
77T

If it’s registered here then it’s titled here. That should yield something. I’m guessing the paid search did not get you title info.

Until a month ago, a title search was a key click away. But now must be done through a 3rd party. https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/titleinquiry/status.aspx

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 12:57 PM   #8
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Good Luck finding the car!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 02:37 PM   #9
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
If it’s registered here then it’s titled here. That should yield something. I’m guessing the paid search did not get you title info.

Until a month ago, a title search was a key click away. But now must be done through a 3rd party. https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/titleinquiry/status.aspx

Will try this tomorrow thanks so much!!