The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 16 May 2022, 02:53 PM   #1
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Vacheron Oversea availability in Hong Kong

Any of the Hong Kong members can report back if VC is taking any names for their Oversea waitlist at HK Boutiques? If so, what's the wait time...more like how many years...?

It's widely reported that no waitlist for Oversea in the US, but I'm curious if that's the case in HK.

Thanks,
Old 16 May 2022, 05:58 PM   #2
tecknit
"TRF" Member

I’ve tried in the Tsim Sha Tsiui Harbour City boutique and even though they told me they allow my name to be put onto the waitlist for a black dial overseas, they only let me write my name and details on a piece of fine paper of theirs and then asked me to leave without confirming whether or not he will definitely put me on the waitlist. They won’t even let me write down my name for the blue dial
tecknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 10:52 PM   #3
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
Any of the Hong Kong members can report back if VC is taking any names for their Oversea waitlist at HK Boutiques? If so, what's the wait time...more like how many years...?

It's widely reported that no waitlist for Oversea in the US, but I'm curious if that's the case in HK.

Thanks,
They may take your name but I'm not sure you would get put on any list. I often go into the boutiques, was invited to a private event last year and am known to most of their staff but I'm not optimistic I'd get any call. In contrast, I've been lucky enough to get a blue 15400 from the boutique as well as a RO Chrono
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2022, 01:51 AM   #4
RobHK
"TRF" Member

I purchased one VCO previously. I have asked to be put on the list for a couple of Overseas. No problem to be put on the list but they are very vague on the waiting time.

As I understand it in the past they would strictly follow the list. It's just a feeling but it does feel they are more vague because they do not follow the list from top to bottom anymore. I might be wrong on that, just a hunch. One of the watches is the silver dial 4500v, so it's not a very hot model, not really trading very high above retail either. But even for this watch I was indicated a pretty long waiting time (like 2 years+).
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2022, 12:23 PM   #5
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone. My AD here in the US can hook me up with a 7900V but he’s asking for a bundle deal. Seems like that’s my best opinion.
Old 18 May 2022, 12:00 AM   #6
JF100
"TRF" Member

Like most if you have the 'contacts' i.e. boutique staff or mainly manager likes you, you can skip up the lists. Overseas for most is v hard to get now. Other lines are hit and miss.
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 10:55 PM   #7
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF100 View Post
Like most if you have the 'contacts' i.e. boutique staff or mainly manager likes you, you can skip up the lists. Overseas for most is v hard to get now. Other lines are hit and miss.
Wonder what the 222 line would be like…
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 11:09 PM   #8
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post

It's apparently really hard. The boutique where I received my blue 4500V got 23 qualified registrations of interest (existing customers with reasonable spend history) and expect to see 2-3 watches this year. They see 5 blue overseas a year for comparison.

VC makes a tenth of the watches AP makes so all of their lines are legitimately low production. Original 222 in 3N was 100 pieces in the world.

If VC was watching the market they'd take those lists of preexisting customers who registered interest and make enough for them.

At $62,500 though I find myself wondering if I'd rather have a day date 40 and $20,000.
Old 19 May 2022, 11:47 PM   #9
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
It's apparently really hard. The boutique where I received my blue 4500V got 23 qualified registrations of interest (existing customers with reasonable spend history) and expect to see 2-3 watches this year. They see 5 blue overseas a year for comparison.

VC makes a tenth of the watches AP makes so all of their lines are legitimately low production. Original 222 in 3N was 100 pieces in the world.

If VC was watching the market they'd take those lists of preexisting customers who registered interest and make enough for them.

At $62,500 though I find myself wondering if I'd rather have a day date 40 and $20,000.
VC makes a lot more than that. The numbers are private of course but based on past statements I'd bet production is close, maybe ~40k watches / year.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 12:04 AM   #10
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
VC makes a lot more than that. The numbers are private of course but based on past statements I'd bet production is close, maybe ~40k watches / year.

Was going to say no way. 1/10th would be close to Lange production.
Old 20 May 2022, 12:23 AM   #11
JF100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
222 this year is difficult, but compared to the TSO it would be considered 'easy'.
If you are willing to wait a few years i think 222 is doable for sure as they have stated they will be producing it for quite some time; and members on this forum have made comments pertaining to a steel version & perhaps more (a platinum would be insane).
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 12:54 AM   #12
tecknit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A simple google search would tell you it’s 20-25k annual production. 40k is the AP number
tecknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 01:00 AM   #13
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknit View Post
A simple google search would tell you it’s 20-25k annual production. 40k is the AP number
Went to AP House the other day, they mentioned they have been working on increasing the production towards the 50k number..
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 02:34 AM   #14
PFmicro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

VC makes a tenth of the watches AP makes so all of their lines are legitimately low production.
VC makes 4000 watches a year?

Sounds like watch misinformation…
PFmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 03:15 AM   #15
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFmicro View Post
VC makes 4000 watches a year?

Sounds like watch misinformation…

Sounds like the agreed upon number is 20,000. It has been addressed at least 3 times already. Thanks for your correction.
Old 20 May 2022, 07:02 AM   #16
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
222 this year is difficult, but compared to the TSO it would be considered 'easy'.
If you are willing to wait a few years i think 222 is doable for sure as they have stated they will be producing it for quite some time; and members on this forum have made comments pertaining to a steel version & perhaps more (a platinum would be insane).

I am told to be sixth in line for the TSO at the boutique. And when I asked about my position for 222, the comment was “you are in a very strong position” but he won’t disclose where in the line I am. Not sure why I was told for TSO and not 222.
Old 20 May 2022, 11:12 AM   #17
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Which model is the TSO?
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 12:40 PM   #18
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moting View Post
Which model is the TSO?

https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...110t-b935.html
Old 20 May 2022, 01:16 PM   #19
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Ok thanks, was not familiar with thia acronym :)
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 10:28 PM   #20
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:

That would be incorrect based on what I have been told via my boutique manager. It is no more than 20k, and won’t go much higher in order to keep their Geneva seal status.
VC 20k
AP 50k
PP 80k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 10:31 PM   #21
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:

My understanding via conversations at the boutique is that the 222 will be produced in very very low numbers, perhaps around 100 per year. And, extremely unlikely to be released in other metals.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2022, 08:38 PM   #22
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
That would be incorrect based on what I have been told via my boutique manager. It is no more than 20k, and won’t go much higher in order to keep their Geneva seal status.
VC 20k
AP 50k
PP 80k

I kept reading that PP is 60-65k?
Old 22 May 2022, 03:40 AM   #23
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
VC 20k
AP 50k
PP 80k

Lol, believe what you like. Since Richemont doesn't give out numbers it's anyone's guess but back in 2014 they had a stated annual production of 24k with pans to go to 35k of Geneva stamped watches, so not including things like the non geneva 56. And that was 8 years ago, it would stand to reason they gone way past that since.

https://www.europastar.com/magazine/...onstantin.html

In the latest watch report VC was estimated to have done about 1/2 the turnover of AP. Given that VC is still mostly sold wholesale to ADs vs AP is sold entirely through boutiques, assuming similar average MSRP, that would put VC production only a little behind AP.

So, follow the numbers or just believe what your AD tells you, either way it isn't 10% of AP and I would bet it's more than 20k units as well.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 08:53 AM   #24
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Was going to say no way. 1/10th would be close to Lange production.
correct

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 10:11 AM   #25
HMHM
"TRF" Member

VC annual production is 20-25k
AP for 42k for 2021 if I remember correctly, with plans to gradually scale it up to 50k over the next few years
PP is 65k for 2021. This was confirmed by TS in one of the interviews on YT.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote