The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 May 2022, 08:51 PM   #31
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
With my AD right now

What's that drink?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 09:02 PM   #32
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Has anyone here asked out an AD / SA on a date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
All this so called AD relationship stuff mainly exists in internet fantasy land.As all ADs like any other business are there for one thing only,and thats to sell as many of there retail products to anyone that enters there retail store. Now if everyone stopped all this AD worship and just treat them like any other retail store then perhaps we could get back to normal.

I think selling the most retail products is exactly the point of the “AD relationship stuff”.

The way an AD sells the most products is by saving the daytona for the customer who buys the most products; not by selling it to the first person who walks in the door and asks for it…
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 09:21 PM   #33
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmz View Post
I think selling the most retail products is exactly the point of the “AD relationship stuff”.

The way an AD sells the most products is by saving the daytona for the customer who buys the most products; not by selling it to the first person who walks in the door and asks for it…
Not all people who buy Rolex watches even like the modern day Daytona, yes its a good watch but must be the most hyped Rolex ever. And reading the many many posts on forum lately, according to some they only sell Rolex so called hot models to there so called VIP special customers that spend $20000 plus. So do these so called VIP customers or so called relationship customers then sell direct to the grey, as most grey sellers have all the so called hot models at crazy prices. Or is it just joe public buying then selling to the grey, because Rolex watches have become little more than ££$$€€€ objects and sold to the highest bidder.And in the real world its very doubtful any AD would risk his business and livelihood by selling out of the back door Many years ago Rolex watches were bought to wear and enjoy, but that was before Rolex watches were turned into nothing more but investment money only object watches by many of todays Rolex owners.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 09:23 PM   #34
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthesehills View Post
I have concluded that the best way to develop a “relationship” with an AD is to simply start dating a sales associate. Possibly marriage if they can get me on the right waiting list. Could be the quickest and cheapest option. I mean many here are already buying them gifts, just go the extra step people!!
I think that is how it works. Family, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends go to the front of the queue. Strangers do not get to the front of the queue, unless they spend spend spend on other stuff. Who would you allocate a hot watch to? A family member or friend, or a stranger you do not know? Reality I'm afraid.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 09:34 PM   #35
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Has anyone here asked out an AD / SA on a date?

Quote:
Not all people who buy Rolex watches even like the modern day Daytona, yes its a good watch but must be the most hyped Rolex ever. And reading the many many posts on forum lately, according to some they only sell Rolex so called hot models to there so called VIP special customers that spend $20000 plus. So do these so called VIP customers or so called relationship customers then sell direct to the grey, as most grey sellers have all the so called hot models at crazy prices. Or is it just joe public buying then selling to the grey, because Rolex watches have become little more than ££$$€€€ objects and sold to the highest bidder.And in the real world its very doubtful any AD would risk his business and livelihood by selling out of the back door Many years ago Rolex watches were bought to wear and enjoy, but that was before Rolex watches were turned into nothing more but investment money only object watches by many of todays Rolex owners.
I think you’re overcomplicating it now, mate—you had it right the first time.

you said the only thing an AD cares about is selling as many retail products as possible (I agree). the way they do that is by saving the popular rolex models for the people that spend the most. simple.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 10:06 PM   #36
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Paul did !!!
Sigh…

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=672352
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 10:11 PM   #37
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Paul did !!!
True story
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 10:26 PM   #38
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Thought of this before. Wife said no.
Old 24 May 2022, 10:52 PM   #39
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
My Sales assistant is female...not exactly my type if you know what i mean Im not sure how well it would work in that respect

And no, im not turning, just to get a Rolex....
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 10:52 PM   #40
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
DFW - down for whatever!
Old 24 May 2022, 10:54 PM   #41
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Just a Date or a Day Date?
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 10:59 PM   #42
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
Just a Date or a Day Date?
It could be a Date for a Day Date....

...or you could end up buying your Date a Day Date....

....or both. Sounds expensive either way.
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 11:54 PM   #43
btwistround
"TRF" Member

Did you have to buy a tonne of pointless crap so they can add you to their waitlist to take them out for dinner?
btwistround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:53 AM   #44
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
I have one of those mythical relationships with my AD SA. I’m not a whale, the only jewelry I’ve bought is wedding rings. I’ve purchased a number of used watches out of their display case (Tudor, Rolex, Panerai) and new non-Rolex watches (Tudor, Longines). I’ve traded a few Rolexes purchased from her back in against other watches and she’s acquired everything for me that I’ve requested (admittedly none of them super hot hyped models - not my thing). In my case it has nothing to do with the sheer dollar volume of purchases but rather the transaction volume. I’m a reliable and trustworthy repeat customer, always friendly and occasionally charming. This requires no special effort on my part.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:04 AM   #45
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Let me throw a mind bender at you … one that’s been bothering me …

Did I get the right SA !!???

That guy over there sure looks busy … every time I walk in here he’s “in the special room” putting a watch on somebody … my girl (the one I listen to all her stories, the one I buy gifts for, the one I buy “rings” from) … is standing over by the earrings !!!

PS … It did cross my mind to build an off campus relationship with this lady … my girlfriend said, “No, not so you can buy Another watch … but, if it’s to get me the White Dial Daytona I want … go ahead !!”
Big Tex Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:18 AM   #46
Golfbone
"TRF" Member

I married my wife and she has never worked in any capacity for Rolex or any store that sells Rolex. She has no relatives that work for or sold Rolex watches. That my friends is true love is it not? So why is it that when I told her this morning ...."you know....I married you even though you never yada yada"....she did not appreciate it and said to me..."you want to see a waiting list? I'm gonna show you a REAL waiting list". I wonder what she meant by that?
Golfbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:46 AM   #47
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Quote:
With respect Mr. Peter,

You do realize each time this comment of yours is regurgitated, you swing the conversation into the investment aspect, right?
DR
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 03:48 AM   #48
horohollis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Orient Ray Diver
I’ve heard that’s the only way to get a VC overseas blue dial. 🤣
horohollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 03:56 AM   #49
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
New strategy to get Rolex, try dating the SA.
Old 25 May 2022, 04:41 AM   #50
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
New strategy to get Rolex, try dating the SA.
It doesn’t work Alan, I tried it.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 04:56 AM   #51
5thLegion
"TRF" Member

OP might have a point ... what if I talked my wife into applying for a job at the AD? My own Manchurian candidate with secret directives to get me moved up on the "list" for the Sub I am waiting on.
5thLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 07:12 AM   #52
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thLegion View Post
OP might have a point ... what if I talked my wife into applying for a job at the AD? My own Manchurian candidate with secret directives to get me moved up on the "list" for the Sub I am waiting on.

There is no doubt some of these grays have moles lol
Old 25 May 2022, 07:19 AM   #53
Reikolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbone View Post
I married my wife and she has never worked in any capacity for Rolex or any store that sells Rolex. She has no relatives that work for or sold Rolex watches. That my friends is true love is it not? So why is it that when I told her this morning ...."you know....I married you even though you never yada yada"....she did not appreciate it and said to me..."you want to see a waiting list? I'm gonna show you a REAL waiting list". I wonder what she meant by that?

Probably means you’re not getting any from the missus for the next decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reikolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 07:29 AM   #54
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Marriage vs going grey. Both cost a lot and both will turn you grey! It's a dead heat!
Not really. You don't have to pretend to listen to what your grey dealer is feeling right now. No contest, buy grey.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 07:30 AM   #55
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthesehills View Post
I have concluded that the best way to develop a “relationship” with an AD is to simply start dating a sales associate. Possibly marriage if they can get me on the right waiting list. Could be the quickest and cheapest option. I mean many here are already buying them gifts, just go the extra step people!!
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 07:30 AM   #56
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Pretty sure my wife would be upset if I did that!
Hahahahahahaha, good one!!!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 08:26 AM   #57
waterking
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbone View Post
Firstly, congrats on marrying your wife. Secondly, the "waiting list" is commonly used by many wives to make a point, however, it is WHERE you are on the waiting list that is important. Much like a Rolex AD...you may be at the top of the list but that does not mean that you will get the next "watch"...if you know what I mean and I think you do.
waterking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 09:52 AM   #58
Kenny Powers
Banned

I did ask the most desirable SA out on a date. She apologised and said she wasn’t available, and she could put me on a waiting list, but it would be at least 3 years of waiting. She then mentioned that if I took out some of the less desirable SA’s first, that could bump me up the waiting list. I suggested that we could perhaps do a “bundle” with me, her and the less desirable SA. And that was when she called security.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 10:13 AM   #59
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
I did ask the most desirable SA out on a date. She apologised and said she wasn’t available, and she could put me on a waiting list, but it would be at least 3 years of waiting. She then mentioned that if I took out some of the less desirable SA’s first, that could bump me up the waiting list. I suggested that we could perhaps do a “bundle” with me, her and the less desirable SA. And that was when she called security.
Rough, you had to bundle the security guard too.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 10:18 AM   #60
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Secondary market pricing is a bargain compared to the cost of a divorce!!!
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote