The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 July 2021, 03:39 AM   #1
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

NTTD on small wrist? Wtf

I have a 6.5 wrist and was looking to purchase the NTTD piece. Went in and tried it on and was appalled at how the bracelet fit. Huge gaps on the side and huge bunch at the clasp. I couldn't believe that omega actually released a bracelet like this.

Then I found out about the smaller strap that was available. So I asked my OB to order the strap and put the watch on hold. They got it in yesterday so I went in fully prepared to purchase it. it STILL was odd fitting and couldn't get a comfortable fit. one hole was too loose and the next too tight. Even my sales girl said it looked tight and uncomfortable.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this just not for small wrists or for people who DGAF?

Can anyone chime in with pics or advice or should I just pass.

these are pics on the tighter setting, that left a red mark within 5 min of wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nokaoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 05:15 AM   #2
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

That's a bummer. In general I really like how Omega does their deployants and the exact style you have works well with leather or rubber, IF the existing holes are right for your wrist. On my PO Chrono I got lucky with the rubber strap. One hole is just right for cool weather, the other is just right for hot days when my wrist swells.

On my Speedmaster, I unfortunately got a regular lenght strap instead of a short strap shipped to my home, so I didn't get to try it out before buying. One hole is way too tight, the other too loose. I actually bought a leather punch to get it sized right. This worked okay, but the tail from the 6:00 side is too long and doesn't sit well, wrapping all the way to the edge of my wrist. This makes the watch constantly try to twist

Overall I like Omega deployants better than most, as the metal of the deployant doesn't sit against the skin. I wore my buddy's AP ROO around for a few days and I absolutely hated the older style deployant on the hornback strap.

Hopefully you find another alternative that works better for you
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 05:42 AM   #3
Trog
Banned

Get yourself a STAIB. Infinitely superior to Omega and no gaps.

See post #40 in this thread:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ighlight=staib
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STAIB_007r.jpg (259.8 KB, 1109 views)
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 05:56 AM   #4
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Go with the nato version. That bracelet is a deal killer regardless of wrist size.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 08:44 AM   #5
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
When new it's quite stiff. This doesn't allow it to suit like a normal bracelet. More comparable would be a brand new alligator with deployant. It loosens up with wear and become very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 08:47 AM   #6
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
When new it's quite stiff. This doesn't allow it to suit like a normal bracelet. More comparable would be a brand new alligator with deployant. It loosens up with wear and become very comfortable.

See now that’s interesting. I asked the boutique about this exact thing and posted on omegaforums asking owners and nobody had a clue. How much wearing time did it take you for it to loosen up?

Old 12 July 2021, 09:00 AM   #7
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
NTTD on small wrist? Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokaoi1 View Post
See now that’s interesting. I asked the boutique about this exact thing and posted on omegaforums asking owners and nobody had a clue. How much wearing time did it take you for it to loosen up?

I've read lots of posts about how thick it is at the deployant but it shouldn't be compared to a standard metal bracelet. Compare it to a alligator strap with similar deployant and you'll find its the same as that. I liked it from the start so it was never an issue. It happens slowly like a larger strap. It takes wear. Bit too long though.

watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 09:03 AM   #8
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
I've read lots of posts about how thick it is at the deployant but it shouldn't be compared to a standard metal bracelet. Compare it to a larger strap with similar deployant and you'll find its the same as that. I liked it from the start so it was never an issue. It happens slowly like a larger strap. It takes wear. Bit too long though.

ahh gotcha. Yes that’s I waited for the shorter strap…I actually changed my mind and picked it up today!

Old 12 July 2021, 09:53 AM   #9
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats I love the watch myself and I'm wearing it on a short milanese with small wrist similar to yours. I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable or sleekest deployant but it completes the look and in general very well made watch in my eyes. Enjoy in good health.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 09:54 AM   #10
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Congrats I love the watch myself and I'm wearing it on a short milanese with small wrist similar to yours. I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable or sleekest deployant but it completes the look and in general very well made watch in my eyes. Enjoy in good health.

Thank you! Did you get the factory short version or aftermarket?

Old 12 July 2021, 10:19 AM   #11
WatchLuxe
"TRF" Member

I love the look of the bracelet, that is, as long as it fits well
WatchLuxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 10:55 AM   #12
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you! Did you get the factory short version or aftermarket?

Factory. The boutique replaced mine and the deployant itself I believe with the revision that improved the structure of the bracelet.
Old 12 July 2021, 10:59 AM   #13
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Factory. The boutique replaced mine and the deployant itself I believe with the revision that improved the structure of the bracelet.

Just curious, what hole do you wear yours in? I'm at 4th hole for tight and 5th for looser. Only issue I'm seeing is on the 4th hole (from 6 oclock) when you undo the the clasp the end of the bracelet rubs the curve of the deployant.

Old 12 July 2021, 11:30 AM   #14
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Congrats! I'm glad you ended up going ahead with this. If all else fails you've got some great recommendations here. Many options out there with regards to straps. Enjoy in good health!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 12:02 PM   #15
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Congrats - looks great
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 08:59 AM   #16
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just curious, what hole do you wear yours in? I'm at 4th hole for tight and 5th for looser. Only issue I'm seeing is on the 4th hole (from 6 oclock) when you undo the the clasp the end of the bracelet rubs the curve of the deployant.

I wear it on the 4th hole as you describe. I see the issue as well .. But it doesn't bother me.
Old 14 July 2021, 09:12 AM   #17
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Still looks good IMO
Old 8 September 2021, 09:21 AM   #18
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC IW389001
A bracelet like this wears differently to a bracelet of links. If it isn't snug it will feel a tiny bit loser than links at teh same size. The gap between holes is a non issue for me. I can wear either hole, snug or not and it's fine.

But remember, this is a light weight titanium piece. It doesn't feel like it is flopping around oddly on your wrist. It just slides a little as you move, and once you're used to it, it feels natural. This is not a seadweller.
jagwap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 11:08 AM   #19
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch. Hopefully you enjoy it.
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 06:56 PM   #20
FrenchBigCrown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
ahh gotcha. Yes that’s I waited for the shorter strap…I actually changed my mind and picked it up today!

Health to enjoy!
FrenchBigCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 09:03 PM   #21
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 09:38 AM   #22
SadaBanda
"TRF" Member

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here floridaloteryresults .com
SadaBanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 12:12 PM   #23
Mikegp
"TRF" Member

Got mine a week ago. Tried it last year when it came out but as you said the long bracelet looked ridiculous on my wrist. My AD order the short ones and decided to try it again and the fit is perfect. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mikegp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 08:56 PM   #24
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 09:27 PM   #25
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

The more I've seen this watch the more I like it.

It looks great on you guys. Anyone put it on a nato? I think a light beige would look great.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 10:57 PM   #26
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

I despise Milanaise bracelets. All of them. But if I had to wear one, it would be on this watch, and the OEM one looks pretty good in the scheme of Milanaise...but I would probably put that watch on OEM rubber right away.
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 11:11 PM   #27
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxwatch View Post
I despise Milanaise bracelets. All of them. But if I had to wear one, it would be on this watch, and the OEM one looks pretty good in the scheme of Milanaise...but I would probably put that watch on OEM rubber right away.

Would be amazing except the lug holes must be different as the normal smp300 model rubber won’t work, I tried this with OB already
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 11:15 PM   #28
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Would be amazing except the lug holes must be different as the normal smp300 model rubber won’t work, I tried this with OB already
That is unfortunate. So there are zero OEM strap options other than the Milanaise?
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 11:20 AM   #29
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

I have seen the oem rubber mounted on this watch. On this forum or omega forum a member posted photos of it all put together. He had the deployant clasp version of the oem rubber and commented that it required some curved springbars and some persuasion if I’m remembering correctly.

It can be done! What a combo that must be. I have tried this watch on and love it on the Milanese, I can imagine it’s almost weightless on the rubber
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 03:21 PM   #30
Lew Archer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxwatch View Post
That is unfortunate. So there are zero OEM strap options other than the Milanaise?

There’s always the NATO
Lew Archer is offline   Reply With Quote