The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 November 2021, 09:03 AM   #1
jonnythrust
"TRF" Member

Christopher Ward

Does anyone have any experience of Christopher Ward?

I quite fancy one of these -
https://www.christopherward.com/dive...T0BG0-HBO.html

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
jonnythrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 09:08 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

The lume looks cool!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 09:20 AM   #3
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I’ve been curious about them as well. They have some cool looking watches.
Old 9 November 2021, 10:17 AM   #4
It's Hedley
"TRF" Member

I own a CW Trident C60 GMT and it is a great watch for the price. I have to believe the C60 Concept is a great watch as well, it has the CW SH21 in house movement, which I understand is quite good. My CW is not the SH21 movement, so I cannot speak to its reliability.

My CW...

IMG_7417.jpeg
It's Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 10:18 AM   #5
TimeLord2

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
They are quite nice. I was looking at the GMT versions but one thing that bothers me is the trident seconds hand. I just think it's stupid… Why can't that just be their logo on the face of the dial?
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 11:04 AM   #6
rlj676
"TRF" Member

I agree. Really nice look and seems like a nice skeleton. Love the lume and 120 hr reserve.

At 4K+ it’s a lot for a CW, but I guess that is like buying a perpetual calendar IWC for 50k.
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 11:22 AM   #7
TimeLord2

@It's Hedley, Apologies… I see we were posting about the same time. I think perhaps stupid was a poor choice of wording on my part. I do like that watch and have seen it in the flesh. It does look great but the trident gives me pause. It's always some tiny design element that influences decisions. The White GMT version is interesting too but the colors give it a somewhat homage appearance.

I have seen the write up for the C60 Concept and that arrow at the 12:00 marker is a solid 3D piece of lume material. The watch itself is quite interesting but hard to read, IMHO. Still, quite an interesting design. Definitely better on a steel bracelet, which is an option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrisWard.JPG (50.2 KB, 523 views)
Old 9 November 2021, 11:33 AM   #8
GolfJunkie
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 252
I’ve been really impressed with my C65 super compressor. Such a great watch for the price and the bracelet really surprised me. Great build quality, has quick release spring bars and both the steel bracelet and rubber strap so changing them takes a minute without any tools. And the fact that a company can incorporate a tool less micro adjust on a watch at this price point makes me questions why a brand like Tudor doesn’t do it on all their black bay models.

I like the C65 so much i pre ordered the C63 sea lander GMT with green dial. Really excited for that to show up!

I really like the looks of that C60 concept but the height, at almost 16mm, is a deal breaker for me.

Old 9 November 2021, 11:43 AM   #9
It's Hedley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
@It's Hedley, Apologies… I see we were posting about the same time. I think perhaps stupid was a poor choice of wording on my part. I do like that watch and have seen it in the flesh. It does look great but the trident gives me pause. It's always some tiny design element that influences decisions. The White GMT version is interesting too but the colors give it a somewhat homage appearance.

I have seen the write up for the C60 Concept and that arrow at the 12:00 marker is a solid 3D piece of lume material. The watch itself is quite interesting but hard to read, IMHO. Still, quite an interesting design. Definitely better on a steel bracelet, which is an option.
It takes a lot more than a diss about a feature on my watch to get to me, but thanks for clarifying.

It is a funny thing about personal tastes, we all see things differently. I happen to LOVE the trident counter balance on the second hand with the smaller circle opposite. It is one of the things that I like about my watch. It makes it quite easy to distinguish from other brands. The quality of the CW is truly excellent. I recently purchased an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean GMT and the bezel is just awful compared to my CW Trident or Submariner watches.

Like many others, I think Christopher Ward could use to pick one logo and stick with it. I personally like their twin flag logo. The quality and build of the watch should not be in question.
It's Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 01:08 PM   #10
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post

I like this a lot and would love to see in person.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 01:33 PM   #11
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I had a first gen c60 trident that I sold. Really enjoyed it. Looking to pick up the new version for a daily dive watch. They just released a new carbon fiber watch that’s very intriguing as well
Ghost410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2021, 05:06 AM   #12
TimeLord2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
I like this a lot and would love to see in person.
It's posted on their site, here you go:
https://www.christopherward.com/int/...he-c60-concept

Yes, the build quality of CW is excellent I do agree!
Old 10 November 2021, 09:55 AM   #13
Sjmoore11

Watch: Exp II - old & new
I picked up their limited edition Divetimer in the summer; nice fun, colourful watch!

I certainly think they are very well made for the price. The bracelet is possibly the best I’ve owned at any level with a great tool less micro adjust clasp. I will likely pick up a Sealander GMT at some point.

As for the new Concept…I love it! Only the price and thickness are holding me back.
Sjmoore11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2021, 07:16 PM   #14
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I’m tempted to buy a white dial C63 Sealander. I want a white dial watch. It looks great, and it’s so cheap, I feel like it’s a no brainer to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 02:49 PM   #15
Jackie Daytona

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJunkie View Post
I’ve been really impressed with my C65 super compressor. Such a great watch for the price and the bracelet really surprised me. Great build quality, has quick release spring bars and both the steel bracelet and rubber strap so changing them takes a minute without any tools. And the fact that a company can incorporate a tool less micro adjust on a watch at this price point makes me questions why a brand like Tudor doesn’t do it on all their black bay models.

I like the C65 so much i pre ordered the C63 sea lander GMT with green dial. Really excited for that to show up!

I really like the looks of that C60 concept but the height, at almost 16mm, is a deal breaker for me.

I really like and have been looking at that one as well. It has such a cool Exploreresque vibe (perhaps even more so to a degree) at a great price point. You will have to let us know how that is once it comes in please.
Old 12 November 2021, 01:38 AM   #16
GolfJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontknow View Post
I really like and have been looking at that one as well. It has such a cool Exploreresque vibe (perhaps even more so to a degree) at a great price point. You will have to let us know how that is once it comes in please.
I certainly will
Old 12 November 2021, 10:15 AM   #17
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

I'm a big fan of Christopher Ward and have owned/reviewed at least 8 of them this past year. Their build quality, finishing and value is impossible to beat.

I fell in love with the C60 Concept and decided to get one. I ordered one on bracelet and I believe mine ships out sometime next week!

This review just came out today of the Concept and it has me even more excited:

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 10:29 AM   #18
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJunkie View Post

I've been wanting to pick one of these up as a fun beach / travel watch, looks great!
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 11:42 AM   #19
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
This review just came out today of the Concept and it has me even more excited:

(Humor) Don't be posting videos like this!!!

It forces me to resist 'the urge' in getting one. Especially as orange is my fave color.

Mods need to close this thread asap... for my wallet's sake!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12 November 2021, 12:08 PM   #20
GolfJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmanproject View Post
I've been wanting to pick one of these up as a fun beach / travel watch, looks great!
Thank you.

I would recommend it. Great watch at a great price
Old 12 November 2021, 12:10 PM   #21
GeoffEff
"TRF" Member

I owned a Trident roughly 5 years ago. They make great pieces, highly recommend.

Explorer 39mm 214270 --- Sub 41mm 124060 —-
GeoffEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 04:26 AM   #22
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Bringing up a slightly older thread with the last post slightly over six month old but the watches are pretty interesting. I'm expecting one this month. I'm hoping it will make a great beach watch. It's a C65 Bronze COSC with a domed sapphire crystal and bezel.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 04:46 AM   #23
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

200m WP and bronze will make an epic beach timepiece. Look fwd to wrist shots.

Old 20 May 2022, 02:22 AM   #24
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Bringing up a slightly older thread with the last post slightly over six month old but the watches are pretty interesting. I'm expecting one this month. I'm hoping it will make a great beach watch. It's a C65 Bronze COSC with a domed sapphire crystal and bezel.

Can’t wait to see it on the wrist Lee. Patina will be interesting as well…I’ve had my eye on a CW for awhile now so I’ll be following
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2022, 02:31 AM   #25
PugetSounder
"TRF" Member

Just ordered my first CW as a gift for my son. The C65 Aquitaine GMT in Orca Black. Looks like a great travel watch.
PugetSounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2022, 04:20 AM   #26
FrenchBigCrown
"TRF" Member

I realise it's not a 'diver' or 'GMT' (as above) but I've owned a CW Worldtimer for some time now.

Really pleased with it - nicely finished watch for the price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4241.jpg (266.0 KB, 156 views)
FrenchBigCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2022, 08:44 PM   #27
Oldwoods
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontknow View Post
I just picked up this one on the bracelet and I’m impressed by the quality at the price point. It does have a certain Explorer vibe to it.

Last edited by Oldwoods; 29 August 2022 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Oldwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2022, 08:52 PM   #28
Oldwoods
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Hulk

The C63 Sealander gmt that I picked up today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk