The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 May 2022, 11:44 PM   #31
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 41 Date
Received an email from Rolex this morning. Going to do a complete overhaul on the movement. Expected time to complete is 7 weeks, and they will Fed Ex overnight when it is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 11:48 PM   #32
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
Received an email from Rolex this morning. Going to do a complete overhaul on the movement. Expected time to complete is 7 weeks, and they will Fed Ex overnight when it is done.

Thanks for the update. Good luck!
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2022, 01:28 AM   #33
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
I got my estimate from the Long Island City RSC early last week for full movement service and light polish on my 16710 GMT II. They estimated eight weeks turnaround.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 04:14 AM   #34
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
Nope no word. I have been trying to stay out of their hair, don't want to be a bothersome customer.
But I did just now email my SA to see if she could obtain a status update for me, I'll report back.
Not certain where it went either. One SA told me it'd go to Dallas, the other said PA.

Update - they check in with the factory and they're doing a full service on the movement without refinishing and they expect it will be finished in 2-3 weeks. That would put us just about spot on to the original 16 week estimate. Painful but I can't wait to have it back for hopefully a decade of troublefree use.
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 05:15 AM   #35
turboawd
"TRF" Member

Here's my recent experience with turnaroudn time at Rolex RSC Toronto:
-dropped off Apr 13 this year, was quoted 8 weeks time for complete overall of the mov't
-watch was ready on May 4th , a 3 week turnaround
turboawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 12:47 PM   #36
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update - they check in with the factory and they're doing a full service on the movement without refinishing and they expect it will be finished in 2-3 weeks. That would put us just about spot on to the original 16 week estimate. Painful but I can't wait to have it back for hopefully a decade of troublefree use.
Update to my update:

It's back on my wrist!!! The AD called and told me to come pick it up, guess the original email was relayed about a week late.
Service center was New York. Daytona 116500LN Shipped in for warranty repair (running 5 min slow per day). Dropped off with AD for them to ship for me Feb 1. Picked up from AD May 17. Rolex shipped it back to my AD with some sort of overnight service since their paperwork was dated 5/16 (yesterday).
Thrilled to have it back on the wrist.
Old 19 May 2022, 06:45 AM   #37
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
Here's my recent experience with turnaroudn time at Rolex RSC Toronto:
-dropped off Apr 13 this year, was quoted 8 weeks time for complete overall of the mov't
-watch was ready on May 4th , a 3 week turnaround

Wow! That was quick!

Quote:
Update to my update:

It's back on my wrist!!! The AD called and told me to come pick it up, guess the original email was relayed about a week late.

Service center was New York. Daytona 116500LN Shipped in for warranty repair (running 5 min slow per day). Dropped off with AD for them to ship for me Feb 1. Picked up from AD May 17. Rolex shipped it back to my AD with some sort of overnight service since their paperwork was dated 5/16 (yesterday).

Thrilled to have it back on the wrist.

This is great news!!! RSC must be catching up.
I’m at the 5 weeks left to go countdown on their estimate. I hope I could get similar results. Everything checked out ok so far? Came back the same condition you sent it, and issue fixed?

Old 19 May 2022, 07:03 AM   #38
Guybrush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118209
Just dropped off a watch today at an AD with on-site service; was told they might hand in house or send to RSC in PA—just depends on how backed up they are. Either way, was quoted 10 days or so to get the estimate, and then 10 weeks after that for the service.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2022, 09:35 PM   #39
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow! That was quick!

This is great news!!! RSC must be catching up.
I’m at the 5 weeks left to go countdown on their estimate. I hope I could get similar results. Everything checked out ok so far? Came back the same condition you sent it, and issue fixed?

Physical condition looks the same including under the loupe I was worried I'd find smudges etc but nope.
I sent it in running 5 min slow per day, it came back 4-5second fast per day. A tiny bit of minor disappointment there but I'll take it.
Old 24 May 2022, 12:46 PM   #40
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Physical condition looks the same including under the loupe I was worried I'd find smudges etc but nope.
I sent it in running 5 min slow per day, it came back 4-5second fast per day. A tiny bit of minor disappointment there but I'll take it.
Uh oh.... Well I spoke too soon. I noticed just today that they put the dang hands on misaligned!!!
The minute and hour hand are offset! So when it reaches a new hour, the minute hand is about 15 minute late from reaching the 60 min mark.

Honestly don't know what to do at this point. Live with it? Or send it back in for another 4 months?
Old 24 May 2022, 01:09 PM   #41
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Quote:
Uh oh.... Well I spoke too soon. I noticed just today that they put the dang hands on misaligned!!!
The minute and hour hand are offset! So when it reaches a new hour, the minute hand is about 15 minute late from reaching the 60 min mark.

Honestly don't know what to do at this point. Live with it? Or send it back in for another 4 months?
JEEZ!!! That is mind blowingly sloppy work! I'd be pissed and call them up and see what they could do in a short time frame. Really no excuse.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 02:42 PM   #42
turboawd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Definitely you can’t let something like that go and just live with it… they should put you at the front of the line and rectify this…

turboawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 02:53 PM   #43
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
RSC ...not for Horologists in a Hurry.

Patience
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 07:08 PM   #44
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Call Zimmermans in York PA
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 07:41 PM   #45
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufinz52 View Post
I recently sent my Sub to the RSC in Dallas. The turn around was 8 weeks. Google Rolex Service Center, Dallas, TX and give them a call. They'll send you instructions on how to send the watch to them. Don't go through an AD, just do it yourself. They are great to work with. PM me if you have questions.
Pre-Covid Dallas was 4-5 weeks, depending on holidays. Interesting that they're still not back to "normal" after all this time.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 07:47 PM   #46
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:

That alignment is too far off to be acceptable.

I’d send it back to be fixed and have them also regulate it at the same time.

I’m sure you could jump the queue under the circumstances.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 07:03 AM   #47
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’d send it back, if you’re anything like me, it’s one of those things that will bug you every time you look at it coming up to the hour.

I don’t understand that lack of attention to detail in the NY RSC.

Old 25 May 2022, 07:11 AM   #48
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Just called for a status on my Sub. Service said it’s in the final stages of Quality Control, checking water resistance and timing. She said this final stage typically takes up to 2 weeks and then they ship it back. I mentioned a wedding I’m attending, she told me to call at the end of the week, they could potentially expedite. So potentially could be ready 2 weeks earlier than projected.

Old 25 May 2022, 11:27 AM   #49
Harvie
Banned

Watch: Yes
Call Dallas SC ask to speak to J. Garcia.
She will take care of this massive screw up
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:15 PM   #50
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Hey all, brought my Sub date to my watchmaker to put on the timegrapher as it’s been getting slower over the year I’ve had it from -1-2 spd, now 3-5 spd. The watchmaker said the Amplitude is much lower than it should, below 200, and he encouraged me to bring it back to my AD and have them send it out for service, he said Rolex has made some updates to the 3235 movement.

Called my AD to see what I need to bring in with the watch, he was saying turnaround time is 16-20 Weeks. I was assuming 6-8 weeks. I asked if they’d be able to send it to Dallas, he said they send it to a Rolex Service Center in South NJ (I’m in NJ) I’ve never heard of it.

Is this a crazy turnaround? Anybody with experience with this RSC?

TIA

If the watch still covered by warranty it will be expedited.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 02:16 AM   #51
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Just got a call from Rolex looking to verify my address. Watch service is complete, she said they are completing the final paperwork and boxing it up getting it ready to ship. Should have it next week. I’ll post if I hear anything else and when I get it.

Old 28 May 2022, 04:05 AM   #52
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Interestingly received another email from Rolex this morning saying the service is complete, and to confirm my address. I replied to the email called them to confirm they did have my address which they did.
Because of the holiday weekend, the customer service guy told me they will be shipping Tuesday overnight to deliver Wednesday.

Old 1 June 2022, 12:56 AM   #53
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Received the Sub back this morning.

The paperwork showed the service executed was “check movement.”

I’ll check timing over the next couple days to see how they regulated it, and bringing to my watchmaker this week to check the amplitude.

One strange thing that happened was as I was setting the time and date, when I was setting the time, the date got stuck between the 31 and 1. I cycled through the date, stopped it at 30, moved the time to set the date for am, it completely skipped the 31 and set it to 1. Cycled through the date again, took it to 29, moved the time to change the date through, it jammed up again on the 31, it corrected itself at 6:00. I cycled through again after that and everything worked as it should. Crossing fingers it was an oddity. I’m hoping something didn’t mess up with the date wheel as I’d really not want to send it back again. I’ll update during the week with results.

Old 1 June 2022, 01:10 AM   #54
OpusXIII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy, Hulk, DJ
I think that when folks send their watches in for service, that they shouldn't be bothering them. It'll be ready when it's ready. Asking for too many updates, telling them 'you need it by xyz date for xyz event, having them expedite things........only muddies the water. If you make folks rush things, mistakes/oversights tend to happen. Just let them do their job and you'll get it when you get it.
Old 1 June 2022, 02:40 AM   #55
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusXIII View Post
I think that when folks send their watches in for service, that they shouldn't be bothering them. It'll be ready when it's ready. Asking for too many updates, telling them 'you need it by xyz date for xyz event, having them expedite things........only muddies the water. If you make folks rush things, mistakes/oversights tend to happen. Just let them do their job and you'll get it when you get it.

I hear you. In this case, the service was complete, just awaiting boxing and shipping, so I asked them if they could expedite and they accommodated.

Messing with the date a little more, set it to just before 12 on the 30, the date changed fine. I’m guessing it just had been an oddity. If it turns to the first tonight at midnight I’ll chalk it up to that.
Everything else has been as expected. Physically everything is the same, hands align as they should, no other issues, just hoping the timing and amplitude are where they should be.

Old 3 June 2022, 11:37 AM   #56
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

With, the date change is still messed up. The rep told me she wants me to send it back, and I’m not interested in sending it back out across the country and waiting a few months to get it back. They emailed me weeks ago that it was in quality control, for me to get it back with another problem is ridiculous. Same with the other poster with the hand alignment.

I told them I’d prefer to bring it to the boutique that’s a 45 minute drive, and have the Rolex certified tech that works with Rolex equipment, has access to Rolex authentic parts, and trained by Rolex in Switzerland with a much quicker turnaround time then an RSC. The RSC’s are admittedly backlogged, them telling me I can’t bring it to a boutique for warranty service makes no sense. I’ll pay for the service at the boutique if they’ll let me before I’d send it back to RSC. I don’t trust them.

Old 3 June 2022, 12:23 PM   #57
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
In another thread we were musing what could knock Rolex off the podium, put a dent in the crown. If after sales support falls to sh*t that sure could. Stories like multi-month turn around times and returns with new issues make the rounds 1000x more than decent service with a decent turn-around time.

One of the reasons I went with Rolex was their worldwide service network focused on their brand. Perhaps that matters less to the new batch of fans though.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 07:29 PM   #58
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
it's Rolex way or nothing
George58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 10:15 PM   #59
77T

Quote:
With, the date change is still messed up. The rep told me she wants me to send it back, and I’m not interested in sending it back out across the country and waiting a few months to get it back. They emailed me weeks ago that it was in quality control, for me to get it back with another problem is ridiculous. Same with the other poster with the hand alignment.

I told them I’d prefer to bring it to the boutique that’s a 45 minute drive, and have the Rolex certified tech that works with Rolex equipment, has access to Rolex authentic parts, and trained by Rolex in Switzerland with a much quicker turnaround time then an RSC. The RSC’s are admittedly backlogged, them telling me I can’t bring it to a boutique for warranty service makes no sense. I’ll pay for the service at the boutique if they’ll let me before I’d send it back to RSC. I don’t trust them.

I’ve followed your journey and I understand your reluctance - but a boutique has less equipment than a full service center like Dallas, Long Island or Lititz.

Also, the watchmaker will be partially disassembling the movement to diagnose the date change symptom you’ve reported. He will have less time than the RSC and no access to an upper level master watchmaker.

In making choices based of risk of a hairline or another flaw - the risk is higher at a boutique than any RSC (as a percentage of the volume).

If you call Rolex USA HQ, their advice is going to be: 1) Return it to Dallas, or 2) Send it to NY for eval and a warranty service.

You could ask for RUSA to send it to the Technicum in Lititz - it’s like a teaching hospital - the best of the best.

But I’d steer clear of any boutique for your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2022, 01:34 AM   #60
DougFNJ
"TRF" Member

Wanted to give an update to how this all worked out. Rolex did approve me bringing it to the Boutique. When speaking with the store director, we agreed that we will let him open it up and see if its a simple fix. If it was not, they would send it back down to Dallas. When I had dropped it off, the manager had seen the problem. The watchmaker wanted to duplicate the problem before he opened it.He went through all dates 60 times from the first click, and 30 times through the second click and could not duplicate the issue. He said they use lubricant in that area, and typically roll through the date so many times on the service which disperses the lubricant. His guess was that they hadn't cycled through enough times. He continued to try to duplicate it, the director also tried to duplicate it, and it appears after all of us continually cycled through the dates, it likely dispersed the lubricant which ultimately fixed it. He ultimately did not open it up. I picked up the watch yesterday, went through all the dates myself on first and second click, it hasn't happened again, but they of course said if it does happen, I could bring the watch back.

So in the end, I feel RSC did the right thing. They didn't force me to ship it back, they allowed me to try the Boutique first. They did ship me a Fed Ex overnight shipping box, they also included a leather travel pouch in addition to the suede travel pouch.The Boutique wasn't quick to jump in and open the watch, the watchmaker wanted to do it as a last resort. He double checked the timing and amplitude and said the timing is spot on, and amplitude is normal he feels RSC fixed the initial issue I was having.