The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 26 March 2022, 11:20 PM   #1
paxjedi
"TRF" Member

Rolex General Discussion Forum format needs to change!

With all due respects to the moderators of TRF, I really believe the GENERAL ROLEX DISCUSSION Forum and format needs to change. About 85% of the discussion in the entire website sits there and it has become a hodge-podge of topics with no reasonable rhyme or reason. Frankly speaking. The format sucks. (Sorry)

I belong to many other internet forums for my hobbies and interests (cars, bikes, guitars, cameras, sports, etc.) and their forum topics are much better organized into many salient sub topics. For instance, in the BMW and Mercedes Forums, their sub topics are divided into specific car models and years making it easy to navigate and search topics and actually get the latest forum posts. For cameras (DPReview), its the same thing.

Here at the TRF, however, the General Discussion is just way "too general". In my opinion it should be sub-divided either into specific models (Daytona, GMT, Sub, etc.) or specific topics (market rumors, etc.). The entire AD related posts belong to specifically ADs. Daytona's can have their own subforum and Incomings can have their own subforums as well. Heck the BaselWorld deserves its own sub-forum.

Each time, I log into the TRF, I have had to scroll through the general topic titles to determine those that are worth reading from those that are just questions that have been discussed five hundred times before.

I emailed the Admins / Moderators about this suggestion and never heard from them.

ADMINS! I know you are busy with your day jobs but you know that this place needs a major restructuring in terms of topics.

Rant over.

Old 26 March 2022, 11:25 PM   #2
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
It is after all a watch forum. All the other subjects although that's what I spend more time on myself have nothing to do with watches.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 11:28 PM   #3
harvey
"TRF" Member

…I don’t think much of the rant. This should go well for you.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2022, 03:38 AM   #4
Rad22
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust 41
I agree. The format seems really dated. I am part of multiple other forums that have all been updated in the last couple years. Also think it’s odd that there are no notifications or likes…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126710 BLRO
326934 Blue
Rad22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2022, 10:27 AM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I disagree. I don’t favor a dozen forums when I can quickly jump into Rolex general and scroll for 30 seconds and I’m done.

I do think we could use a section specific to purchasing/price discussion.
Old 20 April 2022, 10:14 AM   #6
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
General discussion is exactly that; frankly, I appreciate the variety of subjects in that subforum.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote