The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 17 May 2022, 03:42 AM   #1
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
Omega, quo vadis?

Some time ago my friend informed me that a beautiful novelty appeared in the Omega boutique - CK859. I liked this model very much and decided to go hunting for it. Quite soon one piece appeared in Jubitom (AD Omega). I tried it on and .... I still liked it. I started to think more and more about the purchase. Unfortunately, this model, despite the fact that it is not limited but only numbered, is low-discounted by AD, and the proposed $ 400 discount did not satisfy me. I have a dozen or so thousand raven points, so I made a call to this AD. I was lucky because they got a fresh delivery of 2. I drove over to see them. I didn't find my favorite salesperson who always serves me, so I "just" tried the watch on and talked to the staff for a while. During the conversation, it turned out that one of the customers had put the art aside, came to pick it up, checked the watch and gave up the purchase at the last minute. I made a note of this in my head. Today, after talking to another colleague from our Forum, I decided to buy this Omega! A 20% discount on points gives you a pretty decent price. I pulled up, talked to my favorite salesperson, and started closing the deal. I remembered a lesson from Marcin, who showed me four years ago how to check the correct placement of the tips. And here I come to the heart of the matter. This Omega allows the hour hand to jump like a GMT watch when the crown is pulled out for the first time. In the second, we turn on the stop-second and we can set the exact hour. I noticed that the hour hand has "a lot of slack" when moving the crown forward / backward. First, I set all the tips to 12 o'clock and everything looked ok, because the minute hand covered the tip of the hour hand. Then I drove to 3 o'clock, and here the hour hand was not on the index axis when the minute hand was at 12 o'clock. The whole truth came out when I switched the time to 6 o'clock. And here's a shock! The hour hand was aligned with the 6-hour axis of the small minute subdial, and the longer minute hand was two and a half minutes early. I put the crown in once to twist the hourly jump, because maybe it jumped wrong. None of these things. The hands were definitely not seated properly. We checked the second watch, brand new, still in foil. In the latter it was a bit better, here the hour hand was ahead of the minute hand by about 2 minutes.

Well, time is gone! Some of you know me and know that I am a difficult patient. I went home hungry because without a new watch. There is also a third play in Jubitom, but I don't know if I want to watch it even more as it is 1.2k $ more expensive.

That is all I have to say on this matter today.
Old 17 May 2022, 04:53 AM   #2
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Nice Omega, bad QC, spot on.
It can easily be fixed by any watch service but definitely should not be on a new watch from Omega.
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2022, 06:05 PM   #3
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllexandru View Post
Nice Omega, bad QC, spot on.
It can easily be fixed by any watch service but definitely should not be on a new watch from Omega.

Of course it can be easily corrected, but you have to open a new watch in order to insert the hands correctly. And I don't think anyone likes to do that with a new watch! The worst part is that both plays had the same error.
Old 17 May 2022, 09:12 PM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’m afraid to try this on mine now
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2022, 09:35 PM   #5
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I’m afraid to try this on mine now
Hehehe, you better not do it. Because when you see it, you will dream at night.
Old 17 May 2022, 10:48 PM   #6
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1971 View Post
Hehehe, you better not do it. Because when you see it, you will dream at night.

Ignorance is bliss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote