The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 May 2022, 12:22 AM   #1
Carondelet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, 116900
That's A Whole Lotta Chocolate!

This is an incoming post - one late incoming and one fresh.

I got the call for the CHNR back in November of 2021, and have been adoring it ever since. I never posted an incoming about it, guess I just didn't get around to it. Just as well though, as I now have a double incoming to share.

We know the CHNR well, its a stunning piece that I find myself just staring at while it's on my wrist. It's been on a number of trips with me so far and it's been a great conversation starter.

While on travel this past weekend (and wearing my CHNR) I happened to come across a Tudor Black Bay 58 in bronze at the Tudor boutique. I'm a lover of bronze and Tudor really did something special with this watch. The case, the dial, the bracelet material, all fantastic, but the pièce de résistance is the new T-fit clasp.

I don't have experience with a glidelock clasp; I imagine that the T-fit offers similar functionality in a smaller package. I enjoy it more than I do the clasps on the 116900 Air King or the CHNR. I do not like the aesthetics of the rivet-style bracelet. I will say however that I don't notice the faux-rivets while wearing it, and as the bracelet patinas the faux-rivets look better. Great of Tudor to also provide the gorgeous brown NATO strap as well.

I'm very happy with both of them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_20220523_181054_Bokeh_TRF_Size.jpeg (230.2 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_20220523_172143__01_TRF_Size.jpeg (255.8 KB, 408 views)
Old 25 May 2022, 12:30 AM   #2
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Awesome.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 12:42 AM   #3
BigTasty
"TRF" Member

Congrats, great pair!
BigTasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 01:33 AM   #4
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Nice set of watches.

If you have a chance to post your experiences with the bronze (patina, smells, etc.) in a few months time, that would be cool.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:31 AM   #5
Langer88
"TRF" Member

Nice pairing!
Langer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2022, 02:51 AM   #6
Carondelet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, 116900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Nice set of watches.

If you have a chance to post your experiences with the bronze (patina, smells, etc.) in a few months time, that would be cool.
Absolutely! I can speak to patina and smells now and I'll update in a few months.

Patina has already started, I've worn it every day since picking it up, so only about 4 days or so, and it's starting to take on that deep rich look.

It does smell like bronze but you have to get your nose close to it to smell it.

I did experience some wrist discoloration from the bracelet when I wore it outside on a very hot and humid day, all day, with sunscreen. It seriously wasn't bad, and it washed right off of both the watch and my wrist, without the need to scrub. I've jogged with it also, sweat did not seem to have the same effect and have had no discoloration without the addition of something like sunblock.