The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 26 March 2019, 02:59 AM   #61
kitsgq
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippie123 View Post
Some AD are just full of bs. Just went to Wempe Munich to ask if i am able to get on their waitlist on 5231j. The sales rep just went on saying it’s hard to get and all, I then ask him to confirm on the model number just to be sure we are talking on the same watch and he went like “I don’t know” and not even bother to check.
I hear you. ADs have become way too complacent in this market. This short term thinking is very unfortunate.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
kitsgq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 03:03 AM   #62
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Some AD are just full of bs. Just went to Wempe Munich to ask if i am able to get on their waitlist on 5231j. The sales rep just went on saying it’s hard to get and all, I then ask him to confirm on the model number just to be sure we are talking on the same watch and he went like “I don’t know” and not even bother to check.
Your location shows as Malaysia? I am sure they will be concentrating on the local market for application pieces.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 03:15 AM   #63
yippie123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Your location shows as Malaysia? I am sure they will be concentrating on the local market for application pieces.
I travel to Munich like maybe bi-monthly, and hv previous purchase history from them and various wempe across eu.
Put that aside, I will just laughed and walk off from a sales rep that shows no interest into serving any walk-in
yippie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 04:27 AM   #64
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I travel to Munich like maybe bi-monthly, and hv previous purchase history from them and various wempe across eu.
Put that aside, I will just laughed and walk off from a sales rep that shows no interest into serving any walk-in
Just too much money in town... Prefer the small town AD where I grew up to both Wempe and Bucherer in Munich. The Patek Service Center here is very helpful though.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 07:04 AM   #65
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Just too much money in town... Prefer the small town AD where I grew up to both Wempe and Bucherer in Munich. The Patek Service Center here is very helpful though.

My AD is a nice family biz in Europe ,last time he brought me watches to try all were labeled with post it notes written in capitals

DON T SHOW TOURISTS!!!!

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:18 AM   #66
yippie123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
My AD is a nice family biz in Europe ,last time he brought me watches to try all were labeled with post it notes written in capitals

DON T SHOW TOURISTS!!!!

Nice one. Did you check the back, possibly "ONLY TO GREY" where most of them ended up in Hong Kong and Bangkok.
yippie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 01:36 PM   #67
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
2 years ago they may have received 2 nautilus. The subsequent year/s to follow they may only receive 1. That's how lists become longer and longer.

My 5711/1R due to arrive in June used to be estimated to have a 2 year waiting. It's now beyond 5+ years. The AD also will only receive one of these pieces this year.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:27 PM   #68
Mini2
"TRF" Member

With the 50 or so ADs closing down you would expect stock to increase at current ADs would you not..
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:44 PM   #69
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
2 years ago they may have received 2 nautilus. The subsequent year/s to follow they may only receive 1. That's how lists become longer and longer.

My 5711/1R due to arrive in June used to be estimated to have a 2 year waiting. It's now beyond 5+ years. The AD also will only receive one of these pieces this year.
Patek model line has shrunk, total production has stayed constant, the number of AD's has reduced. All of this would suggest no drop in delivery numbers of a particular model - and especially not a PM model.

It is too easy for an AD to blame supply for not being able to deliver to satisfy a client rather than to be honest and say when a particular client should realistically expect delivery given the huge demand.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:49 PM   #70
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Patek model line has shrunk, total production has stayed constant, the number of AD's has reduced. All of this would suggest no drop in delivery numbers of a particular model - and especially not a PM model.

It is too easy for an AD to blame supply for not being able to deliver to satisfy a client rather than to be honest and say when a particular client should realistically expect delivery.
I would have thought that logically speaking they would have sent more watches out with the closing of ADs.

My friend whos picking up a 5740 from an AD said the same. Their sports (even in PM) is due to receive 1 this year. My ADs (I have relationship with 3) said 1 as well. That combines it to 4 in total saying the same.

Sure an AD shouldnt have said put a number to it initially, but no one has a crystal ball. The Rolex ADs also estimates their wait-time depending on how many e.g. Pepsi GMT, they expect in 1 year.

Also I'm not defending the AD. No AD has ever promised me something in a time frame to then push on a sale of an undesirable watch.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 03:18 AM   #71
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Buy a few more Pateks from them and your have your watch in no time. There really are no lists, as the 57s come through they go to the very best customers at the time who want one. You need to get to that "very best" level to be in the running.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 08:42 AM   #72
dauster
"TRF" Member

By corporate do you mean buying only in PP official stores? In my experience they have the least amount of sports PP - I have never seen an aquanaut or nautilus but have seen them in smaller family-owned stores...
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 12:17 PM   #73
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
In my experience, small town ADs, at least for Rolex, are a way better play than staying local if you live in a major metro area. I’m outside Chicago and experienced an estimated six month wait for a Daytona stretch to 2 1/2 years before I took my 50% deposit back. I know of several Chicago area former shoppers at the same family owned small chain who have since gone out of state with great success. I think that while deliveries are greater at major metro ADs, the lists and big buyers overwhelm the higher supply.

I don’t know about PP, but I have a feeling it would be similar.
Old 27 March 2019, 12:20 PM   #74
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
always always get everything in writing!!!!!
Old 29 March 2019, 04:26 AM   #75
Ahfe
"TRF" Member

Contact DeBoulle in Houston, they claim they get 5-6 watches of each nautilus and aquanauts model per year
Ahfe is offline   Reply With Quote