The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 27 November 2015, 06:09 PM   #61
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
Sorry Tomchicago. I just saw your post. I don't know yet. I am getting the watch built. I should have it this week. I brought a YM that was water damaged. So had to get a used 3135 on eBay and a new dial, hands, date wheel and I changed the crystal to the newer one. Got all the parts here but the 3135 I got on eBay. The band was SHOT. The guy wore it every day he said for 10 years. Only thing that I don't like is that the center links are not polished. I heard I can get it done. I will show pics when complete and band on case. One thing that I am wondering about is the SEL's. If Michael Young buffs the SEL will it still line up well with the case like it did? All these questions are popping up in my head. I pray they do. I've spent about as much as if I brought the watch from the vintage line. But I brought back a dead watch which makes me happy.
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 10:34 AM   #62
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
I have a '68 C&I rivet bracelet that needs a bit of tightening (not bad considering the age) but the real problem is the end links (which are un-numbered links), which have been filed to fit something other than what they were intended for.

On the bright side the first link appears unscathed.

So, does anyone know if Michael can laser the end links back to size? This would be buiding up the edge of sheet stainless essentially- not building up the side of a solid link. I expect that is a bit trickier.

Also curious if he would rebuild a case, but that is a lesser issue.

I suppose I should just find contact info and ask directly...
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2015, 02:24 PM   #63
occb2
Banned

Send him a pic of it. The worst he can say is no. I had brought a sub SEL band. I out it on a no hole case. To find that there is no way to take that band off now. Rolex made SEL bands to upgrade the subs with holes. Problem was there was no way to take the band off besides the hole. So I had to destroy the band. A $900 mistake. I kept all the parts and send him a picture. He responded honestly. Let me see if I can find the email and I will paste it here.
Old 2 December 2015, 02:34 PM   #64
occb2
Banned

Band

I couldn't find his reply. I found my email in my sent box but in his reply he said that there was nothing he could do that there was to much damage. I didn't and still don't understand why Rolex would make a band that you can't take off on the lugs with a tool. Not just to two little holes on the lugs.

Truth was it was my fault for not paying attention. I was excited with getting the band and putting it on my LV from the crap fake leather strap it had on. Here are my pics of the destroyed expensive band. At least I have a nice buckle I got to use when someone was selling there band with out a buckle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0588.jpeg (72.5 KB, 515 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0589.jpeg (34.5 KB, 517 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0590.jpeg (62.5 KB, 520 views)
Old 3 December 2015, 08:19 AM   #65
05carbondrz
Banned

I just received my 93153 TT Oyster Band back from Michael Today.I honestly can't believe its the same piece of Junk I sent Him.It took Him One Month to the Day to complete my Band and His comminuatcion was all I could ask for.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2015, 09:06 AM   #66
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
I just received my 93153 TT Oyster Band back from Michael Today.I honestly can't believe its the same piece of Junk I sent Him.It took Him One Month to the Day to complete my Band and His comminuatcion was all I could ask for.
Pics please!
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2015, 09:36 AM   #67
05carbondrz
Banned

Before:

After:

05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2015, 12:23 PM   #68
coffeebreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by occb2 View Post
I couldn't find his reply. I found my email in my sent box but in his reply he said that there was nothing he could do that there was to much damage. I didn't and still don't understand why Rolex would make a band that you can't take off on the lugs with a tool. Not just to two little holes on the lugs.

Truth was it was my fault for not paying attention. I was excited with getting the band and putting it on my LV from the crap fake leather strap it had on. Here are my pics of the destroyed expensive band. At least I have a nice buckle I got to use when someone was selling there band with out a buckle.
If the bracelet itself is fine, you could also try to purchase similar endlinks to replace the pair you have
coffeebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2015, 12:31 PM   #69
occb2
Banned

I ended up using the buckle with someone selling just the SEL bands. It worked out. It's just the date codes are different. I still have the links. Where could I find those links only?

Robert
Old 6 December 2015, 09:12 PM   #70
Alexus
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD/PAM74/ExII/SRSD
Once again: Michael retourned my 93150 and a riveted from 1973 in stunning condition.
recommended for everyone!

Thanks Michael
Old 6 December 2015, 10:08 PM   #71
J!m
"TRF" Member

I still haven't heard a peep from him... Maybe my mail didn't go through?
Old 8 December 2015, 05:50 AM   #72
Alexus
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD/PAM74/ExII/SRSD
he's online. responded today at 4am CET.. try again :)
Old 23 December 2015, 11:48 AM   #73
nyyankees
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1216610
M Y does incredible work. He did a tutone jubilee for me. It was an oval link. Stretched big time and came back lookmg great 4 weeks later!
nyyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2015, 11:57 PM   #74
J!m
"TRF" Member

Yes! I received a very reasonable quote from Michael Who is away until the new year.

Once I get something going I'll be sure to post the pictures!
Old 29 January 2016, 04:53 AM   #75
mbs05
"TRF" Member

Just got my two tone oyster bracelet back from Michael, and he did a wonderful job. I can't recommend him enough and will dig up some pictures when I get a chance.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
mbs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2016, 01:35 PM   #76
scotrick
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VintageAKs.OPs,DJs
Got my 7835 bracelet back from MY recently, even tweaked the ill fitting 357s, was well worth it.

Cheers,
Rick
scotrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2016, 04:07 PM   #77
kngzfrd
"TRF" Member

Wow, what a difference!!! Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 February 2016, 02:43 PM   #78
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
Before:
You must wear your watch a bit loose and right on the wrist joint. Flexing the hand back with the watch like that puts extreme tension and twisting stresses on the links and pins. I would suggest wearing it above your wrist bone and just snug enough that it doesn't slip down.

However, it's your watch and and you make your own decisions. Obviously, it can be fixed again as long as Mr. Young is in business.