The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 May 2021, 10:06 PM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Source For 24mm Carbotech Spring Bars

Having an interesting time sourcing the thick 24mm spring bars for the PAM01118 as want two or three more pairs. Called local boutique and they didn't have any. Anyone have a good source or substitute? Thx as all help is always appreciated.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 10:33 PM   #2
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
why do you want extra fairs of spring bars?
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 11:27 PM   #3
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

These are unique thick-bodied ones on Carbotech models, so not a normal spring bar as have an abundance of those. Tend to change straps a lot and since I only have one set, in case they break it's nice to have extras.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 14 May 2021, 11:40 PM   #4
rambo99
Banned

in my 1616, the spring bars are very thick and sturdy, i dont think it would be easy to break or deform. i have changed straps for more than 10 times since i bought it 2 years ago, no problem so far.
Old 15 May 2021, 01:57 AM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Cool, thx for info and yeah they are sturdy big time. Just like having an extra set or two.

Old 15 May 2021, 04:29 AM   #6
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I thought the same and wanted an extra pair for my 979. I had my 025 in for service at the Panerai boutique in La Jolla and bought an extra pair at that time. I think I paid $20.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 07:17 AM   #7
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Having an interesting time sourcing the thick 24mm spring bars for the PAM01118 as want two or three more pairs. Called local boutique and they didn't have any. Anyone have a good source or substitute? Thx as all help is always appreciated.

I’ve gotten them from Bob in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 11:11 AM   #8
stockae92
"TRF" Member

OT, my question is how's the case holding up changing strap with spring bars?
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 12:39 PM   #9
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Really great! Have changed bands four times in the past week, and there's not a single mark or scratch.

Old 15 May 2021, 05:45 PM   #10
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve changed straps at least a 100 times in the past year and not a scratch or mark showing from it. The carbotech is a really great material.
Old 15 May 2021, 10:42 PM   #11
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I got mine directly through Panerai. Call me up and they will get you a set.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2021, 10:49 PM   #12
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
OT, my question is how's the case holding up changing strap with spring bars?
I’ll chime in as well. Almost 2 years now with several strap changes and I still do not have a mark on the watch. Even the inside of the lugs where the spring bar slides across to engage the very tiny hole for the spring bar. That is a notable design I did notice. Panerai Carbotech has to use spring bars by the way the material and lugs are designed. Panerai drills a very small and precise hole for their spring bar ends to fit in. There is zero play when the spring bar engages into those lug holes. This is top level manufacturing as the combination of the durability of the Carbotech and precise fitment of the spring bar makes a incredibly secure strap to case connection. The ultra fat Panerai spring bars that are the same diameter as the strap tubes just increases the toughness even more.

I hate to keep say this but Panerai’s proprietary Carbotech material has shown to be really “next level” luxury watch case material. There is nothing else like it in the industry at any price point.

Old 16 May 2021, 12:08 AM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

^^^^^ this. Only had her a week and am VERY impressed with the case material. And yeah the springbar-to-case mating is very unique in a good way.

download.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
I got mine directly through Panerai. Call me up and they will get you a set.
Thx everyone. Bob at Panerai Boutique in Naples is getting me some

PS: PAM 42 Bronzo blue will be my 2021 Hanukkah present

Old 16 May 2021, 01:35 AM   #14
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
^^^^^ this. Only had her a week and am VERY impressed with the case material. And yeah the springbar-to-case mating is very unique in a good way.

Attachment 1221458

Thx everyone. Bob at Panerai Boutique in Naples is getting me some

PS: PAM 42 Bronzo blue will be my 2021 Hanukkah present
Great. I still am using my original spring bars and they still are stiff and tight. I got my extra set “just in case” down the road. They are so unique I didn’t want to try to order a set when I actually might need them.
Old 1 July 2022, 12:03 PM   #15
Jorge Borbolla
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,

I ordered a PAM 1232 Quaranta Quattro Carbotech and super excited! AD tells me it might take around a month and a half to arrive.

I went through the "Carbotech Repair" thread and read all the broken lugs posts (which i find suspicious judging from the persons who uploaded the pictures).

My questions to you guys are:

1.- What is the spring bar "tube" that is not supposed to go in the Carbotech models?
2.- Is changing the strap on the Carbotech models same as any other watch with drilled lugs? (push-in in one end until the bars comes out)
3.-Do you think you could upload a picture of the springbar just to know how they look?

Thanks!
Jorge Borbolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 04:09 PM   #16
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Borbolla View Post
Hi guys,

I ordered a PAM 1232 Quaranta Quattro Carbotech and super excited! AD tells me it might take around a month and a half to arrive.

I went through the "Carbotech Repair" thread and read all the broken lugs posts (which i find suspicious judging from the persons who uploaded the pictures).

My questions to you guys are:

1.- What is the spring bar "tube" that is not supposed to go in the Carbotech models?
2.- Is changing the strap on the Carbotech models same as any other watch with drilled lugs? (push-in in one end until the bars comes out)
3.-Do you think you could upload a picture of the springbar just to know how they look?

Thanks!
1. because certain case models need the tube
2. yes, its easy and safe
Old 2 July 2022, 02:09 AM   #17
roger.bolton
"TRF" Member

My AD had to order them in, took months!

So yes it is going to be a pain. Sadly the spring bars are not like ant others I have seen.
roger.bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2022, 03:40 AM   #18
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

1. It is a cylindrical steel tube that inserts into the band itself and then the springbar slides into the tube. But note - this is not used by carbotech models - at least not mine.

2. Yes changing straps is same as any other watch with lug holes.

And by the way, I called CJ Charles in La Jolla CA and they sent extra spring bars to me. It was easy.
Old 2 July 2022, 04:54 AM   #19
Jorge Borbolla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
1. because certain case models need the tube
2. yes, its easy and safe
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad its pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger.bolton View Post
My AD had to order them in, took months!

So yes it is going to be a pain. Sadly the spring bars are not like ant others I have seen.
Why is it going to be a pain? I guess when you purchase a Carbotech at least 1 pair of Springbars is going to be included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1 View Post
1. It is a cylindrical steel tube that inserts into the band itself and then the springbar slides into the tube. But note - this is not used by carbotech models - at least not mine.

2. Yes changing straps is same as any other watch with lug holes.

And by the way, I called CJ Charles in La Jolla CA and they sent extra spring bars to me. It was easy.
Ohhh ok, this response has actually made it very clear, now that you say it, I remember now the tubes were inside the strap! It's been so long I didnt remember.

I think the Carbotech springbars are black in color if I'm not mistaken, thats how you know they're for Carbos.
Jorge Borbolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 01:51 AM   #20
olc
"TRF" Member

Carbotech Rubber Strap?

Hi -- I have the PAM01232, and it came with the fabric strap attached. I am trying to attach the included rubber strap, but it seems that the spring bars for the original strap are too thick to fit into the rubber strap, because of the metal tube that is inside the rubber strap. Anyone know what the right procedure is here?
olc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 02:57 AM   #21
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

The 1232 is very nice. Congrats!
I would try pushing the metal tubes out of the rubber strap (they will push out), and see if that works. You must have the thicker black spring bars which do not use the tubes inside the strap.
Old 4 October 2023, 04:25 AM   #22
olc
"TRF" Member

Thanks! I figured that was it, but it's a little odd that they would put the strap in the box for this watch with those tubes inside if they cannot be used that way.

Much appreciated.
olc is offline   Reply With Quote