The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 May 2021, 01:11 PM   #31
1995akcoop
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
Your wife tells you what type of watch to wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1995akcoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 02:31 PM   #32
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Hmmmm... I guess I don't understand the age appropriate watch comment. For me a watch I like, that feels good on my wrist, tells consistent time and I can afford is appropriate. That could be a Mickey MOUSE, Apple, Timex, Swatch, etc. Perhaps looking for a dress watch, sports watch, one on leather strap, with bracelet, yellow gold, stainless steel etc. might be a different way to look for a watch that meets your lifestyle or current situation?

Good Luck finding a beautiful time piece that you personally enjoy wearing.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 11:10 PM   #33
karwath
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 white
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage213 View Post
Lol nice to meet you all.

I am not really looking for my watch to be a tool actually, that the Galaxy can do the best than any rolex I feel. I guess I am just looking for a nice lux watch I can stare at over a drink and wear.
Based on what you have said the place to start is likely the Datejust. The good news is that is not one of the watches that is impossible to find at an Authorized Dealer.

After decades of collecting watches, and only having Rolex sport models, I decided to add a Datejust this year. I ended up adding two. The second one only took a few weeks of wait time to get. My AD ordered a stainless steel Datejust in mid April and it came in two weeks later.

karwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 11:21 PM   #34
Rolexfanmiami
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 116610 LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
I think you are getting hung up on minutiae that is largely irrelevant. What difference does it make which category or classification Rolex places a certain model in? Choose a model that you personally like the look of and that fits well on your wrist. That is all that really matters...forget all the other marketing nonsense.
Agree 100% , buy what you like and fits well on your wrist. How many GMT owners are pilots? or how many Sub owners are professional divers?. Go with your taste/budget and for some models you will need to be very patient due to super high demand or go grey... good luck
Cartier Ronde Louis 18k Gold
Rolexfanmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 01:32 AM   #35
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
What type of watches do you wear now?

How will your new watch be worn, work or socially, or both?

Do you want a watch that is stainless steel or combined with some bling or maybe all bling?

What’s the budget?

Buying a watch is a very personal thing, you clearly are going to follow your wife’s advice and get a Luxury watch, but which one? This has to be your choice, go and talk to the local AD try some watches on then you will start to see what works and what doesn’t.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 01:56 AM   #36
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Just FYI - you can download an app onto your Galaxy watch that puts several Rolex dials and bezels onto it instead of the standard watch face styles that come preloaded as standard. If you want to see what a sub "might" look like on your wrist, there's a sub option. I believe there's also a Datejust or Explorer, too. I haven't looked at it in several years because I don't have a Smart Watch, but people were talking about it on another board I frequent at the time the app was released. It has other watch brands on there, too.

Just for fun. This is going to sound silly, but if you have a nice color printer you could also print out some cutouts of various Rolexes you want. You can Google search and see true to size images of every watch head on. Print out out and wrap it around your wrist. Again, it's clearly nothing like actually trying on a piece in real life, but just to get a basic preschool idea of what it "might" look like on you it can be helpful. You might think you like the black dial or white dial Explorer II in photos, but then when you put the cutout up to your wrist you might realize you prefer one over the other.

Back in the '90s Rolex used to have product catalogs at every AD that featured 100% life size, direct on images of each piece for exactly this purpose. You could take the catalog home, look through the pics to see what you liked, and everything was in high definition detail and life size. I used to cut out the pics and do that with the Explorer and the sub.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 02:01 AM   #37
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
I think you are getting hung up on minutiae that is largely irrelevant. What difference does it make which category or classification Rolex places a certain model in? Choose a model that you personally like the look of and that fits well on your wrist. That is all that really matters...forget all the other marketing nonsense.
Well said Charles.
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 02:24 AM   #38
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
Go after what you like and want.... don’t listen to other people on what to get. They are all beautiful in there own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
124270 "R#" Explorer 1
79030B Black Bay 58
Brich436 is online now   Reply With Quote