The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 April 2019, 03:53 AM   #31
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
The watch is a stunner. One I would certainly consider if I could get over the hurdle of spending that much on a Rolex. At those prices I’ll be geared towards a nice PP. (just personal preference).

There’s one each sitting in 2 different local ADs right now along with the new meteorite dial DD40. I won’t say they are hard to come by. If you really wanted the one I’m sure the AD can get you within a reasonable amount of time at a later date. I’m more dreaming about that DD right now
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 04:09 AM   #32
GMT Aviator
2024 Pledge Member

‘Hard to come by’, see this phrase all over the place here on trf. There was a time when BLNR’s weren’t hard to come by at all, now that can’t necessarily be said.
The CHNR could go the same way. A year from now they may be next to impossible to source, and the grey prices will skyrocket accordingly.
I think there’s been a wave of supply on these from Rolex over the last month, it’s likley how I ended up with mine after searching for a year to get one.
Once this run has left the AD’s, and demand thirsts for more, then they may become very ‘hard to come by’ six months or so from now.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 07:56 AM   #33
subprimero
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
It's a nice looking watch but I think the bluesy is the most attractive TT reference. My understanding is that the CHNR, as a newer reference, is currently much more difficult to to obtain than the bluesy.
subprimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 01:23 AM   #34
reelestates
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5712,SD,DD,CHNR
I went nuts yesterday and acquired the RG Sky/Rhodium and the RG GMT at the same time!!! The GMT is without a doubt one of the most stunning watches I own!!! I am saying that from the perspective of a RG DD40 white/roman dial, SS Sky Blue, New RG Sky/Rhodium and assorted others.

This shit is a sickness!!!
reelestates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 01:38 AM   #35
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
The watch is stunning and feels amazing on the wrist. To my eye, the color scheme works really well...so well, that it is one of the best looking modern references in PM-again, in my opinion. I would only put my beloved bluesy in front of it, and in that case, just by a nose.

I would agree with the post above that they're an allocation piece. They're not common, but not rare by any stretch of the imagination. It all boils down to whether you like it enough to want it or not. Good luck with your decision!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 01:43 AM   #36
psv
"TRF" Member

As DeNiro's character in Ronin said: "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hnhvWKMqm4
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 02:58 AM   #37
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelestates View Post
I went nuts yesterday and acquired the RG Sky/Rhodium and the RG GMT at the same time!!! The GMT is without a doubt one of the most stunning watches I own!!! I am saying that from the perspective of a RG DD40 white/roman dial, SS Sky Blue, New RG Sky/Rhodium and assorted others.

This shit is a sickness!!!
Wow, big congrats! Any pics to share with us?
Vipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 03:03 AM   #38
Mlioon
"TRF" Member

I would have bought it over my SS Pepsi but lacked the funds at the time. Go for it!!! It may be my favorite Rolex sports model currently out
Mlioon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 03:06 AM   #39
Cesium137
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
Brown bezel is ugly and rose gold sports watches don’t make sense to me

If you want a gold tone PM sports get a TT Sub

Rose gold Daytona is the way to go for RG sports OR the RG Yachtmaster 116655
Don’t buy or not buy a watch because some guy thinks the brown is ugly and says RG sports watches don’t make sense, then recommends a RG sports watch.

I absolutely love the chnr and have owned it for about a year and a half. It is only growing on me. Of my 3 piece Rolex collection, it is the watch that I can not ever see letting go. I know they recently went up in price, so I would recommend seeing what some of the greys have in stock. I think you can probably find one unworn for about 35k, but don’t quote me, my fingers aren’t on the pulse of the market.
Cesium137 is offline   Reply With Quote