The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: If you could buy only one of those, which one would it be
116710BLNR 277 51.01%
126710BLNR 266 48.99%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 November 2020, 08:35 AM   #121
Time2Travel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner

I like this combo. To me it gives each watch a different look. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 09:50 AM   #122
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Batman = Oyster
Pepsis = Jubilee
Old 10 November 2020, 10:30 AM   #123
moneymike83
Banned

Watch: Sd43

moneymike83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 12:13 AM   #124
blackedge
"TRF" Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, do you think grey dealers (particularly those in the UK who may have gone through this) would be willing to do a straight trade for a 11670BLNR (2018 model) to a 12670BLNR? Or you think they would want some cash too. Pricing hasn't really changed at all for the oyster model. Interested to hear people's thoughts.

Thanks
blackedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 12:21 AM   #125
alika
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu74 View Post
Batman>>>Batgirl
Batman on Oyster
Pepsi on Jubilee
x2
alika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 01:00 AM   #126
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedge View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, do you think grey dealers (particularly those in the UK who may have gone through this) would be willing to do a straight trade for a 11670BLNR (2018 model) to a 12670BLNR? Or you think they would want some cash too. Pricing hasn't really changed at all for the oyster model. Interested to hear people's thoughts.

Thanks
Sounds like a trade one might pull off with a good buddy, but it's unclear why a grey dealer would be interested in that? Buying an old BLNR and selling a new one should yield a significant spread for them.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 01:04 AM   #127
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I own the 116710BLNR. In my opinion, all you are really asking is if one prefers the Oyster or Jubilee bracelet on a GMT-Master II. The cases are very subtly different, but it's almost indistinguishable. Personally, I prefer the Oyster bracelet regardless of whether its a 116710 or 126710 model.

It's not that I think the Jubilee looks bad, it's just not offered as an option for a lot of models and thus if everything you own is on an Oyster bracelet, it makes sense to mix it up. Let's be honest though, most of the interest in the Jubilee bracelet revolves around the fact that it was not offered for a long time except on smaller Datejust models. The Oyster is suddenly going to become the hotter option because it's now newer.

The only additional "advantage" that the 116710BLNR has over all of the current models is that it was "first." It was the first bicolor ceramic bezel on a stainless steel GMT-Master II. The whole reason the bezel is blue/black is because it was the first bicolor ceramic bezel that Rolex could produce effectively; it's really that simple. I like the reference now for the same reason people like the 16610LV; it's a transitional model of sorts.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 01:42 AM   #128
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by alika View Post
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
Batman = Oyster
Pepsis = Jubilee

Actually...

Submariner = oyster

GMT = jubilee

One is a “tool watch” and one is a “cosmopolitan travel watch.” These two (in this configuration) makes a perfect duo.

Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 03:14 AM   #129
alika
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiebaby View Post
Actually...

Submariner = oyster

GMT = jubilee

One is a “tool watch” and one is a “cosmopolitan travel watch.” These two (in this configuration) makes a perfect duo.

Indeed it's an amazing duo my friend!
However comparing BLNR and BLRO my taste votes for jubilee on BLRO and oyster on BLNR.
alika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 04:13 AM   #130
PA Zu
"TRF" Member

Jubilee here. I like the contrast in bracelets when I look at it sitting next to my SD43. But it's a great looking watch either way, so no wrong answer in my book.
PA Zu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 05:07 AM   #131
LC23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerendigit View Post
I remember the 126710BLNR garnered some hate when it came out, at least from some people on youtube. I remember hearing: "oh I'm not sure about the jubilee on the GMT, they should have came out with a new Coke instead".

I personally like both.

Just wondering what you guys think about that now.

Thanks for voting!
I personally have this weird preference of Jubilee belonging with a Datejust and Oyster bracelet with professional model. Hence when I was in the same shoe I went with a 116. Also depends your state of collection...
LC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 06:54 AM   #132
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerendigit View Post
It's interesting to see that some people prefer the 12670BLRO on jubilee, but the oyster on the BLNR.

Weird.... why do the blue/black combo work better on oyster, but not the blue/red combo.
That's exactly how I feel. I own a 116710BLNR but I tried on a 126710BLNR in a grey about a year ago and I just felt the Jubilee on that one didn't work so well with the sportier aesthetic of the BLNR compared to the Oyster.

But I think the Jubilee looks great on the BLRO as for me it reflects the more vintage vibe of the BLRO.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 07:06 AM   #133
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiebaby View Post
Actually...

Submariner = oyster

GMT = jubilee

I would agree, especially since the Oyster has PCLs...
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 07:23 AM   #134
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
That's exactly how I feel. I own a 116710BLNR but I tried on a 126710BLNR in a grey about a year ago and I just felt the Jubilee on that one didn't work so well with the sportier aesthetic of the BLNR compared to the Oyster.

But I think the Jubilee looks great on the BLRO as for me it reflects the more vintage vibe of the BLRO.
Obviously this is subjective, and therefore you’re entitled to your opinion, but the gist of your opinion, if I’m reading this correctly, is that the color black is “sportier” while the color red is....less “sporty”?

I find this opinion curious, because they are literally the same watches except for red v black (and the slightly different shade of blue).

To each their own, though.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 07:35 AM   #135
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I think both are beautiful. Used to like oyster exclusively and have diamond dj with oyster but jubilee is growing on me. I voted for this but would be open to oyster in fantastic like new condition.
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 07:47 AM   #136
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
They are all good and we know it. It just comes down to preference and sometimes availability.. I'm very happy with my 116710 bought new from my AD in Oct'18. I do however prefer the trusty and proven 3187 movement as power reserve means little or nothing to me. The thing I don't like about any of the 32XX movements, having one in my DJ41 is the backwards (reverse) hands direction when setting it. One thing l am going back and forth with is having the PCLs brushed. Again, personal preference..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 05:09 PM   #137
jhopes
Banned

I was never a fan of the jubilee bracelet, but the 126710BLNR combination is something is else.
jhopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 12:32 AM   #138
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradSomrak View Post
Obviously this is subjective, and therefore you’re entitled to your opinion, but the gist of your opinion, if I’m reading this correctly, is that the color black is “sportier” while the color red is....less “sporty”?

I find this opinion curious, because they are literally the same watches except for red v black (and the slightly different shade of blue).

To each their own, though.
OK, let's say "less vintage inspired" for the BLNR instead of "sporty", and "more vintage inspired" for the BLRO.

That's just how they appear to me - the "blue" on the BLRO is far more subdued than the more vibrant (sporty?) blue on the BLNR, plus the fact the BLRO obviously refers to the historic colours of the GMT means that I just see the BLRO as a more vintage-inspired piece. Likewise I see the Jubliee as being a more vintage bracelet design, so it just works slightly better for me on the BLRO than on the BLNR.

Agreed it's just a colour variation, but we can say the same about the black BB58 vs the blue BB58 - just a different colour but the black comes across as far more vintage than the blue (IMO of course).

As I say, I own a 116710 BLNR on the Oyster, but I've also tried on a 126710 BLNR on the Jubilee, and for me it just confirmed I was very happy with my choice. But like you say, it's just personal opinions and it'd be dull ol' world if we all liked the same things.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 01:31 AM   #139
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Thank you for this post of the blnr and sub!!!! Exactly what I looking to add with my 124060. Do they “feel” different enough? My only doubt is black dial with half the black bezel like my sub, but the rest is a completely different look. I went down the datejust route and did not like it on me, so hoping this will add a bit more dress, but still has the ceramic bezel which I love.
Old 28 May 2021, 02:15 AM   #140
Pinchy
"TRF" Member

I think in pictures you could go either way. But to wear, I think the jubilee is more comfortable, offers more vartiation against the inevitable submariner in your collection and I dislike PCLs.
Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote