The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 January 2020, 07:46 AM   #1
HopWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/PP
Does anyone else have this crazy issue?

I'm typically a one watch guy, meaning I wear one watch almost exclusively.

I've had several Rolex watches over the years and my collection is currently down to four:

1. 116520 White dial that I got in 2014, wore this everyday until ..
2. SS SkyD black dial that AD got for me in Dec
3. Fast forward to early this month and I pulled the trigger on a PT DD40 (sold Bluesy that never had any wrist time)

The 4th is a TT Datejust that my gf wears.

I love all three; however, now that I have the DD40 I find myself uninterested in wearing the other two.

I can see wearing either the Daytona or SkyD if I ever feel the DD40 is inappropriate for the situation (not sure when that would be lol)

Many ppl have zero issues wearing their watches in rotation. For some reason, I get fixated on a watch and the others just sit. I've always been like this. I have no interest in selling the others either.

I feel extremely fortunate for the collection I have. Just wish I could wrap my mind around giving them all wrist time. I would have to force it as it simply doesn't come natural for me.

Feels crazy even writing this.

Curious, are there others who have this challenge?
HopWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 07:54 AM   #2
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
I usually wear one for a few days in a row, then rotate. One watch might get worn six or seven days one month, then not get worn the next month. Just depends on how I’m feeling. No hard fast rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 January 2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Pantheon
Banned

Watch: VC and AP
I don't wear watches everyday but I just pick one when I want to wear one. Some do get more wrist time of course
Pantheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 08:09 AM   #4
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I have a small collection of watches which I adore equally. I've never had trouble rotating them and giving them approximately equal wrist time - until December 2019. I bought a SS black Sky Dweller and I can't wear anything else. I guess it will wear off. But no other watch has so far had this effect on me. So I can relate OP. Same situation, different watch.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 08:22 AM   #5
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
What a great dilemma to have , wear the Daytona, the Sky dweller or the Day Date. I feel that when you prefer to consistently wear a certain watch in the collection, consider selling the pieces not being worn. There will always be another watch you might like to have in the future. I am trying to keep a three piece collection, a dress watch, a diver, and a casual daily wear watch. That's hard to do because I want everything, but I am always looking for something new, so something has to go.
Old 31 January 2020, 08:38 AM   #6
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
In the past I would wear 1 watch for weeks even months at a time. Some watches only getting wrist-time once a year. In the last 6 months I have tried (and mostly succeeded) to change watch at least once a week and often every couple of days. I still like some watches more than others but have found I am enjoying changing often.
Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 08:40 AM   #7
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopWatch View Post

I've had several Rolex watches over the years and my collection is currently down to four:

3. Fast forward to early this month and I pulled the trigger on a PT DD40 (sold Bluesy that never had any wrist time)

I love all three; however, now that I have the DD40 I find myself uninterested in wearing the other two.

I can see wearing either the Daytona or SkyD if I ever feel the DD40 is inappropriate for the situation (not sure when that would be lol)

Many ppl have zero issues wearing their watches in rotation. For some reason, I get fixated on a watch and the others just sit. I've always been like this. I have no interest in selling the others either.

I feel extremely fortunate for the collection I have. Just wish I could wrap my mind around giving them all wrist time. I would have to force it as it simply doesn't come natural for me.

Not crazy. I feel the same way. Love all my watches. In fact, I wore the same watch for almost 10 years. Now I have 7 but I mostly wear one watch at a time. Honestly, there is no deep reasoning for when I switch. I usually keep the watch I’m wearing close by so it is the first thing I grab. Now and again I’ll look at my collection. At some point, I’ll go “haven’t worn you in a while” and yes I talk to my watches , I’ll swap it out and it will be what I wear until something prompts me to switch again. I might switch for an occasion but that’s about it.

We’re very fortunate to have this problem. Feel better to know you’re not alone?
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 08:44 AM   #8
Lenny1989
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopWatch View Post

Your problem is that your watches are not equal. Of course you choose the PT DD 40 over everything else - it’s leagues above the rest of your collection.
Lenny1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 08:50 AM   #9
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
I am in the same boat as you.

That's why I sold all my watches: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=718495 and bought one.

I only own and wear one watch all day everyday. I do take it off when I'm doing something that might damage it (going to the gym, going to ski, going for a hike, etc), but other than that situation I just wear it.

One watch guys, unite!
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 09:15 AM   #10
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerendigit View Post
I am in the same boat as you.

That's why I sold all my watches: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=718495 and bought one.

I only own and wear one watch all day everyday. I do take it off when I'm doing something that might damage it (going to the gym, going to ski, going for a hike, etc), but other than that situation I just wear it.

One watch guys, unite!
What is your one and only now? Looked through your thread but last post was watches sold unless I missed something.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 09:19 AM   #11
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
What is your one and only now? Looked through your thread but last post was watches sold unless I missed something.

Haha! Yeah I wanted to keep it a secret, but here is a hint: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=715741
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 03:13 AM   #12
Alan111
"TRF" Member

That's the problem with buying PM. Once you were PM, you find no reason to wear anything else.
Alan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 03:45 AM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

(Said in good friendly humor) Hate to be the bearer of bad news, you're normal... just like the rest of us.

Oh... wait...

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 04:51 AM   #14
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
Me!

I have a SubC, later I pulled the trigger for a SD43, I love my Subc, I do not have any plan to sell it, but I only wear the SD43.
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote