The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 May 2021, 03:16 PM   #31
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
A date change right at midnight is not the norm, no matter what Rolex or anyone else says.

Don't even think about sending it in for service over something so minor and inconsequential.

In 5-10 years, if it still bothers you, you can have it addressed when you send it for a normal service.
What he said.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 03:25 PM   #32
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Welcome
I would get the date change serviced immediately...could be bigger problems inside (all IMHO)
At first I laughed because I though this was a joke, but later in the thread I realized you were being serious. If you don’t understand how a watch works you should probably refrain from scaring people into an unnecessary service.

Quote:
A date change right at midnight is not the norm, no matter what Rolex or anyone else says.

Don't even think about sending it in for service over something so minor and inconsequential.

In 5-10 years, if it still bothers you, you can have it addressed when you send it for a normal service.
That’s the truth.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 03:55 PM   #33
dontbeshort
"TRF" Member

Watch: LN LV BLRO BLNR
Impressed how you got it 10 months before you ordered it! #march22
dontbeshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 10:52 PM   #34
donq
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,1675,16030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Welcome
I would get the date change serviced immediately...could be bigger problems inside (all IMHO)
The date change in relation to the time is down purely to the position of the hands when installed.

It has no relationship with the condition or functionality of the movement itself.

Don’t worry the guy for no reason.

And one second off per day with a mechanical watch is more than acceptable.
donq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 03:34 AM   #35
Jckendall13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclr View Post
I'd accept it to avoid the hassle of sending it in for something that means nothing to me. But can somebody explain why they prefer stickers on their watch other than resale value which doesn't appear to be the case here?
I can chime in on this! So funnily enough they offered for me to keep them on, giving me the choice of either. I had (and still have) no intentions of ever getting rid of the watch. The only stickers I really wanted to keep in tact were the ones that were on the clasp. I, like most, sit at a desk 8 hours a day typing away and wanted to reduce the hairlines on the clasp. I also know that eventually I will get a scratch on there, but my thought process was that when that happens I can peel the stickers off and basically have a new clasp 6 months down the road. Eventually they will all come off from wear/if I ever use an ultrasonic on the bracelet etc.
Jckendall13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 03:36 AM   #36
Jckendall13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Sorry for the typo here, I obviously expressed interest in March of 2021 and received the watch May of 2021.
Jckendall13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 04:34 AM   #37
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
1. I get between +1 and +2 s/d on average with my 126613lb. The more I wear it in a day, the better. Best resting position is horizontal up in my case.

2. I'm getting a date change between 00h00m and 00h02m. I would absolutely not take it to the RSC for a date change at 00:04 and risk a service induced fault, scratches or the mere fact of opening it for something so trivial.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 05:00 AM   #38
rogerlu
"TRF" Member

Congrats!

I need to know your guy/gal at the AD
rogerlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 05:12 AM   #39
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Congrats. That date change at 4 minutes-plus after midnight is no biggie at all. Totally normal. Some click over exactly at midnight, some a little before and some a little after. If it was, say, 12:15am, that would bug me, but not for a few minutes.
Registered in 2022? my DJ41 changes the date at 12:08. Some change right at midnight but to me it's not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 06:43 AM   #40
Gerry.GEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp1 Mk2
Don't get hung up on small time issues. As long as it's near specs just enjoy it. There are far more pressing things to worry about. :)
Gerry.GEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 08:41 AM   #41
bjw
"TRF" Member

Wear it constantly if you can. I have found it can take several weeks to 'break in'. That is to say it you may see a a few to several seconds swing during that time before it settles in to more consistent time keeping. With the new oil Rolex using, it should run very consistent. At the end of the day, don't get too caught up about a few seconds. There are 86,400 seconds in a day. Being of a few seconds still makes it 99.99% accurate.

Conrats on your new Sub!
Tudor 79220N
Tudor 79260P Panda

"Opinions are like wrist watches, everyone's shows different time from the other. But all believe that theirs is accurate. "
bjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 09:02 AM   #42
dannyp
Banned

Quote:

In 4 years and 11 months, if it still bothers you, you can have it addressed when you send it for a normal service.
FTFY, bolding mind
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 09:24 AM   #43
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
FTFY, bolding mine
Thanks, but do you really think that fixing the date change would add to the cost of a full service, such that getting it done under warranty is really a big deal?

The watch will already be completely disassembled, so it's just a matter of putting it back together the right way.

FTFY. Bolding mine

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 10:01 AM   #44
konkaniman
"TRF" Member

When my sub (16610) went into RSC Dallas for a 10 year service, I asked for them to set it so the date changed exactly at midnight. No can do, they informed me. I didn't understand the technicalities of why; perhaps someone with more knowledge of the why can chime in. I believe Dong alluded to it above when he mentioned that the date change depends on position of hands when installed.
konkaniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2021, 04:10 PM   #45
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by konkaniman View Post
When my sub (16610) went into RSC Dallas for a 10 year service, I asked for them to set it so the date changed exactly at midnight. No can do, they informed me. I didn't understand the technicalities of why; perhaps someone with more knowledge of the why can chime in. I believe Dong alluded to it above when he mentioned that the date change depends on position of hands when installed.
I don't know, personally, what makes the date change occur at one time or another. The hand placement does sound plausible, though.

But, if Rolex says that they can't do that at a full service, then that must not be the case, which lends credence to the idea that a few minutes either way is not worth getting into a tizzy about.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote