The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 July 2021, 01:55 AM   #1
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

IWC Big Pilot Le Petit Prince IW500909 - Price?

Good morning all, it has been some time since I have been active on the forum and am happy to be back among you.

I recently became aware that a friend of a trusted acquaintance is attempting to sell an IWC Big Pilot “Le Petit Prince" 500909 (full set). This is the 18k rose gold model which was limited to 250 pieces circa 2017 I believe. I was not able to find any reference to this watch on the forum. The seller is asking 38K. I am curious if this seems reasonable to the IWC crowd here. I am not a flipper and am not looking to make any money - I just like the watch and rose gold in general.

Please let me know if you think I should negotiate on the price. Cheers.

Paul_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 03:56 PM   #2
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
The blue dials are lovely, but that feels a bit steep unless you absolutely need to have it-
Although it was an LE, back in 2015, IWC issue a lot of Little Prince watches, so it's "collector" appeal & value might not be huge.

Most LNIB 5009's in rose or white gold I would expect to be under $20k on the used market- then up to around $25k for one of the calendar movements.

My last BP back in 2017 was white gold/ardoise dial and the full set cost me $12995. That was the older 5004 though.
Old 12 July 2021, 11:15 PM   #3
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
The blue dials are lovely, but that feels a bit steep unless you absolutely need to have it-
Although it was an LE, back in 2015, IWC issue a lot of Little Prince watches, so it's "collector" appeal & value might not be huge.

Most LNIB 5009's in rose or white gold I would expect to be under $20k on the used market- then up to around $25k for one of the calendar movements.

My last BP back in 2017 was white gold/ardoise dial and the full set cost me $12995. That was the older 5004 though.
Wow, I better do some more research. I just don’t see these for sale so I don’t have great context, but I should look at similar watches in the family I suppose. Thanks.

Old 13 July 2021, 10:39 AM   #4
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
The standard rose gold, black-dialed 5009 can be found for about $18K from trusted sellers, sent you a PM...

I will say, it's beast of a watch in gold. I had it in steel originally, then picked up the gold, thinking I would sell the steel version- Ended up keeping the steel one- Would your friend let you try his on ?
Old 16 July 2021, 04:50 AM   #5
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
The standard rose gold, black-dialed 5009 can be found for about $18K from trusted sellers, sent you a PM...

I will say, it's beast of a watch in gold. I had it in steel originally, then picked up the gold, thinking I would sell the steel version- Ended up keeping the steel one- Would your friend let you try his on ?
I am comfortable with the size, but the weight is a concern. Thank you for the PM. I haven't tried it on yet - we will be meeting over the weekend. I talked him down to 28.

Old 18 July 2021, 10:49 AM   #6
GMADS
"TRF" Member

I concur with everything asiparks said. For 28, the Perpetual Calendar BP is on the table brand new.
GMADS is offline   Reply With Quote