The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 July 2019, 05:33 AM   #1201
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
When I had only a 36mm datejust I only wore it with a suit. To me it was more of a dress watch. My explorer 2 I never wore to work. That was my weekend/adventure watch.

Now that I have the sub I wear if everyday. It does get noticed but vary rarely.

Most of my colleagues wear the iWatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
124270 "R#" Explorer 1
79030B Black Bay 58
Brich436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 05:48 AM   #1202
s4y4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
I have a sub incoming and planning to wear it as a daily
s4y4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 05:59 AM   #1203
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Have to. It's the only watch I own!
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 06:04 AM   #1204
Bryano1028
"TRF" Member

I wear my GMT2 LN SS on a daily basis (Black bezel/dial).

I don’t get any off stares or comments. Once in a blue moon I’ll get the “I like your watch”, but I’m also in the financial industry where the majority of my clients are wearing a similar style watch.

I do have a TT that I’ll wear to events even in front of clients but not when I’m presenting to let’s say a construction company. All PM I reserve for when I’m not with clients and only friends/family/myself.

There’s absolutely zero issue with a SS as a daily. I don’t even think TT would be a big deal. All gold may get some looks but it’s not a huge deal. I’m just cognizant of my audience as I am most of the time “selling” them something.
Bryano1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 06:39 AM   #1205
Kestrel
"TRF" Member

Everyday. Most of my colleagues have luxury SS watches. I wouldn’t wear PM...it is a fine line between wanting to be appropriately dressed but not flashy or showy. Trying to convey high levels of know how and reliability to customers. One of the more senior guys wears a fifty fathoms. Another has a RM which IMHO looks way too showy for our work. The very senior guys all have day dates. For some reason PM seems just right for those guys.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 08:12 AM   #1206
jjcthe1
"TRF" Member

"Dress for the position you want, not for the position you have". While that does not mean go wear the same watch as your boss, but dial it up a notch and dont care what others think.
jjcthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 08:21 AM   #1207
Equity
"TRF" Member

Don’t fall victim to these social constructs. Wear what you want.

If you sense a client/boss/family/friend/date is anywhere near ruffled about what you use to tell time... that says worlds about them, not you.

Equity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 08:34 AM   #1208
makrxx
Banned

I'm in a bank. My VP told my Associate not to wear his black Sub because the MD is wearing it too...
makrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 08:35 AM   #1209
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Since 1986.
Old 30 July 2019, 08:49 AM   #1210
TruthBalance
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equity View Post
Don’t fall victim to these social constructs. Wear what you want.

If you sense a client/boss/family/friend/date is anywhere near ruffled about what you use to tell time... that says worlds about them, not you.

Well stated!
TruthBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 09:42 AM   #1211
Rhythm King
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roviw View Post
I wear my 16700 pepsi every day, mixture of types of work, sometimes a lot of driving but at the moment 3 of us are knocking down block walls and trenched a floor for pipes and now fitting a kitchen. I am doing some plumbing work as well.

As mentioned before, most people do not actually notice what is on your wrist, I always check out other peoples watches as I am interested in them but most people are not.

I used to keep it safe at home but 3 years ago decided I really wanted to enjoy it.

I do have my other watches tucked away for "best" occasions though

Wow, knocking down walls with your Pepsi? Let's see photos of this bad boy!!
Rhythm King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 09:46 AM   #1212
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
This. A thousand times This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2010 View Post
EXACTLY!

I don't understand the mentality of buying tough azz beautiful watches that people don't want to wear because they might get a scratch, offend someone, etc.

Jesus people, wear the frickin watch already!
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 10:04 AM   #1213
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
This one today. I rotate them around and wear an AP or Rolex every day. No one cares, except the closet WIS, who sometimes whisper “nice watch”. It’s only us that care.... enjoy them! . If not; what’s the point?
Old 5 August 2019, 12:16 PM   #1214
gregdolley
Banned

Watch: Rose Gold Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by z32turbo View Post
Wear it to work everyday. I'm the only one but I don't care. I can't help it if no one I work with is a WIS!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster1982 View Post
I strap a Rolex to my wrist everyday. I dont care what people think.
Yup, same here! I've been wearing the RG Daytona for five years straight every day. No one has ever noticed it. I bought it about six months after it came out.

One exception: when I go on my almost yearly vacation to Europe, I take it off and slap on a Timex. I just don't want to risk being robbed. I know a couple people who were mugged while on vacation (but in one case, the cops found the perp and they got their watch/wallet/cash back; but they were lucky).
gregdolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 12:26 PM   #1215
PeterC4
"TRF" Member

I wear one of them to work very often. You see a lot of nice watches in the boardrooms.
PeterC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 12:47 PM   #1216
PeterC4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makrxx View Post
I'm in a bank. My VP told my Associate not to wear his black Sub because the MD is wearing it too...
You work in one of the screwed up environments. The MD wears a Sub? Big deal. Mustn't be doing all that well. Are you part of corporate lending or investment banking? Regardless, if you don't have the confidence to wear the watch, don't buy it.
Old 5 August 2019, 12:51 PM   #1217
PeterC4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Everyday. Most of my colleagues have luxury SS watches. I wouldn’t wear PM...it is a fine line between wanting to be appropriately dressed but not flashy or showy. Trying to convey high levels of know how and reliability to customers. One of the more senior guys wears a fifty fathoms. Another has a RM which IMHO looks way too showy for our work. The very senior guys all have day dates. For some reason PM seems just right for those guys.
What is the world coming to. Do you purposely act stupid at appropriate times to "fit in" and not offend anyone? Or is it natural.
Old 5 August 2019, 01:48 PM   #1218
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Do you guys wear Rolex to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
What is the world coming to. Do you purposely act stupid at appropriate times to "fit in" and not offend anyone? Or is it natural.

What is the world coming to when people on the internet feel the need to put others down when their views that don’t align with their own! LOL

Get over it man - to each their own.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 08:08 PM   #1219
PeterC4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
What is the world coming to when people on the internet feel the need to put others down when their views that don’t align with their own! LOL

Get over it man - to each their own.
I suppose you are right. One should always have a measured response. I would hope the admiration and respect for watches from Apple to Patek, would allow people today to express themselves freely, without sigma.
Old 5 August 2019, 08:13 PM   #1220
Keyetty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 126233
Definitely do. And if my boss has a Casio so be it.

Keyetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 09:49 PM   #1221
huggie49
"TRF" Member

When I work in the warehouse it’s Timex time. 17 year old plastic is great for there. I always wear a Rolex in my shop downtown. The staff only notice one... my 5 digit Pepsi!
huggie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 09:53 PM   #1222
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
If i had work, then yes, i would wear one of course. I don't care how my boss is dressed up.
Old 5 August 2019, 09:55 PM   #1223
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
I generally do not. I did several years ago when I worked at a Fortune 100 company where the staff was generally professionals with advanced degrees and certifications. Many of my colleagues there also wore Rolex or other high-end timepieces.

Currently I work art a much smaller financial services company in a production unit. It is 98% women that perform these tasks and they are for the most part non-college degreed Blue-collar wives, so wearing a Rolex probably wouldn't be too well received. Many would know what it is but I would suspect it would not go over too well. Best left to be worn outside of my work environment.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 09:58 PM   #1224
Keyetty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 126233
Do you guys wear Rolex to work?

Im being funny but most never notice. Wear what you want. I don’t give a monkeys what others think. I saved, I bought.

Keyetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 09:59 PM   #1225
jvb.nc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228206meteorite
i mean... to revisit. i tend to wear hoodies and jeans (i’m allowed to do so as i work for the North Face in a retail “boutique,”) and almost always am wearing a rolex on the sales floor.

almost no one ever notices; i usually pick up on other’s pieces first (most memorably a chocolate roman everose SkyD on full everose bracelet, droooool). out of the folks who do mention they like my watch, 85% of the time it’s a beautifully-dressed woman, 15% of the time it’s actually a younger fella.

what’s the point if you don’t wear it? i love the concept of casual dress with good watches and shoes. and jeans. and if i’m gonna wear AG jeans, a hard-to-find pair of Jordans, full tattoo sleeves and a hoodie... best damn believe i’m rocking a rolex.

i mean that’s why we’re all here, innit? to share our mutual madness?

Old 5 August 2019, 11:04 PM   #1226
kans86
"TRF" Member

I have been wearing Rolex to work for almost 20 years now. Only a few time my watch attracted attention from colleagues. A few years ago my supervisor noticed my Sub Date. He commented and asked me to see it. Later he brought the same watch from an AD and has been wearing it until now. We are good friends. But since then I changed to my Daytona or a Milgauss. Just don’t want to duplicate.
kans86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 11:45 PM   #1227
Bill Mott
Banned

wear it every day. I have been nervous about it on occasion. But, as the kids say, YOLO.
Bill Mott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 12:00 AM   #1228
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
i wear my SSsubDate proudly, i don't care what others think, i wear it for me!!

don't be scared, life is too short!
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 12:00 AM   #1229
Ropa131
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
I wear my SS Skydweller black dial every day to work. What’s the point of having it if you’ll never wear it?

Ropa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 12:01 AM   #1230
jfingers
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
I'm a pilot. I wear my BLNR every day. It's what it was made for.
jfingers is offline   Reply With Quote