The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 September 2020, 04:17 AM   #1
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
6R35 movement review

Hi all,

just got spb 147. So far pleasantly surprised. 2 days and running around +5 seconds a day, average.
When worn and in movement, id say its about + - 0spd. The issue lies when you are in the office, not moving alot, or when you are sleeping. Then it can loose 10 seconds in a night.

Overall, not bad. but somewhat inconsistent, especially compared to my Black Bay.
For 1K$, i have no issues with this at all.

Power reserve is true, even 1 hour extra, which is impressive. Next step is to figure out which position to put it in a night.
Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar
Gary Busey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 06:45 AM   #2
ProfessorPJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 08:27 PM   #3
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I agree with your observations. The more I wear my Seiko watches the more accurate most are.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 11:01 AM   #4
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Sounds like it is running good to me. The correct way to time a watch is over 48-72 hours. Hour to hour means very little since the movement loses or gains time in different positions.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 11:23 AM   #5
KatGirl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Don’t have any 6R35’s yet, but my 6R15’s are very accurate.
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 12:20 PM   #6
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
I agree with the power reserve. My SPB145 never stops

Seriously, it lasts and lasts when I'm not wearing it.
Old 23 September 2020, 03:35 PM   #7
ProfessorPJ
"TRF" Member

So this may be a dumb newbie question, and feel free to respond with “search more”, but my understanding is that Seiko only advertises these at much worse specs (~30/45 I think?).

Is that simply because of mass production and the limited ability on their end to only quality control (i.e random test) to that level of precision or an unwillingness to deal with warranty issues (read: customer gripes) about pieces that fall outside of that range? (Or some function of both?)

It seems like everyone who’s had an issue with these movements can get them regulated to quite impressive rates.

(Sorry again for long and potentially incoherent post. I only get to play on TRF after baby is asleep)

Old 24 September 2020, 12:24 AM   #8
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

update: =6 spd average.
crown down overnight, it manages to not loose time.

the more active i am the less it looses.....its pretty decent. Not close to the advertised specs...much much better.
Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar
Old 24 September 2020, 12:59 PM   #9
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPJ View Post
Is that simply because of mass production and the limited ability on their end to only quality control (i.e random test) to that level of precision or an unwillingness to deal with warranty issues (read: customer gripes) about pieces that fall outside of that range? (Or some function of both?)
Honestly, only Seiko could answer this question. If I was answering it, then the answer would be, because some watch customers are super anal about time and would complain all day long if their watch was one second over spec. So it would be better to open up that window for fluctuation. Most buyers do not understand that timing changes all during the day according the position the watch is in.

To accurately time a watch I do it over 3-5 days at a minimum.
Old 24 September 2020, 03:59 PM   #10
ProfessorPJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Honestly, only Seiko could answer this question. If I was answering it, then the answer would be, because some watch customers are super anal about time and would complain all day long if their watch was one second over spec. So it would be better to open up that window for fluctuation. Most buyers do not understand that timing changes all during the day according the position the watch is in.

To accurately time a watch I do it over 3-5 days at a minimum.

Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot of sense and that’s what I assumed given how anal I am about my wife’s Milgauss that runs +5 knowing it sits in a case most of the day but runs pretty close to spec when I wear it for a couple of days nonstop. I was just surprised by how big the advertised range is compared to everyone’s actual experiences. I’m just surprised they don’t advertise it (6r) as something like +- 20 given how well it performs in reality.

Old 25 September 2020, 12:32 PM   #11
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot of sense and that’s what I assumed given how anal I am about my wife’s Milgauss that runs +5 knowing it sits in a case most of the day but runs pretty close to spec when I wear it for a couple of days nonstop. I was just surprised by how big the advertised range is compared to everyone’s actual experiences. I’m just surprised they don’t advertise it (6r) as something like +- 20 given how well it performs in reality.

I can tell you from my personal experience dealing with the 6r15 it has never ran great for me. It has always been all over the place. I have actually had better luck with the replacement NE15.
Old 27 September 2020, 06:36 AM   #12
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Quote:
So this may be a dumb newbie question, and feel free to respond with “search more”, but my understanding is that Seiko only advertises these at much worse specs (~30/45 I think?).

It seems like everyone who’s had an issue with these movements can get them regulated to quite impressive rates.

(Sorry again for long and potentially incoherent post. I only get to play on TRF after baby is asleep)

Seiko always under promise and over deliver. If they it’s accurate to 2s a day it’ll more likely be 1. If they say it needs servicing every three years it’ll likely go for ten.

Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 06:51 AM   #13
KatGirl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmith1974 View Post
Seiko always under promise and over deliver. If they it’s accurate to 2s a day it’ll more likely be 1. If they say it needs servicing every three years it’ll likely go for ten.

Exactly what HE said. Apparently, Seiko doesn’t want the hassle of folks complaining about inaccurate movements. When the watches come from the factory, they are always way more accurate than the promised specs.
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 01:33 PM   #14
ProfessorPJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Exactly what HE said. Apparently, Seiko doesn’t want the hassle of folks complaining about inaccurate movements. When the watches come from the factory, they are always way more accurate than the promised specs.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Old 30 September 2020, 09:34 PM   #15
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

7 day all around average is +7 a day
Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar