The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 October 2019, 01:27 PM   #11
Juhuatai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5508 & 9401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_LA View Post
That's interesting to know. I thought it was mandatory to do so, to protect themselves from any damage to the watch noticed by the owner post-service -- much like how a car dealership takes pictures, notes and inspects any damage present on the vehicle prior to taking it in for service.

My watchmaker takes plenty of macro shots prior to service. In your case, these photos would have been helpful to prove that the "stain" was there prior to service to protect themselves.
Yeah I'm surprised they don't take pictures but they may implement this. I had a discussion with him today and based on the photos he thinks it might be some moisture from an air pen, either that or some residue from Rodico. He says if its either, its an easy fix but he will update me once he inspects the dial. I'm praying that it's fixable and not an oil stain.
Juhuatai is offline   Reply With Quote