The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 July 2020, 10:06 AM   #1
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Becoming a Moderator?

Been around a few years and have always been curious, how do the Elders of TRF select their own? Last Mod anointed, that I remember was, Sir Tim (Cop) and yes, rightfully so.

So.. if I nominate Brandrea (Brian), Jocke, Paul, or anyone, will they be considered?

Please advise?
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 10:13 AM   #2
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Although I appreciated the bottle of Blue Label and stogies as a gesture of good will with the offer letter — I still declined.

I got no time for these Rolex Tudor maniacs with their cologne and man purse fights.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 10:37 AM   #3
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Been around a few years and have always been curious, how do the Elders of TRF select their own? Last Mod anointed, that I remember was, Sir Tim (Cop) and yes, rightfully so.

So.. if I nominate Brandrea (Brian), Jocke, Paul, or anyone, will they be considered?

Please advise?
I Accept!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 10:48 AM   #4
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
man purse fights.
LMAO.....
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 11:00 AM   #5
FTX I
"TRF" Member

It's a burden. Never wish for it IMO.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 11:04 AM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Level headed people who are on often would be my guess.

Thankless job

Brian definitely fits the bill imho
Old 25 July 2020, 01:05 PM   #7
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
You'd have to have a LOT of time available to pick up Mod shifts through the week. Do you realize every post has to be reviewed by one of the Mod's? Thankless task, for which I say "thank you".
Old 25 July 2020, 01:19 PM   #8
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Although I appreciated the bottle of Blue Label and stogies as a gesture of good will with the offer letter — I still declined.

I got no time for these Rolex Tudor maniacs with their cologne and man purse fights.
Good one Chewie! I literally laughed out loud.
Old 25 July 2020, 01:42 PM   #9
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Having been a moderator on several message boards, I have some personal insight into this.

They seek out the masochists. And then offer them the opportunity for lots of work, no pay and plenty of abuse.

It's a match made in heaven.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 01:48 PM   #10
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post

Please advise?

Short straw gets the nomination - it’s a no win, no pay position!
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 01:49 PM   #11
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
One does not simply "become" a moderator, Tom. It takes years of selection, training and abstinence.

Seriously, before Tim, was me in 2015, and then I think Ken about five years before that.
Old 25 July 2020, 01:55 PM   #12
Kube
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Tone DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
You'd have to have a LOT of time available to pick up Mod shifts through the week. Do you realize every post has to be reviewed by one of the Mod's? Thankless task, for which I say "thank you".
I say "thank you" as well. The more I'm on this forum, the more I'm coming to appreciate just how great of a job the moderators do to facilitate smooth community operations contrasted to some of the other forums I've been on.
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 02:05 PM   #13
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
One does not simply "become" a moderator, Tom. It takes years of selection, training and abstinence.

Seriously, before Tim, was me in 2015, and then I think Ken about five years before that.
One out of three wasn’t bad for you Adam.......

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 10:01 PM   #14
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
While we would all like to think that the moderator selection process is a civilized and thorough examination of the applicant’s finer qualities, in truth the process is more akin the a no holes barred Hunger Games contest. And the tests are brutal. While this secret society remains shrouded in mystery, we have been able to identify three of the more grueling tests every applicant faces.

1. The Accuracy Test. First you are stripped of your watch, blind folded, dropped off at a secret location in Geneve and then asked to guess the correct time. Under current TRF standards your answers must be -2/+2. The test is repeated in five positions. Rumor has it that Adam had to retake one of the positions. But lips are sealed as to which one.

2. The GMT BLOR Variant Test. You must able to tell the difference between a Mark I, II, and III bezel. This is the only test where you have a right to appeal. Padi is the final arbiter.

3. The Tutu Test. This is the one that separates the wheat from the chaff. You would be surprised at the number of high posters who do not have the legs to carry off a tutu. TRF lure is that Tim holds the highest Tutu Test score in TRF history and a that a slightly airbrushed picture of the same lines the fabled Rolex corridor outside the Managing Director’s Office at Rolex HQ in Geneve.

Stay safe.

Last edited by mountainjogger; 25 July 2020 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: typo
mountainjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 10:15 PM   #15
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
^^^^ Well done M J
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 11:35 PM   #16
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
While we would all like to think that the moderator selection process is a civilized and thorough examination of the applicant’s finer qualities, in truth the process is more akin the a no holes barred Hunger Games contest. And the tests are brutal. While this secret society remains shrouded in mystery, we have been able to identify three of the more grueling tests every applicant faces.

1. The Accuracy Test. First you are stripped of your watch, blind folded, dropped off at a secret location in Geneve and then asked to guess the correct time. Under current TRF standards your answers must be -2/+2. The test is repeated in five positions. Rumor has it that Adam had to retake one of the positions. But lips are sealed as to which one.

2. The GMT BLOR Variant Test. You must able to tell the difference between a Mark I, II, and III bezel. This is the only test where you have a right to appeal. Padi is the final arbiter.

3. The Tutu Test. This is the one that separates the wheat from the chaff. You would be surprised at the number of high posters who do not have the legs to carry off a tutu. TRF lure is that Tim holds the highest Tutu Test score in TRF history and a that a slightly airbrushed picture of the same lines the fabled Rolex corridor outside the Managing Director’s Office at Rolex HQ in Geneve.

Stay safe.
I always knew it was more than just the toss of a coin.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 03:31 AM   #17
Tools

Watch: GMT's
You can buy a nomination. We accept anything 5 figures and above.

No guarantees though.
Old 26 July 2020, 03:38 AM   #18
Bruce_Wayne
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV Z-Blue
There is a two year waitlist...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce_Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 07:23 AM   #19
cop414

Watch: 14060M
Quote:

Stay safe.
Did someone say tutu, how did this get out
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C66A59E5-9BEA-46E7-9B36-BD06D0B5A974.jpeg (124.3 KB, 189 views)

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 03:47 AM   #20
Chewbacca
Banned

For the last time, NO!
Old 27 July 2020, 04:41 AM   #21
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

Stay safe.
Damn, I’m disqualified based on #2 ... I don’t believe the myth
I’d be up for #1 and #3 though
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 11:59 PM   #22
Chewbacca
Banned

No! Stop asking me!!
Old 31 July 2020, 12:23 AM   #23
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne View Post

^^^ Mic drop!
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 07:35 PM   #24
mailman

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne View Post

That's just to get on the waitlist
Old 4 August 2020, 08:03 AM   #25
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

TRF moderator means PIMP status obtained. If you have to ask your just not there yet
gwozhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2020, 09:10 PM   #26
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Becoming a Moderator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote