The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 15 September 2008, 12:17 AM   #1
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Gmt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...20297898605End

Mr. Hess is up to his "sly like a fox" tricks again on ebay. For those that don't know, Hess co-authored a book on Rolex and prides himself on his knowledge of the brand. Check out this GMT on ebay he is selling.

Although the auction details the watch quite nicely - states that the GMT received a new crystal and being well oiled - he leaves out one detail on a major component of the watch and is quite obvious in the photos. (The watch is also incorrectly listed as a 16570 - it should be 16750.)

Anyhow, check the auction and be prepared to spend another $1000 to get this GMT "vintage correct."

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 15 September 2008, 12:43 AM   #2
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
....needs TERRYNIZATION...

....this supposed 100% GENUINE does NOT have a 20mm band. It appears to have a 18mm or 19mm band with MIS-MATCHED endpieces.

....this seller has tried to do this, from time to time, and you have to be careful with them, just like astorlive.

....FRANKENWATCH, at best.

....needs TERRYNIZATION.

Stan.
Old 15 September 2008, 02:00 AM   #3
onkyo
Banned

Q: Mr. Hess why so nonrevealing about the incorrect band on that watch. I, as well as others, are getting more disappointed with your auctions. For a guy that wrote a book on Rolex, you'd think you'd have more integrity. The band is a substatial part and value for the watch. This band doesn't even appear to fit the watch. Looks like 19mm's. George Sep-12-08
A: Hello, Mr. Hess has little to do with ebay. Katrina Hess runs ebay for Hess Fine Art. We will be glad to send you concerns to Mr. Hess. His email address is watchdude@aol.com Please do not call into question our integrity. The Hesses insist that we take a multitude of pictures and we stand behind everything we sell and give a full return privilege for those who are unhappy with Rolex Auctions. And for the record, the band is minor making up less than 10 percent of the value of the watch. Hope this helps.
Old 15 September 2008, 02:17 AM   #4
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...well done...

The 16750 needs to be terrynated...!
Old 15 September 2008, 03:22 AM   #5
springer
2024 Pledge Member

I believe from their response that an attitude of "what they don't know won't hurt them" is the order of the day. But, if a buyer finds out something isn't right, they'll give them a refund.

How about the poor guy that buys a fake Rolex, then trys to dump it on ebay and tells the bidders that it comes with a 100% money-back guararantee. Basically the same sales pitch, although this is an extreme example, the principle is the same.

This GMT has an 18mm band, totally incorrect for the watch. But the seller is quick to point out it is oiled and has new crystal - which probably cost no more than $100 by any competent watchmaker. A replacement band will cost around $1000, which is about 20% of the watch value - not 10% as reported in the auction Q & A section.

Personally, I don't care to do business with somebody like this, especially someone that knows better. Like Stan said earlier, this seller is not unlike Astrolive, you have to catch them first before they offer the refund.

WATCHOUT for this seller and this watch.

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 15 September 2008, 03:44 AM   #6
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
to be fair everyone-I know jeff,his shop is just a mile from my house,and he honestly does not deal in any way with the auction side of their business.I will personally bring this matter to his attention and see what says.
Old 15 September 2008, 04:01 AM   #7
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Steve, maybe he needs to offer you a job, as somebody there isn't doing him or his reputation any good. This isn't his first auction!!!!!!!

Old 15 September 2008, 05:51 AM   #8
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
I reported the misrepresentation.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 15 September 2008, 09:25 PM   #9
Astroguy

Watch: GMT II
I also asked about the misfitting band and this was her answer.

"Hello,
The watch is being sold exactly as described with the band shown and
described in the auction. We made no claims as to whether the band
came with the watch from the factory as without papers there is no way
to tell what band came with the watch. To mention another band would
be construed s keyword spamming and not relevant to the auction as
stated by eBays rules.

Katrina Hess"

Old 15 September 2008, 09:55 PM   #10
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
I also asked about the misfitting band and this was her answer.

"Hello,
The watch is being sold exactly as described with the band shown and
described in the auction. We made no claims as to whether the band
came with the watch from the factory as without papers there is no way
to tell what band came with the watch. To mention another band would
be construed s keyword spamming and not relevant to the auction as
stated by eBays rules.

Katrina Hess"
Err buddies...that is the most absurd n ridiculous answer from anyone associating themselves with the watch business could offer...!
Old 15 September 2008, 11:59 PM   #11
moldowan

isn't jeff hess the president of ball watch USA???????????
Old 16 September 2008, 05:18 AM   #12
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...the watch listing is invalidated...by eBay!
Old 16 September 2008, 07:12 AM   #13
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post
Err buddies...the watch listing is invalidated...by eBay!
This watch has been professionally Terrynated.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 17 September 2008, 04:18 PM   #14
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Ball
hello

Mr. Hess is up to his "sly like a fox" tricks again on ebay. For those that don't know, Hess co-authored a book on Rolex and prides himself on his knowledge of the brand. Check out this GMT on ebay he is selling.

Although the auction details the watch quite nicely - states that the GMT received a new crystal and being well oiled - he leaves out one detail on a major component of the watch and is quite obvious in the photos. (The watch is also incorrectly listed as a 16570 - it should be 16750.)

Anyhow, check the auction and be prepared to spend another $1000 to get this GMT "vintage correct."

-----------------------------

Hello,

nice site you guys have here. Congrats!

I have been alerted to your site for quite a while and as an active member of that other big site T Z for 12 or 14 years and as moderator of the NAWCC wrist watch board, I always meant to "stop by".

Of late, I have received many emails about some good old internet slamming of my name on here and figured I better visit.

Again, nice site.

As noted in this thread, I have little to do with ebay. My wife Katrina runs the bay business and does a good job as well.

I rarely post on ebay at all. We have 7 full time posters and 4 part time. My wife actually posted that GMT and I thought she did a bang up job.

She did transpose the reference number but as she and I decided many many years ago, we pay for zillions of pics of every watch to help circumvent mistakes by posters. I was not "up to my sly tricks" (I am curious as to what this means..) as I was not involved in this.

We have always put up our watches in "as found" condition. sometimes we give them to one of our three watchmakers. (Two of them are Swiss trained and Rolex trained) for complete overhaul as was this one.

I guess I am "old school" in this respect and will continue to sell them in "As found" condition other than cleaning oiling and adjusting. And I must sheepishly admit that I have never heard the term "vintage correct".

Sometimes we sell them in TRUE as found condition, full of grime and dust and truly as is.

Apparently some of you have a keen interest in our business. So in the spirit of transparency, here are the facts. According to ebay, my wife has sold $317,255 worth of Rolex in the last 60 days with over 2073 bids and an average price of 4,287.23 with a sell through rate of 88.10%. only 3 of 84 Rolexes were returned.

People seem to be happy with their purchases and on most of them (those that are COA'd) we give a one year warranty. We also decided long ago to give a 3-day inspection and return privelege on all Rolexes.

We strive to make collectors happy and again, most of our customers come back time and time again. Most of our customers are Italian and Asian and most of them we have known a long time. But we welcome new customers and will make every attempt to make you guys happy.

If you have a problem, email me personally as I love talking about vintage Rolexes. (I get a lot of email so sometimes I am slow to answer...) I love to talk vintage and indeed, when I wrote the Rolex book with my colleague James, we missed three deadlines. We kept finding out "new stuff"!

Anyway, if you have a problem feel free to email me.

Cheers!
Jeff

And I must respectfully disagree with the writer above about the percentage of value on an old GMT. Many of my customers (believe it or not!) ask me to keep the band and to ship just the head to the country of their choice. Bands are more important these days for sure. But I remember taking cases of Daytona's and Exporers to Japan and Italy in the 80's and the first thing they did back then was take the bands off and put them on leather or gator straps! Seriously! Again, Old school....
Old 18 September 2008, 10:29 AM   #15
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Mr. Hess, your reply still doesn't change the facts or what occurred. There is still way too much deception by sellers on ebay and some of it comes from reputable sellers. It's great you have a thriving business, and nobody here is trying to change that. Most buyers looking for a vintage piece really expect that the watch is correct, unless something in the listing reads otherwise. Buyers of 40-year-old watches are collectors and expect the watch to be "vintage correct." If they just wanted a Rolex to keep time, they probably aren't buying vintage. It's nice this GMT was oiled and had the crystal replaced, but not mentioning the band was deceptive. No where in the listing does it state the band is 18mm or incorrect for the watch. Why would one expect otherwise, especially from your auction based on your expertise. I and others have seen questionable auctions from you in the past and the one listed here is a good example. Personally, I expected more but maybe I am wrong. I'll let the others make their own decisions based on your wife's emails and the wording in the listing as to whether the auction descriptions were deceptive.

I was originally contacted regarding this auction for an opinion and happily gave my opinion to the prospective buyer. I also thought it proper to place it here on the watchout section to alert potential buyers here. Many of us watching out for each other here have saved others from several dubious or fraudulent watch purchases.

The reason most of your customers don't want the bands is because of your large Italian market. They prefer leather straps to the original or stainless bands. That might be why none of them have mentioned this to you. I know several sellers that list the bands seperate from the head for this very reason. The Italians want the watch head, not the band.

I'd be more than happy to discuss this further thru the forums privite message system.

By the way, I have your book and found it very well done by both authors. All collectors should have one. Great job!!!

Old 18 September 2008, 10:50 AM   #16
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...like MANY of our forum mbrs, I TOO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Mr. Hess, your reply still doesn't change the facts or what occurred. There is still way too much deception by sellers on ebay and some of it comes from reputable sellers. It's great you have a thriving business, and nobody here is trying to change that. Most buyers looking for a vintage piece really expect that the watch is correct, unless something in the listing reads otherwise. It's nice this GMT was oiled and had the crystal replaced, but not mentioning the band was deceptive. No where in the listing does it state the band is 18mm or incorrect for the watch. Why would one expect otherwise, especially from your auction based on your experise. I and others have seen questionable auctions from you in the past and the one listed here is a good example. Personally, I expected more but maybe I am wrong. I'll let the others make their own decisions based on your wife's emails and the wording in the listing as to whether the auction descriptions were deceptive.

I was originally contacted regarding this auction for an opinion and happily gave my opinion to the prospective buyer. I also thought it proper to place it here on the watchout section to alert potential buyers here. Many of us watching out for each other here have saved others from several dubious or fraudulent watch purchases.

I'd be more than happy to discuss this further thru the forums privite message system.

By the way, I have your book and reference it often. Great job!!!
...have the great ref book, among many others, and refer to it often!! Great job Mr. Hess.

...however, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and talks like a duck...then, it is a duck, not withstanding your non-personal involvement in your eBay venue.

...I have also purchased several items from you over the years and will continue to do so. You do in fact have some good items go thru that appeals to me from time to time.

...our TRF forum, "WATCHOUT", is intended to make our readership a more informed crowd and alert mbrs to potential problems etc.

...I personally THANK YOU for your PARTICIPATION in this forum, but we stand on the fact that nothing was disclosed in the listing about the infirmity of the watch.

...our concerns here, are EXACTLY as Springer stated.

...I trust that you will CONTINUE to be a valued contributor in helping our community here on TRF be better informed.

Sincerely, Stan.
Old 18 September 2008, 11:23 AM   #17
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Oh well.

thanks for the kind words.

We did notice the nice threads about us elsewhere on the forum.

As to this auction, well, we will have to agree to disagree I guess.

The band was pictured very very well. The measurments of the band were clearly in there as well and listed as 18mm.

It was a genuine band.

The tenor of the thread was that we were somehow dishonest and ingenuous and up to "sly" tricks.

none of this is true.

My wife also had her name on the auction, not hiding behind avatars or anything.

Oh well.

I wish you all the best.

Jeff

And for the record, my wife and I perused ebay tonight and found a TON of way more vague ebay auctions that ours with way more ambigous or incomplete descriptions and/or pics. Oh well!
Old 18 September 2008, 12:53 PM   #18
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
I for one am glad that you finally stopped into our little corner of the world jeff.
I would like everyone to know that you and katrina (actually just katrina,but its your store as well)have helped me personally with several watches that where incorrect that I bought off of ebay,she went as far as to thoroughly inspect the watches and write letters to the heads of ebay security about the fraudulent sellers for me and to paypal so I could get my money back and even contacted the Rolex lawyers about one seller in particular who had sold many fakes to many different people,so I for one can vouch that you and your employees are dedicated to making sure people get what they pay for.about this watch being discussed I really didnt get the chance to see it,but I have to believe my colleagues that something was amiss about it but I am sure that if the customer wasnt happy with it that you guys would have made good,of that I am certain.
so before I get too long winded just wanted to say welcome to the forum and hopefully you will stick around and participate.
cheers,
steven mulholland
Old 18 September 2008, 02:35 PM   #19
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hess
And for the record, my wife and I perused ebay tonight and found a TON of way more vague ebay auctions that ours with way more ambigous or incomplete descriptions and/or pics. Oh well!
Err buddy Jeff Hess...please allow Orchi to welcome you n Mrs...to TRF n WatchOut forum...n Orchi for one would appreciate you spending your precious time to check in here if possible from time to time...to offer n share your immense expertise n valuable advises with everyone here.

Orchi has always held both you n your partner's name to the highest regards...n your book has not been stored in the shelves somewhere...but rather it's on Orchi's bedside drawer...(along with some vintage issues of Playboy Mags)...

Nevertheless...if Orchi may say so...like what they might say...2 wrongs don't make a right...

As a novice hobbyist on Vintage Rolex...Orchi is obligated n would like to stick true to the hobby or deals...as much as possible.

Orchi for one would expect the same from any eBay Seller...big or small...or from anyone n anywhere in the Internet.

Orchi has held back from buying quite a lot of watches n parts in eBay...n would continue to feel likewise simply whenever Orchi felt uncomfortable with the watches or descriptions being described in any eBay listings...by small or big Sellers...

As a Buyer's stand point...Orchi cannot afford to make any mistakes or be subjected to facing any potential trouble or hassles whenever Orchi wishes to buy from eBay or any other reputable Vintage markets websites available in the Internet...especially when Orchi is located deep in the Far East that is 1/2 way across the globe from USA for instance.

So unlike members like buddy Steve who may be located near to you...or elsewhere in the US...so they would have closer access to correspond with your store...or personally run to your store to get the right stuffs at a bargain or to settle some disputes if any...by online or otherwise...Orchi like many other eBay users located far n abroad would be put on difficult circumstances...should Orchi receives a controversial watch or items...

Therefore...if Orchi may suggest...n Orchi hopes to stress that no matter how trivial facts may be about the watch or items being listed...the relevant descriptions...not limited to the proper terms of sales or auctions...would have to be correct n explicit to reflect any shortcomings if any on the watch or items...

Pictures posted would have to be as complete n as sharp as possible...to reveal any defects or shortcomings that the watch or items may have...

For an example in here:-

There is a 16660 listed in eBay that Orchi has been watching since few days ago when it was 1st listed in eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230291043888

Orchi fired no less than 2 messages n emails asking questions about payments n wanting to see the pictures of the 93160 bracelet which is said to be included with the watch in the relevant listings...

Orchi has since received 2 or 3 replies from Hessfineauctions - the Seller...n Orchi was assured to see additional pictures would be posted at the bottom of the listing...

So Orchi waited for it...n waited until Orchi discovered the listing had ended abruptly...due to unknown reason...

Then Orchi discovered it was re-listed again subsequently...under a different listing ID...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mens-Rol...QQcmdZViewItem

But like the previous listing...there was no pictures of the bracelet being posted on the watch...apart from seeing few too many pics on caseback alone...which is a waste of resources if Orchi might comment on that...

Now Orchi is keen n dead serious about bidding for this watch...but seeing the uncertainties of the listings changes...n not seeing any pictures of the 93160 bracelet(said to be included)...how would you feel Orchi should preceed with this one...?

For your added infos...Orchi had been outbided on a couple of occasions on some of your watches listings...in the past.

n on some occasions Orchi shied away from bidding...due to discrepancies in Orchi's opinions about the relevant items...

To be frank about it...Orchi was put off by the disclaimer that the only risk or loss...any potential buyers might have would be the shipping costs to send the watch or items back to Hess if found to be questionable...or problematic...or something like that...

Now how about risks involved in shipping or exposure to mishandling...enroute back to Hess...?

How about the insurance costs...downtime n not to mention disappointment faced by 1st time buyers or repeated buyers alike...?

Therefore Orchi would like very much to hear what you would appropriately advise n accordingly to Orchi's concerns here...

Thanking you for the participation in this forum...n rest assured Orchi n the rest of the buddies here meant no malice or disrespect to your professional name n integrity...

Best regards
Orchi.
from Malaysia.
Old 18 September 2008, 08:14 PM   #20
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Orchi jumps to many conclusions.

Here is what happened:

We lost the band. We could not find it. We had many questions as to the band. So we took down the auction and relisted it. Not under a different ID. Why did you think it was listed under a different ID?

I relisted this one myself. And added pics of the band. BUt they did not show up for some reason. I have no idea why and did not know until this moment.

And no where did it ever say the kind of band it had anyway.

the band that it DOES have is s Submariner style band. this is the one that came with it.

This watch will bring very good money in spite of the band and the pics of the band will be added today.

you say it was ended abruptly for unknown reasons. Well, now you know. It was ended abruptly because the band pics were not included.

you have noted several things in your message that are not true or are half truths.

Please do not ascribe to malice, that which could more adequately be blamed on stupidity.

Our posters sometimes make stupid mistakes and we rush to fix them.

If you scroll down later today you will see the EXACT band as described in the EXACT auction you show above on the same EXACT seller ID. the pics simply did not show up.

We take great pains to show movement pics, numbers, macro closeups of dials and give a return privelege. FEW SELLERS DO THIS!

BTW, the reason we have the postage thing is in there is so that the many many people who buy Rolexes to wear them for a party or a weekend and then send them back will think twice before they do this.

I understand that there are many scam sellers on ebay. But we fight a different fight. That of scam buyers. And they are legion. you have no idea.

Good luck. And please re-read your message. It was relisted because the band was not described properly and the band pics did not show up. So we relisted it (on the SAME ID) with band descrpition and with pics. BUt the pics did not show up. so we will add them today.

Thanks.
Jeff
Old 19 September 2008, 12:48 AM   #21
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hess
Orchi jumps to many conclusions.

Here is what happened:

We lost the band. We could not find it. We had many questions as to the band.

So we took down the auction and relisted it. Not under a different ID. Why did you think it was listed under a different ID?

I relisted this one myself. And added pics of the band. BUt they did not show up for some reason. I have no idea why and did not know until this moment.

And no where did it ever say the kind of band it had anyway.

the band that it DOES have is s Submariner style band. this is the one that came with it.

This watch will bring very good money in spite of the band and the pics of the band will be added today.

you say it was ended abruptly for unknown reasons. Well, now you know. It was ended abruptly because the band pics were not included.

you have noted several things in your message that are not true or are half truths.

Please do not ascribe to malice, that which could more adequately be blamed on stupidity.

Our posters sometimes make stupid mistakes and we rush to fix them.

If you scroll down later today you will see the EXACT band as described in the EXACT auction you show above on the same EXACT seller ID. the pics simply did not show up.

We take great pains to show movement pics, numbers, macro closeups of dials and give a return privelege. FEW SELLERS DO THIS!

BTW, the reason we have the postage thing is in there is so that the many many people who buy Rolexes to wear them for a party or a weekend and then send them back will think twice before they do this.

I understand that there are many scam sellers on ebay. But we fight a different fight. That of scam buyers. And they are legion. you have no idea.

Good luck. And please re-read your message. It was relisted because the band was not described properly and the band pics did not show up. So we relisted it (on the SAME ID) with band descrpition and with pics. BUt the pics did not show up. so we will add them today.

Thanks.
Jeff
Err buddy Jeff Hess...thank you very much for your kind reply to Orchi's concerns...

With all due respects...Orchi begs to differ in opinions about your listings of the 16660 SD...if Orchi may say so here...

Orchi specifically mentioned the "listing ID" are different...it's not about the Seller's ID.

Here was the previous listing...Listing ID or Item No: 230291043888
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230291043888

n this here is the current listing...Listing ID or Item No: 230292318131
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mens-Rol...QQcmdZViewItem

Nevertheless...if Orchi may bring to your attention of your own listing(whether done by Paul or not...it's still the digital property of Hess)...which clearly says...

"# Description: This Vintage Mens Rolex Sea Dweller 16660 SS Divers Watch is beautiful. There is some spotting on the dial when viewed with a loupe, and some mild oxidation on the hands. It runs great, has an unusual dial, and comes with the original as found bracelet with all of its links. The GENUINE ROLEX band is only in fair condition as you can see and has 593 endpieces that we typically have seen on vintage Rolex Submariners."

Please consider the fact that your eBay listing of this watches reaches all corners of the world...where in most part of it...the Queen's English is not the main spoken or written language...

As a novice collector...please forgive that Orchi takes it to mean just that..." the watch comes with THE original as found bracelet with all its links."...n Orchi would thus come to an understanding that it might be THE original 93160 bracelet with full links...instead of the later sentence saying that it has 593 EL...n typically seen on vintage Rolex Submariners...which was rather confusing...

That was why Orchi had sent more than 2 emails to ask of the pictures to be posted in order to ascertain which type of bracelet actually comes with the watch...as NOT to invoke any misunderstandings later.

"Good luck. And please re-read your message. It was relisted because the band was not described properly and the band pics did not show up. So we relisted it (on the SAME ID) with band descrpition and with pics. BUt the pics did not show up. so we will add them today."

Further more...Orchi feels after reading your explanation about you having to pull down the previous listing of the watch...because the band was missing...n later you re-explained in a different manner that you had to re-list the watch because you could not get pictures to be posted in your current listing of the watch...

Please advise...have you found THE original bracelet to the watch...?

In addition to that...Hessfineauctions has more than 51,000 feedbacks in eBay history amongst its many impeccable credentials...

Orchi believes also...you would have accumulated rising nos. of sales to thousands of your clienteles which are located outside of USA...so please do consider that ALL n everyone of them started off as the 1st time customers of yours...

So please allow Orchi to plead for your re-consideration to the issuance of the following statement...which has been THE prerequisite of ALL of listing terms n descriptions...in the beginning of each n every one of your eBay listings...that would be synonymous to Hessfinautions only.

"HESSFINE's ROLEX SALES ARE GUARENTEED TO BE GENUINE. WE OFFER A 3 DAY INSPECTION ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE WATCH TO VERIFY AUTHENTICITY.

All you gamble is the postage!

For further protection you can pay by paypal (in domestic USA) or credit card! You know our reputation so bid with confidence!"

Buddy Jeff Hess...you would have many International clienteles n potentially many more 1st time buyers from all corners of the world like Orchi for instance...who would have to embrace other crucial risks far more than just POSTAGE charges alone...

1. There are Custom Import Duties/Taxes to be paid for most countries worldwide as with the USA...(with exception of few countries like Malaysia which is tax-free on importation of watches)
2. Absolute Costs incurred for double handling...shipping...insurance etc etc.
3. Disappointment n hassles associated with getting a problematic or questionable watches n items...in return for payments made in advance by wire transfer...
4. High Risks during transit due to mishandling or pilferage...
5. Inevitable n Unpleasant Disputes which might drag on for long period of time.
6. Potential losses in FOREX by bank to bank wire transfer (currency exchanges between banks)

Please also re-consider the following Return n Refund policies of Hessfineauctions...which are clearly spelled out in ALL of your eBay's listings...

# Returns

# We endeavor to accurately describe all items.

# All sales are final unless otherwise noted.

# You are buying a vintage or used item as is where is at the least possible dollars read the entire description and all terms enlarge the images and then make your determination.

# Returns are accepted only for items failing to meet the description or photographs not for buyers remorse.

# In the event substantially does not meet the description or images we must be notified of the error or damage within 3 days of delivery and the item must be posted back to us within 7 days of delivery with tracking.

# If we have made a substantial error we apologize and will be glad to refund your purchase price plus shipping for the item. We must be notified of the error within 3 days of delivery and the item must be posted back to us within 7 days of delivery with tracking.

# No returns accepted or price adjustments made for indications of wear, inclusions, flaws, brassing, or identifying characteristics that are visible in the photographs.

# Photographs are not edited.

# Items returned for buyers remorse or in condition other then sent, missing pieces or without papers or tags item was shipped with will be assessed a 20% restocking fee.

In here...Orchi has only sole intentions to address n discuss the certain issues of your listing descriptions...n terms of your auctions...

There is nothing personal...absolutely.

Last but not least...Orchi wishes to assure you sincerely that there is absolutely no malice on Orchi's part also...n if Orchi fails to be polite to you...

or if found to be lacking due respect for you...Orchi can assure you it was NOT intentional...n Orchi would not hesitate to tender an apology to you without reservation whatsoever...

Finally...Buddy Jeff Hess...you spoke about Orchi having no clues about scamming buyers...?

BUT that's perhaps Orchi fails to see the relevance here...

In eBay alone...you would agree with Orchi that...you have an impeccably solid history since its earliest beginning that could be impossible for others to surpass or even emulate by any other eBay members...

You would agree with Orchi that it has been somewhat of a reasonably good fruition in returns from your active participation in eBay auctions alone...since so many years now...

Surely you would agree with Orchi then...that IF the situation with Scamming Buyers as you so insinuate was really that lousy or horrible...many Sellers...not withstanding whether they may be good buddies or bad buddies in eBay...many would certainly NOT have survived thus far...at all.

Best regards
Orchi.
from Malaysia.
Old 19 September 2008, 06:04 AM   #22
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Orchi, Orchi, Orchi... I'm sure you've read all the posts here and all the responses. I think we're beating a dead horse , Jeff Hess doesn't "get it" and nobody here is going to change his opinion. I think we should put it to bed, and I for one will take his comments to heart next time I look at one of his listings. In the end, you just can't reason with an unreasonable person!!!!!!!!

Old 19 September 2008, 07:31 AM   #23
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Suit yourself.

Do not bid if you are not comfortable. Most people are.

My wife runs good clean auctions.

Have a good time on here.

Jeff
Old 19 September 2008, 09:34 AM   #24
Astroguy

Watch: GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
....My opinion..?

Buy only from your fellow TRFers.

There is nothing that Mr. X or what ever else their name is,
that your buddies right here at TRF can not get for you ......for less too.
I am definately a Rolex watch trading addict...I do declare...!!
Well said and I agree if not for Steve I may have never gotten my GMT II.
Old 19 September 2008, 03:05 PM   #25
Lol-x
Facilitator

This thread has run it's course.

Each is free to make up their own minds, some people just have to agree to disagree, but this is not the venue for further or heightened disputation.

You have each made your points, that is what this forum is about, remain respectful above all else, and if someone doesn't agree with you accept that too.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread