The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 February 2022, 01:57 AM   #1
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD JC, AP ROO FC
Emergency 3?

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked before I don’t often visit the breitling page these days.

My question is do you think we will see an Emergency 3?

I owned the original emergency for a number of years and then acquired the grey dial emergency 2 from new. Like many I found it a little too large even for my tastes ( I have a deep sea and AP ROO 44mm). Despite my migration to other watches and brands over the last 6 years I still have a hankering for an Emergency in the collection.

Anyone any thoughts or intel?

Chris
sullivan2829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 07:01 AM   #2
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Its such a niche product though. I would love for Breitling to continue to produce Emergency.

I wonder how many does Breitling actually sell every year?

btw, I do have multiple version of Emergency before and now have an Orbiter 3. I do love them, and I am not a pilot. LOL
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 10:50 PM   #3
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
Its such a niche product though. I would love for Breitling to continue to produce Emergency.

I wonder how many does Breitling actually sell every year?

btw, I do have multiple version of Emergency before and now have an Orbiter 3. I do love them, and I am not a pilot. LOL
I agree. The size and price for me has made it more of a niche watch. I note from the website they’ve stopped the variation on dial colours and now only offer the grey and night mission variants. I wonder whether they will be built to order in future?

I seem to remember reading that part of the reason for the case size was the battery and the amount of power required to get the signal up to the satellites? Let’s hope that with improvements in technology they can reduce that down, assuming of course they want to and can justify throwing money at it. It would be a shame if they stopped making it.
Old 28 February 2022, 11:58 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
If it was a more wearable size like 42mm (no idea if that’s possible) I would shell out 15-20k no doubt. It’s such a cool watch.
Old 2 March 2022, 02:56 AM   #5
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Love the Emergency. Had one sold it and now have had one in my collection the past few years. Benne having fun swapping out different Breitling rubber straps and just ordered a new style bracelet for it.

The new version to me is simply unwearable and I don’t have a small wrist. With most brands I’m usually a full bracelet.

A new more compact version would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 March 2022, 08:07 AM   #6
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Love the Emergency. Had one sold it and now have had one in my collection the past few years. Benne having fun swapping out different Breitling rubber straps and just ordered a new style bracelet for it.

The new version to me is simply unwearable and I don’t have a small wrist. With most brands I’m usually a full bracelet.

Looks great on you. The orange rubber works well. I had the same reference in the early 2000s.
Old 2 March 2022, 11:11 AM   #7
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan2829 View Post
Looks great on you. The orange rubber works well. I had the same reference in the early 2000s.

Thank you! I have the black, orange, & yellow straps. Also - have the black mesh which works really well. Just a fun piece.

Old 2 March 2022, 11:28 AM   #8
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post

Looks great!
Old 2 March 2022, 10:16 PM   #9
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I would definitely like a smaller version of the emergency. I think they could do it with today's technology.
In a 40 or 42mm size, I would be standing in line to buy one if Breitling did.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2022, 11:49 AM   #10
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
I love the Emergency too, and have been looking at it a lot recently. I tried on the Emergency 2 and thought it was actually very wearable due to how light it is. It’s so light it feels like a toy, and that’s on the bracelet. It wont pair well with a suit but I haven’t been wearing those in a while. I like large watches, and wear the DeepSea, 47mm Panerias, 48mm Breitlings. Yes this one is much larger and thicker, but its so cool and so rare. The thing I don’t understand is why the black color is $3k more? And wondering if it would scratch.
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2022, 12:02 PM   #11
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Old 4 March 2022, 07:18 AM   #12
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post

That is also my old reference. Seeing those pics makes me regret moving mine on. Looks great on you.
Old 4 March 2022, 07:52 AM   #13
Old Farmer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
well, there ya go, I didn't know they even existed.
Old Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2022, 03:02 PM   #14
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Ok, back to the OP’s original question, when will we see an Emergency 3? My AD told me he believes in 2023, but how the heck would he know, right? I hope its soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 13 December 2022, 03:33 AM   #15
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I've had a great appreciation for this watch ever since seeing it in a mid 2000s catalog and at an AD. A no nonsense, aviators watch. There's just something so cool to me about having a locator beacon on the wrist while flying or during other adventures.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 01:12 AM   #16
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Not sure when they will update to a 3 version, but they seem to be a very popular watch. I was at my AD's Christmas party last week and he told me he got 3 Emergencies in the first week of December and sold them all in a week.

"Nothing is to too beautiful, nothing is too expensive" Ettore Bugatti.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 11:53 AM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I’d still be down for a more compact emergency.
Old 17 December 2022, 01:47 AM   #18
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
I've had a great appreciation for this watch ever since seeing it in a mid 2000s catalog and at an AD. A no nonsense, aviators watch. There's just something so cool to me about having a locator beacon on the wrist while flying or during other adventures.

I totally agree, this is a special watch and one that I would definitely want to take with me if I went into the wild for an adventure. The only thing I wish Breitling would improve is the water resistance. I believe it’s only 50 meters so it limits one for using it on water/boat adventures, where an emergency beacon could be very useful.

Old 17 December 2022, 04:31 AM   #19
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
I love the idea of this watch but not the execution. I'm an engineer and I just love odd complications and technical achievements. I had the older emergency and was lucky enough to sell it before they stopped using that frequency.

I've tried on the new one and although I love big watches and even bigger ones the Emergency II just didn't feel right to me. It was light but somehow the lug shape just didn't fit me. It was very uncomfortable.

Then there's the battery. I mostly got rid of the old style because changing the battery is a PITA, even if you don't sent it back and have a 3rd party do it.

The new one is rechargeable. Great! Oh but you still need to send it back every few years to get a new battery anyways.... not great....

Maybe next time the Emergency 3 will be more appealing for me.
Old 4 January 2023, 05:04 AM   #20
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
Not sure when they will update to a 3 version, but they seem to be a very popular watch. I was at my AD's Christmas party last week and he told me he got 3 Emergencies in the first week of December and sold them all in a week.

That’s wild to me as everything I’ve ever heard and seen showed me the piece was a very slow mover - especially w the size.

Old 9 March 2023, 01:30 PM   #21
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Emergency 3?

Emergency admirers, this is nice article about the watch. The author asked for comments on the watch. I hope people comment positively with excitement and, I hope Breitling reads it! And continues to build this watch.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/is-b...mergency-line/

Old 17 March 2023, 07:27 AM   #22
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
Emergency admirers, this is nice article about the watch. The author asked for comments on the watch. I hope people comment positively with excitement and, I hope Breitling reads it! And continues to build this watch.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/is-b...mergency-line/

I have commented on there. Really good article. Chris Sullivan
Old 11 April 2023, 04:20 AM   #23
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I love the idea of this watch but not the execution. I'm an engineer and I just love odd complications and technical achievements. I had the older emergency and was lucky enough to sell it before they stopped using that frequency.

I've tried on the new one and although I love big watches and even bigger ones the Emergency II just didn't feel right to me. It was light but somehow the lug shape just didn't fit me. It was very uncomfortable.

Then there's the battery. I mostly got rid of the old style because changing the battery is a PITA, even if you don't sent it back and have a 3rd party do it.

The new one is rechargeable. Great! Oh but you still need to send it back every few years to get a new battery anyways.... not great....

Maybe next time the Emergency 3 will be more appealing for me.
I just DIY and battery change on my Emergency. Its not too too bad. But I understand its not for everyone. It was a fun job to change the batteries (for me).
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2024, 08:42 PM   #24
Patekfinder
"TRF" Member

Any news on an Emergenct 3?

Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2024, 04:34 AM   #25
Nono01
"TRF" Member

Apparently, Breitling is working on a new inhouse version of quartz movement that should be in new Aerospace/Emergency. It was meant to be launched in 2023, but it's pushed back. The only thing that's a bit concerned is the price. The current Emergency 2 in DLC costs 18.600€ and that's with the same ETA module as the Emergency 1
Old 25 January 2024, 08:28 AM   #26
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nono01 View Post
Apparently, Breitling is working on a new inhouse version of quartz movement that should be in new Aerospace/Emergency. It was meant to be launched in 2023, but it's pushed back. The only thing that's a bit concerned is the price. The current Emergency 2 in DLC costs 18.600€ and that's with the same ETA module as the Emergency 1
Interesting. Can I ask where you’ve heard this? Are you suggesting a completely new emergency? As per my original comments I think everyone liked the E2 size and cost aside.
Old 25 January 2024, 04:12 PM   #27
Nono01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan2829 View Post
Interesting. Can I ask where you’ve heard this? Are you suggesting a completely new emergency? As per my original comments I think everyone liked the E2 size and cost aside.
All the info is on breitling source forums. There is always a guy who knows a guy, and Georges Kern has said in some of his interviews that they are working ok inhouse quartz. The only logical thing is that they use it for Aerospace/Emergency

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 26 January 2024, 04:22 AM   #28
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

The real question is there any room to go smaller with current PLB technology, otherwise not sure I care if the quartz movement is in house.
Old 26 January 2024, 06:55 AM   #29
sullivan2829
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
The real question is there any room to go smaller with current PLB technology, otherwise not sure I care if the quartz movement is in house.
Completely agree
Old 6 March 2024, 12:07 PM   #30
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

I too agree. In fact, the current quartz that Breitling uses is super accurate. I don’t see how it can get any better, regardless of where it’s made.