Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 May 2023, 02:31 PM   #1
NYCWATCHCREW
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Hulk
NYC Collector Meetups

Hey All!

Its been quite sometime since I posted here. Back in 2018 I hosted my first collector event organized right here off TRF. It was a small dinner with six collectors in attendance at a local steakhouse on Long Island. Since our first event in 2018 we continued a monthly meetup cadence which continues to current day.

In 2019 we started to pickup a following and hosted our first large scale event sponsored by DSW at the Classic Car Club. We had 30 collectors in attendance and an incredible night filled with watches, collectors, and super cars. In March of 2020 we had our first collector gala at Morton Steakhouse in downtown NYC with over 70 collectors in attendance. We even had the opportunity to perform a live drawing of the TRF raffle during this event with notable fellow TRFers attending in person.

During the COVID-19 pandemic we had the incredible opportunity to engage collectors outside of the NYC area by inviting collectors to join us on monthly zoom calls. During these zoom calls we hosted notable experts and executives throughout the industry. Our notable guests included Ben Clymer from Hodinkee, Pierre Halimi from FP Journe, Max Busser from MB&F, Eric Ku from Ten Past, Eric Wind from Wind Vintage and Aurel Bacs from Phillips to name a few.

Following the COVID-19 pandemic we began engaging with most of the major brands to host collectors at their boutiques (in NYC) followed by our traditional collector dinners. The idea here was to have a good balance of brand interaction followed by collector interaction. Over the past two years we have partnered with Vacheron Constantin, FP Journe, Grand Seiko, Omega, IWC, Blancpain, Breguet, Breitling and Jaeger Le Coultre whom have all been very accommodating to our collector group. We also had the incredible opportunity to be featured in Revolution Magazine and had Wei Koh attend two of our event collaborations with IWC.

With all this being said, it has been very difficult to accommodate our current collector list which has grown significantly since our humble beginnings resulting in limited posts and event notifications through TRF. Despite this I still see tremendous value in bringing new collectors into the fold and incorporating new perspectives into our monthly meetups.

Please reach out if you'd like to attend an event and we can work to make it a reality. I appreciate all that TRF has done for our group and it remains at the core of our collector culture here at NYC Watch Crew.

Thanks!

~Robert
NYCWATCHCREW is offline   Reply With Quote