The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 June 2023, 03:36 PM   #61
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Any updates ~ what are people hearing for initial deliveries. What colors etc

Had a call yesterday with the local IWC boutique.
The black and white dial Ingenieurs are dispatched to the boutiques and are currently sold to customers. The aqua dial Ingenieur has not yet been sighted, but should be available from September.
The titanium model probably at the end of this year.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 06:39 PM   #62
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Any updates ~ what are people hearing for initial deliveries. What colors etc
Deliveries have started, there is at least a black one on WUS.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 10:24 PM   #63
fmc000
Banned

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/o.../post-56708759
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 02:26 AM   #64
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
a vvip here in Singapore got both the black and white variant
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 03:06 AM   #65
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
My IWC rep initially told me end of May. Late May she called and said there was a delay with Aqua and current projections are late June.
Ok, keep the intel coming fellas. I’m hoping for aqua mostly for the high polish bracelet parts. Getting little info out of my boutique, but that’s pretty common with new products. No1 knows anything and then suddenly it’s here and pay us
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2023, 05:49 PM   #66
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
I think both you guys are going at this from a very rational perspective, looking at what the tin says. And that’s fine. If you do that, of course an IWC would not contend with a Patek or an AP.

But if you go merely by the actual experience, that’s very different. What IWC has done here is looking at where the rubber really hits the road when you wear a watch. And for an IWC, like for any other industrial grade watch, be it a Rolex/Zenith/JLC/whatever, heck even for lower tier AP, that’s never really going to be the caseback. All the caseback ever does on these watches is show you what the advancements of CNC machining have been over the years. But none of it is truly pretty to look at until you reach the likes of a VC Traditionelle or a Lange Saxonia, and even there, things remain fairly basic.

Granted, when you select a watch as a watch nerd, you may be thinking about how the movement is made, how it’s finished, what complications it may bear, etc. etc.

But when the excitement of having a new watch has died down, or if you never were a watch nerd to begin with, you end up wearing certain watches the most that respond to an entirely different set of criteria.

And this is where the Royal Oak and the Nautilus excel. They a. feel great when you wear them, b. you can do anything in them, c. they work great as status symbols and d. they are very delicate designs visually, with an elegance and finesse that other watches which fulfill a. b. and c. above often lack, while other watches that also have d., for example the Octo Finissimo, lack in a. b. and/or c.

The new IWC is like the Nautilus and the Royal Oak in that way. It fulfills a. b. c. d. in a similar-ish fashion. Granted, at a lower level overall, but in a way where it costing 1/3 the price of the 5711/15202 seems more than fair.

None of the „peers“ like the Zenith or Breitling do that in any way that would come close. They feel more „blunt“ for the lack of a better term. The same is true for the older 2010ish rendition of the Ingenieur btw. So that’s not to denigrate any other brands in comparison to IWC.

So you have to choose, whether you want to wear something that feels less refined but that you know to have a slightly more meritous movement (albeit still industrial grade, it’s not like Zeniths were that pretty either), or something that feels quite amazing but where you‘ll be thankful the caseback is closed, so that you don’t have to look too closely at what’s inside.

And in many respects, that too is not too different from a Patek or an AP. If you elect to spend 39k on a steel watch with a very basic three hand movement over the fantastic watchmaking in a gold case that money would get you at Lange or Vacheron, just to name a few mainstream ones, you’re not doing it for the movement either. You’re doing it for how the thing looks and feels on your wrist.

I‘m confident that the more folks will experience this new Ingenieur, the more they’ll come to realize what it actually has to offer, and the greater success it will have.

The initial rush on it already points into that direction. I have, in my entire life, not seen as many people push into an IWC boutique at once, and especially not on a weekday. All of them wanted to see the exact same thing and all of them wanted to get on the list after trying it.
Ok, so I've still yet to see the IWC but have now tried on the Zenith. I see what you mean about the "bluntness" of the design. There isn't the same artistry to each little surface of the watch the way others have. Frankly, it feels a lot like I recall the Nautilus/RO feeling about 20ish years ago when I first sampled them. Particularly the bracelets (which were a little more delicate than today's).

Movement isn't PP level (from the quick view I got) but I like the star-integrated rotor; it's a nice touch.

Now will need to find an IWC to try on for a truer comparison.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2023, 09:33 AM   #67
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Why is there no micro adjuster like for the pilots?? Otherwise when I handled the samples, the build quality was superb. As has been mentioned, it felt super svelte and high quality.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 12:53 AM   #68
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
I finally got my Aqua dial and its really something special. The first thoughts were that this a gem of a watch. The proportions are very well done. The double AR coating has 0 glare at any angle. Which really makes a big difference. The bezel has 2 shiny parts and 2 brushed. The thinness is there yet it has a heft of a watch you'd think would be bigger. The finishing hits above the belt. Lastly the integrated bracelet design was done flawlessly. The edges flow so well and cohesively across the entire watch. Which adds to the already mentioned proportions. Im really really impressed by the beauty of this watch. Its truly a beautiful watch aesthetically.

mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 01:59 AM   #69
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
I finally got my Aqua dial and its really something special. The first thoughts were that this a gem of a watch. The proportions are very well done. The double AR coating has 0 glare at any angle. Which really makes a big difference. The bezel has 2 shiny parts and 2 brushed. The thinness is there yet it has a heft of a watch you'd think would be bigger. The finishing hits above the belt. Lastly the integrated bracelet design was done flawlessly. The edges flow so well and cohesively across the entire watch. Which adds to the already mentioned proportions. Im really really impressed by the beauty of this watch. Its truly a beautiful watch aesthetically.

Looks amazing. Enjoy it! I desperately want mine. Boutique not giving me much info to go on. I did get an email from iwc saying saying “your watch is being engineered”. Did those that got that email from iwc corporate get more emails before they got their watch?
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 03:41 AM   #70
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

My boutique didn’t get any details either. They reached out to IWC but couldnt get much information. I didn’t know, but I guess I registered to order the watch online and directly at the boutique. I had called IWC a couple times to see if they could provide an ETA. I must have gotten on to their direct order list. I also got the ‘your watch is being engineered’ email, but that was a couple months ago. I got a phone call from IWC telling my watch was on its way and to provide payment to proceed with delivery. Really out of the blue and couldn’t be more happier to say YES TAKE MY MONEY . Shipping was fast too, I got delivery like a week later.

I absolutely love the watch. 100% worth the wait. It hits above the belt. I would love to see them make a salmon dial version. Or maybe a time only maybe. I think they can expand on this design in so many ways. I’m excited to see what they come up with next. I’d like to see some colorful dials. The green is amazing. It changes to a shiny teal color in different lighting. Most of the time is a subdued blue/green. It’s unlike any color on I’ve seen on a watch. Definitely get on the list and check out this watch in person. It’s a stunner, you’ll be impressed
Old 28 November 2023, 11:09 AM   #71
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
My boutique didn’t get any details either. They reached out to IWC but couldnt get much information. I didn’t know, but I guess I registered to order the watch online and directly at the boutique. I had called IWC a couple times to see if they could provide an ETA. I must have gotten on to their direct order list. I also got the ‘your watch is being engineered’ email, but that was a couple months ago. I got a phone call from IWC telling my watch was on its way and to provide payment to proceed with delivery. Really out of the blue and couldn’t be more happier to say YES TAKE MY MONEY . Shipping was fast too, I got delivery like a week later.

I absolutely love the watch. 100% worth the wait. It hits above the belt. I would love to see them make a salmon dial version. Or maybe a time only maybe. I think they can expand on this design in so many ways. I’m excited to see what they come up with next. I’d like to see some colorful dials. The green is amazing. It changes to a shiny teal color in different lighting. Most of the time is a subdued blue/green. It’s unlike any color on I’ve seen on a watch. Definitely get on the list and check out this watch in person. It’s a stunner, you’ll be impressed

That’s amazing! What was the lead time between you calling IWC and you getting the watch?
Old 29 November 2023, 11:28 AM   #72
PinKchampagnE
"TRF" Member

I'd still choose a Laureato over the new Ingenieur.
PinKchampagnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2023, 10:23 AM   #73
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Damn you guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2023, 01:42 PM   #74
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
That’s amazing! What was the lead time between you calling IWC and you getting the watch?
I made the inquiry right after Watches and Wonders back in March/April. It was a long wait. I noticed other parts of the world getting deliveries much sooner then the USA. Honestly not too bad when you consider how long other watch brands and models lead times can be.
Old 8 December 2023, 12:50 PM   #75
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I walked into a boutique, they had a black one that they said was declined by someone who ordered it, I walked out with it. After paying for it.
Old 10 December 2023, 12:51 PM   #76
Inseconds99
"TRF" Member

Had been offered a black one 2 months ago from IWC concierge but declined. Knew I’d like the Aqua more and wanted to see them all before committing.

2 weeks ago I was offered the Aqua, I delayed my commitment until I saw them in person. Was finally able to view the Black and Aqua at the boutique yesterday.

Loved them both. They really were handsome, but the Aqua dial outclasses the black dial, it’s not close IMO. The bracelet is also miles better with polishing.

One question I failed to ask was about the bracelet. Without a micro-adjustment I am a bit concerned. My wrists swell all the time. I use it on my other watches constantly. Can anyone speak to what kind of bracelet adjustment exists to at least dial in the best fit possible?
Inseconds99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 05:56 AM   #77
ISWing
"TRF" Member

I originally had issues with the sizing but when I went back to IWC they changed one of the middle links that was spear which was larger than the previous one to give me a better fit.
ISWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 07:27 AM   #78
SpecialK888
"TRF" Member

There is micro adjust clasp rumoured to be due as a retrofit, Watch Advisor did a YT video on it, but I wouldn't go with that as spoils the beauty of the bracelet IMO. The bracelet has two sized links so you should be able to find a fit that works. The beauty of the design is that it is very easy to switch links yourself using the provided pin tool. Mine wears fine in winter but was tight in summer. My AD is waiting on a larger link for me so hopefully when next summer comes I'll be able to switch out one small to one large link to maintain a perfect fit all year round. I don't think sizing will be an issue provided the AD does come through with the larger link (although I understand that extra links may take some time).
SpecialK888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 05:02 PM   #79
nickorette
"TRF" Member

Incoming this week, ordered day of release. Getting them to wrap so I can put under the tree and open on Christmas
IWC: Portuguese Min. Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber RG, Vintage Pilot's, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G JLC: Reverso Classic, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox 50th, MUTM Enamel AP: 15450 Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, SM 321, CK 859 Cartier: Santos Medium, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 09:59 PM   #80
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
A word in support of the new IWC Ingenieur

I enjoy mine. A great bracelet and dial color to rotate with monochrome subs and Daytonas.
Old 12 December 2023, 11:59 PM   #81
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Great photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

I enjoy mine. A great bracelet and dial color to rotate with monochrome subs and Daytonas.
Enjoy it in good health!
Old 13 December 2023, 12:00 AM   #82
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

A great photo that captures the watch face color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

Enjoy in good health!
Old 15 December 2023, 07:56 PM   #83
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I tried on the black, white, and green today. Maybe it was the boutique lighting but I preferred the black and white. Now I just keep going back and forth on which dial color I would actually buy.
Old 15 December 2023, 08:29 PM   #84
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I tried on the white on a previous day…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfury View Post
I tried on the black, white, and green today. Maybe it was the boutique lighting but I preferred the black and white. Now I just keep going back and forth on which dial color I would actually buy.
Then tried the black and bought it. I’ve never seen the aqua in person, but I really like the black. Very readable.
Old 16 December 2023, 12:45 PM   #85
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Then tried the black and bought it. I’ve never seen the aqua in person, but I really like the black. Very readable.
I can see why some people like the aqua but it didn’t grab me in the same way. In the lighting I found the white dial to be more legible but I told the SA my preference would be for black since it is more classic. Who knows. Maybe I’ll change my mind and go for white instead lol. I’d like to see the titanium in person but I already know I won’t be buying it due to the price.
Old 18 December 2023, 03:39 PM   #86
WatchSphinx
"TRF" Member

I tried all 3 references of the Ingenieur. My take is:
- the quality and feel of the watch as well as fit on wrist is very impressive. I have a 6.75 wrist and it fits perfectly for me and is incredibly comfortable
- the aqua dial looks nice but I found only under specific light conditions.
- I did not like the polished center links on the aqua dial, I found that fully brushed is much better look (to me)
- The black dial looks great but the legibility was not best to me
- The white dial is stunning in person. The pictures I have seen online never do it justice. I had experienced the same with the Czapek Antarctique White Dial.

All in all, I purchased the white dial and I am very happy with it. Tried to show the depth of the dial in the pic attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2037.jpg (259.3 KB, 142 views)
WatchSphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 04:23 PM   #87
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchSphinx View Post
I tried all 3 references of the Ingenieur. My take is:
- the quality and feel of the watch as well as fit on wrist is very impressive. I have a 6.75 wrist and it fits perfectly for me and is incredibly comfortable
- the aqua dial looks nice but I found only under specific light conditions.
- I did not like the polished center links on the aqua dial, I found that fully brushed is much better look (to me)
- The black dial looks great but the legibility was not best to me
- The white dial is stunning in person. The pictures I have seen online never do it justice. I had experienced the same with the Czapek Antarctique White Dial.

All in all, I purchased the white dial and I am very happy with it. Tried to show the depth of the dial in the pic attached.
Enjoy your watch! Cannot really go wrong with the colors. They all look good ( have not seen Aqua in person).
Old 18 December 2023, 04:41 PM   #88
cal14
"TRF" Member

IRL the white dial really stood out to me too. Went in excited about the aqua but not sure about the polished center links either…
cal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 04:46 PM   #89
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Nothing wrong with the current model but… 3227-01 is wayyyy better than the latest version..
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 11:28 PM   #90
yetione
"TRF" Member

Just had a rather big week .... I've been on the list for the Aqua since release day, and just got the call that I could pay in full to reserve an allocation by April 2024. BUT - I also got a call for the VTNR GMT Master 2 last week (which I bought, of course)

I'm feeling a little heavy on green in the collection. Would anyone here actually sell a GMT Master 2 for the new Ingenieur?
yetione is offline   Reply With Quote