The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 June 2023, 05:30 PM   #31
lifeback88
Banned

The PAM for dinner and no one has regretted waking up next to the Rolex for Breakfast.
lifeback88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 09:03 PM   #32
Yobber76
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
I like the dial styles, and colors. However, size, and crown guard protector turn me off. For those who have both, a Rolex, and a Panerai, how often do wear the Panerai over the Rolex?
I thought like this also, from afar I liked the retro style of Panerai, but thought the size was too big, the crown guard odd and cumbersome.
Then one day something clicked with them, and I bought a PAM 915. Since then, it has displaced all of my other watches, I occassionally wear a Rolex Sub.
I spend a lot of my watch time thinking about my next Panerai, (Brian's 690 is stunning). To me the size, dial, and crown guard set it apart from all other watches. It's a weird thing, once you get one, your hooked.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 07:44 PM   #33
vanderweisthe
"TRF" Member

I’ve got a modern Datejust 36 and a 45mm 8-day Radiomir. Wear the Datejust at work as it’s easier to clean with the bracelet and Panerai otherwise.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vanderweisthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 07:51 PM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by air993 View Post
LOVE the Radiomir. Which one is it?
If you’re referring to mine, it’s a 690
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2023, 02:24 AM   #35
Agamemnon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - Panerai
I don't know if I like more the Rolexes or the Panerai (I've never asked myself the question), but when I wear one of my Panerai I feel very satisfied.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 01:35 AM   #36
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
I like the dial styles, and colors. However, size, and crown guard protector turn me off. For those who have both, a Rolex, and a Panerai, how often do wear the Panerai over the Rolex?
If the crown guard protector turns you off then stay away from the Luminors. However, if size is an issue then Panerai is not for you. Whilst there are some relatively smaller references around, Panerai are supposed to be big and in yer face.

I have both Panerai and Rolex. I wear each one in turn on a three week rotation; I seldom break the sequence unless we’re going somewhere where a different reference is more appropriate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1552.jpeg (275.6 KB, 96 views)

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 01:41 AM   #37
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
If the crown guard protector turns you off then stay away from the Luminors. However, if size is an issue then Panerai is not for you. Whilst there are some relatively smaller references around, Panerai are supposed to be big and in yer face.

I have both Panerai and Rolex. I wear each one in turn on a three week rotation; I seldom break the sequence unless we’re going somewhere where a different reference is more appropriate.
Nice collection Paul
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 01:44 AM   #38
Cru Jones

Quote:

Ruuuuuuuuud! I've missed seeing these watches. What a great set. Thanks for the photo and good seeing you around.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 01:51 AM   #39
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
That’s a little bit like saying it was a good movie except for the story and the acting.

I too thought Panerai were too big and the crown guard looked goofy and uncomfortable but the large size on my smaller wrist is a benefit and I can’t feel the crown guard at all. I still think the crown guard is goofy but in a purely charming way that reflects the origin of the watch.

My Panerai are the most relaxing of all my watches because none of them hack or have a minute track. Consequently because I can never really set them precisely I never worry about accuracy. I’ve got Rolexes for that. I love both my Rolexes and my Panerai but my smiles per mile is higher with the Panerai.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 12:33 PM   #40
EdM1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB GMT RB
New Straps

The fresh look of the Panerai with new straps is part of what draws me to this watch brand. Here is the Luminor Due 647 and a Radiomir 547 with black and brown alligator straps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PaneraiStraps.jpg (221.0 KB, 79 views)
EdM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 08:35 PM   #41
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:

Such a perfect collection, a bit of everything for every occasion
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 09:37 PM   #42
StanCho
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM1 View Post
The fresh look of the Panerai with new straps is part of what draws me to this watch brand. Here is the Luminor Due 647 and a Radiomir 547 with black and brown alligator straps.
Can it be possible that the 45mm radiomir looks smaller than 44 mm luminor or is it just a matter of photo perspective?
StanCho is offline   Reply With Quote