The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 December 2019, 03:36 PM   #31
0-60
"TRF" Member

Love my Invicta pro diver as its the perfect travel watch for taking with me to places where one is not sure about safety levels etc....But yeah.... cheap and safe enough and dont have to care about it at all.

A lot of my friends saw it on my wrist once or twice and asked me to order them a piece when on sale for the same reason as above.
0-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2019, 03:44 PM   #32
singaporepatek
Banned

So why is Invicta hated so much?

Invicta is an embarrassment and speaks volumes about the people who would choose to wear it.

I don’t buy the whole “it’s cheap so I don’t mind if it gets lost etc”. So is Seiko, Timex, Gshock, other brands and you can still maintain your dignity.

Invicta is like 22” chrome hubcaps on your Honda.
singaporepatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2019, 03:49 PM   #33
0-60
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporepatek View Post
Invicta is an embarrassment and speaks volumes about the people who would choose to wear it.

I don’t buy the whole “it’s cheap so I don’t mind if it gets lost etc”. So is Seiko, Timex, Gshock, other brands and you can still maintain your dignity.

Invicta is like 22” chrome hubcaps on your Honda.
hahahahaha Judgy much?!
0-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 03:29 AM   #34
Saltzy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60 View Post
hahahahaha Judgy much?!
He's right.

Driving a Ferrari sends a certain statement to the world. That statement is 'I am an effing winner in life'. That is Rolex. I love this guy.

Not driving at all or just owning a beater that gets you where you need to be sends a certain statement to the world. That statement is 'I don't really care about cars or driving, and therefore don't own one or feel the need to have a nice one. Also, perfectly acceptable behavior.

Owning a nice Honda or Toyota or Lexus or Infiniti sends a certain message to the world. That message is 'I care about what car I drive, but I can't afford an expensive one, so I bought a nice respectable reliable one that does what I need it to do.' These are people with Seiko's, Timex, Casio on the low end and Breitling, Tag, Omega on the high end. Again, completely acceptable.

Owning an Invicta sends a certain message to the world. That message is 'I care enough to want a flashy watch on my wrist, or at least one that attracts attention, but not enough to actually save up for a nice one or one that will not fall apart inside of 5 years with daily wear. ' These are people that buy a used Civic for $10k and sink about $5k-$7k on rims and woofers into it to 'impress' people, instead of just buying a nice used car for $15k-$17k that would last longer and not be completely worthless to pretty much everyone else on Earth.

That is what people thumb their noses at and deem 'unacceptable'.
Saltzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 03:43 AM   #35
dmhines
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss / GMT II
LOL .. so much snobbery ... I have all kinds of watches .. see my Sig .. plus bunch of watches not in sig including Citizen, Movado, Timex, G-Shocks, Bulova's .. and a couple of Invicta's ... I never judge ... I just buy what I like ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6014.JPG (76.5 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9717.JPG (57.6 KB, 260 views)
Breitling SOH II - Brown 42 / Breitling 806 Re-Edition
dmhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 03:47 AM   #36
Saltzy
"TRF" Member

This is a Rolex forum.

Of course we are snobs!
Saltzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 07:55 PM   #37
janice&fred
Banned

Watch: all of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaydans View Post
Horrible gaudy crap. If I see someone wearing an Invicta it’s clear they are trying to make a statement but sadly the statement is they know next to nothing about a quality watch is. That being said it’s their money their choice so who are we to judge when we clamber after the Rolex brand and in some cases pay double retail for a wristwatch!!
you gotta point right there. at least the invicta-holics are blowing small change
janice&fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 08:31 PM   #38
skkali168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116689
Don’t hate them, bought my son a diver from amazon. Cost 80 bucks and works amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
skkali168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2019, 01:11 PM   #39
hawg
"TRF" Member

Bought a couple of divers 12 years ago with the intention of wearing and discarding when done working. problem is they are still running like day one.. Both automatics as well. Hmmm.
hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2019, 01:15 PM   #40
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
It's quite simple ... I hate watches that are made like pieces of crap. Invicta falls into that category. I don't judge anyone who wears them, I just have no patience for badly constructed timepieces.
Tridor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2019, 02:36 PM   #41
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
If I hadn't bought my Invicta 8926, which made realize that I could live with a mechanical watch after all those years of wearing quartz watches, I probably wouldn't have bought my first Rolex and own all the different mechanicals I now own.

I have no interest in the brand now, but for those folks who are into them, I say go for it, even if I now know that there are better choices for the money and I'm just as interested in inexpensive watches as I am in more expensive brands.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 12:07 AM   #42
hawg
"TRF" Member

I gave them a shot, and worked out well. Not daily wearers anymore, but i can say i had a couple of good ones. To non watch enthusiasts they liked them. I have a couple 50 year old bulovas i like to wear more now as well as seiko, and rolex.. Can't say i hate invicta, just not my style anymore. Wear what you like and don't worry about the haters. Always be haters, even when wearing expensive watches.
hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 02:52 AM   #43
DoxaDavid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
Don’t hate them, just not interested in them.
^^This!^^

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. " Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865
DoxaDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 03:38 AM   #44
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
I had a bunch of Invictas prior to buying my first real Swiss mechanical watch. A couple are autos with Chinese movements; the remainder are quartz. No real interest in wearing any unless I need a disposable watch for some purpose. They are all too large for my wrist and they look to wear me versus vice versa. Even the Rolex clones have no interest due to their being knock-offs. Just nothing in their manufacturing realm of interest.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 08:21 AM   #45
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

MSRP $2495, retail $349

Need we say more...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2020, 07:59 AM   #46
Gerry.GEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp1 Mk2
Sometimes I'll stop on the QVC channel when they are advertising. Occasionally, I'll see something that isn't so "goddy" but then I see it's 55mm and well, there goes any idea of how much I think the styling is interesting. The only watch I want on my wrist that's anywhere that big will be my ABC when I'm in the woods. That has a purpose, Invicta's that size have no purpose unless one's a pimp. IMHO. ;)
Gerry.GEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 01:52 PM   #47
singaporepatek
Banned

singaporepatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2020, 07:19 AM   #48
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

I have 5, but there's good reason. I bought 2, the first is a "coke" bezel diver with an omega style dial. I bought it because i'm disabled and very skinny, Invicta was the only brand i found at the time with a decent looking diver that had an extra removable link on each side therefore accommodating my skinny wrist! the diver i bought ($100) had a great seiko movement and a sapphire crystal. it's been in many water situations and never had a problem. i bought the 8926ob as an "open box" for $50 for some variety. i was then given 3 others by a forum member randomly which are just other diver styles as well. the large pieces are not my taste at all.

all this considered, rolex now has the same amount of removable links and the glidelock clasp. so my subC fits perfect!!! my invicta watches will now probably be worn only when i go somewhere i'd be uncomfortable taking my rolex... haven't decided where that might be yet though.

however, i do have to admit, i feel weird even considering wearing one now that i have my SubC... Like i'm cheating myself. I'm considering a hamilton as my backup or even a tudor.... but maybe i'm being snobby lol.

any thoughts?
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 11:30 AM   #49
landroverking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I bought a couple of three. Just don’t hold up.
Two Sub knockoffs and a Speedway.
I do have one of there chronograph chronometers and it’s a good watch.
But even as rare as it is no resale value.
landroverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 01:02 PM   #50
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
I don't hate Invicta at all. I'm glad Invicta exists, for entertainment value.

Useless trivia: invicta is also the species name of an invasive fire ant.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 01:44 PM   #51
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
Most of their designs are hideous & their customer service is terrible. I own a 8926OB Pro Diver that I purchased in 2006 that still works however you can see it is a nothing more than a cheap entry level automatic watch that copied the Submariner.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 02:56 PM   #52
Frogman
"TRF" Member

No offence but if you have to ask, im not sure its worth explaining to you.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2020, 04:40 PM   #53
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Because INVICTA watches are ugly.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 05:16 AM   #54
Pantheon
Banned

Watch: VC and AP
they're perfect for a young kid that can't really afford really expensive watches while still looking cool and flashy. Of course they do come out with designs that probably aren't appealing to everyone but their marketing strategy is pretty much to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Most people here on the forums aren't their target market and I think they're doing just fine without us
Pantheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 05:36 AM   #55
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
I bought my Sub date in 1985. I've spent about 3K having it serviced over the years.
It has many Scuba and Snorkeling outings under it's belt.

For fear of theft in some questionable locals, I bought a Invicta 200M Sub knock off. It cost about $50 delivered. It has never failed me, and if it ever does, I will buy another one for $50 and toss the first one in the trash.

I think I'd rater have more adventures and less service costs.

I'd also like to put my 2$ in and recommend Casio Duro as a fantastic dive watch. Remember it's the only watch Bill Gates wears.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 05:40 AM   #56
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
I’ve owned a few and they were all <$100 and the same style as a sub. They were my poor man’s sub. I never got one of them to last a year though.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 10:02 AM   #57
kimodaz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I’ve owned a few and they were all <$100 and the same style as a sub. They were my poor man’s sub. I never got one of them to last a year though.

I've been collecting watches for over 30 years, mostly high-end. I have owned an Invicta sub for over 25 years which cost under $100 and has a Miyota movement
I bought this watch to take to the beach, being in Hawaii surfing, diving, Etc. I never take a Rolex or higher-end watch in the water, I always take the Invicta. I wear it 2 to 5 times a week, have never had it serviced and it is still running just fine, keeping excellent time
I can't speak to the opinions about Invicta as related above, but my Invicta sub is a great watch and runs as well as any watch I've ever had. I've attached a picture taken today on my wrist

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
kimodaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 06:21 PM   #58
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimodaz View Post
I've been collecting watches for over 30 years, mostly high-end. I have owned an Invicta sub for over 25 years which cost under $100 and has a Miyota movement
I bought this watch to take to the beach, being in Hawaii surfing, diving, Etc. I never take a Rolex or higher-end watch in the water, I always take the Invicta. I wear it 2 to 5 times a week, have never had it serviced and it is still running just fine, keeping excellent time
I can't speak to the opinions about Invicta as related above, but my Invicta sub is a great watch and runs as well as any watch I've ever had. I've attached a picture taken today on my wrist

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Buy a lottery ticket. I stand by never having one last more than a year.

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 08:23 AM   #59
kimodaz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16750
invicta

Yea! I won a lottery Oh it was an Invicta lottery
Well it is the first lottery I ever won, so I won't complain.
When I was 20 I was so poor I couldn't afford to pay attention. But now after fifty years of hard work combined with good work ethics I'm old.
kimodaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2023, 05:45 AM   #60
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
Because INVICTA watches are ugly.
...add big and thick to the list. If you want a reliable watch for $100 - $150, I think you have better options, like a G Shock for instance.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote