The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 937 71.42%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 53 4.04%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 322 24.54%
Voters: 1312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 May 2021, 05:46 PM   #1171
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
You want to deliver a series of PR data (like below) in text form????



I'm not going to transfer text into tables and graphs, sorry.
In text form, ok
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 07:46 PM   #1172
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
Personal experience.
here are the results:
Measurements carried out at fully wound, lift angle 53
Dial up: Rate 0 s/d, amplitude 217, Beat Error 0.0 ms
Vertical 12: Rate -1 s/d, amplitude 173, Beat Error 0.5 ms
Vertical 6: Rate -8 s/d, amplitude 176, Beat Error 0.1 ms
Crown up: Rate -8 s/d, aplitude 172, Beat Error 0.6 ms
Crown down: Rate -4 s/d, amplitude 180, Beat Error 0.1 ms
Hope i have made a useful contribution like HiBoost did here
I do not understand your results because the definitions of the positions are not standard and mistakes can be easily made.

Vertical ?????

Can you please use the standard formats in the standard sequences for your data as it is much simpler to understand.

Are you measurung 4, 5 or 6 positions ?
We need the standard 5.
We do not use the 6th as it is of no use for calculations.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 07:49 PM   #1173
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
In text form, ok
You might find it simplest to either use some programm like Pages (Apple) or Excel (Microsoft).

There are more advanced programs that would bve even better if you have them.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 07:52 PM   #1174
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
Personal experience.
Do you think the LA is different depending on the age of a watch as it could possibly be something that has to be discovered depending on the date of movement production.
Originally the values were slightly higher and were brought down after a while. Could this be affecting your readings at all.
have you done any research on this effect at all.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 07:54 PM   #1175
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
In text form, ok
I do not think saxo33 wants it in text I think an xls or similar is simpler for everybody including you.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 08:04 PM   #1176
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
I do not think saxo33 wants it in text I think an xls or similar is simpler for everybody including you.
I understood
By text i meant an Excel grid
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 10:29 PM   #1177
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
You want to deliver a series of PR data (like below) in text form????
I'm not going to transfer text into tables and graphs, sorry.
I developed this Excel, there are some more columns because we have to use it also in Italy for other statistics. I have placed the columns that interest you next to each other so that if you need to, you can easily copy and paste them.


Foto 03-05-21, 13 52 14.jpg

If you agree, complete it and then I will send it to you by email
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 11:00 PM   #1178
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
I developed this Excel,
What Timegrapher do you use ? If it is a 1000 or 1900 did you use 50 Ohm to calibrate everything ?
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 12:23 AM   #1179
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
I developed this Excel, there are some more columns because we have to use it also in Italy for other statistics.
Thank you for the chart, which gave me a bad suprise.

I thought I would need to go and see my doctor as my eyes could not read. Everything is blurred.

Then I discovered that you probably did not enable the EFS (Excel Focus Stabilization).

Can you please do it again perhaps?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 01:18 AM   #1180
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Thank you for the chart, which gave me a bad suprise.

I thought I would need to go and see my doctor as my eyes could not read. Everything is blurred.

Then I discovered that you probably did not enable the EFS (Excel Focus Stabilization).

Can you please do it again perhaps?
I try to reload the photo, but i have problems with the resolution.
Can you send me your email address in private message?

If I can't upload it, i'll send you the Excel by e-mail
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 01:19 AM   #1181
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
What Timegrapher do you use ? If it is a 1000 or 1900 did you use 50 Ohm to calibrate everything ?
Use a Weishi 1900, i know they are factory calibrated and cannot be recalibrated
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 01:54 AM   #1182
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
I have a socket on the back of my Timegrapher. It says Calibration on it.


Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 02:12 AM   #1183
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803



Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 02:15 AM   #1184
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
I have a socket on the back of my Timegrapher. It says Calibration on it.


Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk
Even on mine.
If you tell me how to do it, i'm grateful
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 02:23 AM   #1185
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
On the Witschi it is done either back at the factory or you can DIY with a sat controlled receiver. They sell it separately
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 03:15 AM   #1186
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,392
32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
I try to reload the photo, but i have problems with the resolution.
Can you send me your email address in private message?

If I can't upload it, i'll send you the Excel by e-mail
I prefer you share your data directly here.
Either you upload a file or a screenshot.
Then everybody interested can have a look.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 05:41 AM   #1187
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
I prefer you share your data directly here.
Either you upload a file or a screenshot.
Then everybody interested can have a look.
Ok
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 05:54 AM   #1188
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
I have finally finished the first set of observations in the DU position of my 3135 movement.

This is my first of 5 lists.




Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 07:31 AM   #1189
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,392
Amplitude vs. Time for 3130, 3187, 3135 calibers

All data taken after full movement winding in dial up position

Sources:
Andad (post #347)
saxo3 (post #414)
Charles (post #1188)

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 07:36 AM   #1190
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
That was super fast doing a comparison graph. Thank you.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 01:51 PM   #1191
Guppy-1
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8
Hi AntoMeRolexPassion,

In #1155 you mentioned the following,
"The 31xx were lubricated piece by piece and with different oils, the 32xx undergo an industrial process. Some parts are lubricated by immersion and others by nebulization, with fewer types of oils".

It's quite hard for me to understand that lubrication can be achieved thru immersion or nebulization, unless you are talking about the application of epilame, a chemical that restricts the spreading of oil on metal surfaces so that it stays where it is. Without epilame being correctly applied, oil will dry out quicker causing issues.
Guppy-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 06:57 PM   #1192
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy-1 View Post
Hi AntoMeRolexPassion,

In #1155 you mentioned the following,
"The 31xx were lubricated piece by piece and with different oils, the 32xx undergo an industrial process. Some parts are lubricated by immersion and others by nebulization, with fewer types of oils".

It's quite hard for me to understand that lubrication can be achieved thru immersion or nebulization, unless you are talking about the application of epilame, a chemical that restricts the spreading of oil on metal surfaces so that it stays where it is. Without epilame being correctly applied, oil will dry out quicker causing issues.
Same for me.
What i said is what i was told by an official Rolex technician. How the procedure takes place i don't know, it is certainly plausible in relation to the fact that several users, opening the caseback, have seen parts such as the pivot of the balance wheel or the second wheel completely without oil.
In a subsequent post i also said that however the lubrication problem alone does not convince me personally.
It's probably something about the exhaust but Rolex is mysterious when it comes to communicating what service it does
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 07:26 PM   #1193
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy-1 View Post
talking about the application of epilame,
The Swiss horologicalgical industry has used an epilame for many years.
They used to favour a product called Moebius Fixodrop.
Not all watch manufactures used it at all though. Many did not think it was necessary.

A more modern substitute is Episurf Neo which is also more readily avaible. But again many watch manufactures dont like it's use either.

Trying to find out who used or uses what is virtually impossible though.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 07:27 PM   #1194
saxo3
"TRF" Member
 
saxo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: .
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
Same for me.
What i said is what i was told by an official Rolex technician. How the procedure takes place i don't know, it is certainly plausible in relation to the fact that several users, opening the caseback, have seen parts such as the pivot of the balance wheel or the second wheel completely without oil.
In a subsequent post i also said that however the lubrication problem alone does not convince me personally.
It's probably something about the exhaust but Rolex is mysterious when it comes to communicating what service it does
Rolex SA is extremely discrete w/o disclosing any internal details.

Many people don't like but I understand their communication policy.

I call that very professional and not mysterious.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 08:08 PM   #1195
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Rolex SA is extremely discrete w/o disclosing any internal details.

Many people don't like but I understand their communication policy.

I call that very professional and not mysterious.
Ok, i can understand that
But when i buy a watch it becomes my property and i believe i have the right to know what interventions are made to it
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 08:29 PM   #1196
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
Ok, i believe i have the right to know what interventions are made to it
Rolex will never agree with you.
Rolex as a company are non-stop looking at their movements both old, current and future.
On the current or recent movements if they find they have a problem they will just rectify it and advise their service centres of the problem and what to look for and if found what to do. That is only if the problem becomes frequently found.

They do not tell the watch owners ... If they did just imagine the panic of people to have their watch "Fixed" even if there was no problem. Chaos !

Rolex are an astonishlingly good company and have always managed to somehow keep all their information private to them.
I often wonder if one department even knows of the happenings of another department.

You can see how good they are at being secretive as every year new models are launched and every Rolex forum goes wild for a few months before with people guessing what will be released.
Its quite good fun to read all the guesses AFTER the announcement by Rolex as nobody gets it correct.

Even at Baselworld, I attended every year for 15 years, at the Rolex stand each new model was under a little cone hat so it could not be seen until 13:00 on the launch day. The hall opens at 12:00 but the unveiling was a grand and sometimes crazy event with everybody going Ahhhhh in shock. Thats when the secrets they have held are shown for the very first time.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 10:29 PM   #1197
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
i believe i have the right to know what interventions are made to it
If and ONLY IF you are paying for the improvements then you might have the right to know.

but if its Warranty or free work then I dont think you would be entitled to know.

If it is done during a paid for service, If you pay the standard fee for the service the standard work will be done and any extras may be done free and you would not know.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 07:04 AM   #1198
Dirt
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane
Watch: DSSD
Posts: 7,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
Ok, i can understand that
But when i buy a watch it becomes my property and i believe i have the right to know what interventions are made to it
One is simply left with the option of having to trust in the integrity of Rolex.
I do remember them advising me once of the fact they had changed a Spring bar during a full service many many years ago
That's the only thing I have ever had from them. The watch was used when I bought it, so I can only assume a Springbar was replaced with a non-genuine item at some point.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 07:45 AM   #1199
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
If and ONLY IF you are paying for the improvements then you might have the right to know.

but if its Warranty or free work then I dont think you would be entitled to know.
I could tell you that i paid for the watch...

I think this gives me the right to know what happens to an item I paid for...

Anyway, better return to topic
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2021, 08:26 AM   #1200
CharlesN
"TRF" Member
 
CharlesN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The UK
Watch: I love them all.
Posts: 1,803
Paying for the watch is another topic altogether and has no connection with service repairs or warranty etc.
__________________
Regards,
CharlesN
Member of the IWJG.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2023, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.