The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 24 March 2023, 04:28 PM   #1
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
1675 Bezel identification

Can anyone please identify this bezel for me? I’m not too clear on the various versions that there were and I want to find one the same as this:

I know that there is a fat don’t version and one with more rounded tops to the ‘4’s — but does this one have a name or a number?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 05:13 PM   #2
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

It’s a modern service insert.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 11:33 PM   #3
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Looks like a correct, original bezel. The bezel insert also looks original.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 12:47 AM   #4
XavierM
"TRF" Member

OP, are you talking about the bezel ? (Steel « ring » with teeth all around) or the Insert ? (Black in this case, Aluminium disc were GMT numbers are « printed »)
Old 25 March 2023, 03:32 AM   #5
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Looks like a correct, original bezel. The bezel insert also looks original.
A question JP. By original, do you mean an original service insert for this reference? It does not appear to be period correct for a 1675. The dial and hands also appear to be service items I would speculate given the "SWISS" at the bottom, instead of T SWISS T or SWISS T<25. Overall, I think it is a great looking GMT that probably has fully functional luminescence. Brushing looks coarse, but others can comment on that as I have no idea and the lighting may affect the image…

OP, JP (Springer) is the expert on GMTs so you can disregard my comments…
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 12:52 PM   #6
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
A question JP. By original, do you mean an original service insert for this reference? It does not appear to be period correct for a 1675. The dial and hands also appear to be service items I would speculate given the "SWISS" at the bottom, instead of T SWISS T or SWISS T<25. Overall, I think it is a great looking GMT that probably has fully functional luminescence. Brushing looks coarse, but others can comment on that as I have no idea and the lighting may affect the image…

OP, JP (Springer) is the expert on GMTs so you can disregard my comments…
I should have been more specific. Sorry for the confusion. While the bezel and bezel insert are genuine Rolex parts, the black insert is from the 1980s, therefore, while genuine, it would be considered a service replacement part for the OPs GMT 1675 which appears to have several service parts.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 05:03 PM   #7
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

1675 Bezel identification

Thank you for all of the helpful comments; and my apologies I should have spoken more carefully: I am looking for information on the bezel insert shown in the photo — which is of a watch I no-longer own.

I am trying to locate an insert of this type to replace the service Pepsi I have on a watch I’m thinking of picking up.

You are correct in that the watch on the photo has a service bezel insert (and bezel — and dial and handset).

I am struggling to find such a bezel insert (what I think is agreed to be a service insert) on eBay — the ones on offer seem to be either a fat font or faded. (I am specifically looking for the as-new look, as the watch hoping to pick up is a service watch).

Basically, I want to know what to look for, as there are many bezel variants and the style/font of the numbers changes throughout.

Would anyone have a part number for the ‘80s service bezel insert?

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
Old 25 March 2023, 06:11 PM   #8
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
thank you for all of the helpful comments; and my apologies i should have spoken more carefully: I am looking for information on the bezel insert shown in the photo — which is of a watch i no-longer own.

I am trying to locate an insert of this type to replace the service pepsi i have on a watch i’m thinking of picking up.

You are correct in that the watch on the photo has a service bezel insert (and bezel — and dial and handset).

I am struggling to find such a bezel insert (what i think is agreed to be a service insert) on ebay — the ones on offer seem to be either a fat font or faded. (i am specifically looking for the as-new look, as the watch hoping to pick up is a service watch).

Basically, i want to know what to look for, as there are many bezel variants and the style/font of the numbers changes throughout.

would anyone have a part number for the ‘80s service bezel insert?

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
315-16750-1
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 06:19 AM   #9
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
315-16750-1

Thank you! That’s perfect!

Old 26 March 2023, 10:07 AM   #10
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

You should be able to buy one from someone here on the forum. I have one myself purchased from a forum member. Happy to share in a PM.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 01:12 AM   #11
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks everyone! I’ve found both an insert and a clasp from someone on here now — just hoping the 1675 is still available!

Old 2 June 2023, 12:58 PM   #12
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Did you ever get the watch?
Old 2 June 2023, 05:10 PM   #13
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post
Did you ever get the watch?
I am still working on it, to be honest! I have just posted about parts availability this evening. I am hesitant to commit to a 1675 now that I can't get it serviced anywhere (RSC Canada are no-longer supporting the 15** movements).

John (Springer) has found me a black bezel, though, should I pick the watch up.

Old 2 June 2023, 09:16 PM   #14
Toronto Soup King
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016.
The 15xx movements are pretty durable and you'll be able to find independents who can do the work equally well. I'm surprised to hear RSC has stopped servicing though, they overhauled a 1018 and and 1803 for me in the last few years, no complaints except the breathtaking prices
Toronto Soup King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 05:50 AM   #15
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Soup King View Post
The 15xx movements are pretty durable and you'll be able to find independents who can do the work equally well. I'm surprised to hear RSC has stopped servicing though, they overhauled a 1018 and and 1803 for me in the last few years, no complaints except the breathtaking prices
My guy here says that the watch would need now to be sent to Geneva (with their elevated price structure and longer turn around) -- how it would cash out in reality were I to submit the watch, I don't know.

Do you know if your 1*** movements were serviced in Geneva or in your home country? I think this is a relatively recent shift for RSC 700 (Toronto), as my the watch has a 2021 service completed in Toronto.

Old 3 June 2023, 06:50 AM   #16
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Lots of independents down here in the states that would be able to get you sorted :)