The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 29 April 2023, 12:03 PM   #1
Pausuarez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Milgauss GV
Milgauss oysterclasp springloaded?

Hello,

My name is Pau, very nice to e-meet you all! First post ever :)
I was trying on my friends Milgauss the other day and I noticed that the oysterclasp felt loose. I asked him if his clasp was broken because I couldn't feel the characteristic spring action that my Milgauss GV has.

Mine is a 2018 GV and his is an older black dial non-GV. Does anyone know if the spring-loaded clasp is an upgrade Rolex introduced at some point? Any Fellow Milgauss owners here?
Pausuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 07:34 AM   #2
Pausuarez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckbear View Post
Curious about this as well!
I've watched literally every Milgauss video on YouTube and I can never tell 100%... in case you are interested, there is a Tim Mosso Watchbox review of the black non-GV on YT where it seems the clasp stays loose which would suggest there is an early version of the clasp that is not spring loaded.

(Can't post links yet, but its easy to find: "Rolex Milgauss 116400 review" from June 2020 on the watchbox reviews channel :)

Thoughts?
Old 7 May 2023, 05:15 AM   #3
mozchron
"TRF" Member

The older versions (white dial and black dial clear crystal) are NOT spring loaded. The newer GV versions (and the discontinued first gen modern Airking which shares the same) ARE spring loaded.

I ran into this when I first bought an black dial clear crystal Millie, I thought the clasp was broken (because I also had an Airking which had the spring). Took it to the AD and they had no idea one way or the other. I've now handled multiple examples of all of these and yes, the old ones have no spring, the newer GV ones do.

If you look the clasps are visibly different - here comparing the Z-Blue clasp with the white dial clasp:

m4-A8ov3a.jpg
mozchron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2023, 09:14 AM   #4
Pausuarez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozchron View Post
The older versions (white dial and black dial clear crystal) are NOT spring loaded. The newer GV versions (and the discontinued first gen modern Airking which shares the same) ARE spring loaded.

I ran into this when I first bought an black dial clear crystal Millie, I thought the clasp was broken (because I also had an Airking which had the spring). Took it to the AD and they had no idea one way or the other. I've now handled multiple examples of all of these and yes, the old ones have no spring, the newer GV ones do.

If you look the clasps are visibly different - here comparing the Z-Blue clasp with the white dial clasp:

Attachment 1365459
You Sir, are a legend! Exactly what I suspected but THAT's the million dollar picture :)

I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight! Thank you :)

Do you have both? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a black dial clear crystal Millie myself just to have both
Old 8 May 2023, 09:48 AM   #5
mozchron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pausuarez View Post

Do you have both? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a black dial clear crystal Millie myself just to have both
I have the white and the clear black (and the AirKing). The Z-Blue in the photo belongs to a friend (and was taken for precisely this issue).

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 7.52.16 PM.png
mozchron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2023, 08:21 PM   #6
Pausuarez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozchron View Post
I have the white and the clear black (and the AirKing). The Z-Blue in the photo belongs to a friend (and was taken for precisely this issue).

Attachment 1365630
Gosh, what a gorgeous collection! I will post a pic of the GV & Clear Black together when it arrives :)

I feel like it's quite an important piece of info for potential Milgauss buyers.

Thanks again