The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 June 2015, 09:02 AM   #181
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanawha View Post
I see people posting "ibtl" what does that stand for?
In Before The Lock
Old 13 June 2015, 09:07 AM   #182
rusty427
"TRF" Member

unique 116610LN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timir22 View Post
Thank you so much guys! I am sure that so many people can not be wrong! Watches necessarily shall open and tell what was inside. again, thank you all!
-....$ :-(

I am sorry to read that this has all gone horribly wrong for you. I can only imagine the utter disappointment you must be experiencing.
The feeling of being scammed is not a nice one. I do hope that you can find a resolution and move on.
Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rusty427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2015, 12:41 PM   #183
Mak2013
Banned

Watch: Rolex 14060M
Keep it open. This is so much better then your "is it safe","which watch I should buy", or "what discount fro AD I should expect"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mak2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2015, 05:05 PM   #184
tudorwatches
"TRF" Member

I don't understand why some people think the OP is fine but just got scammed !?! He bought from an AD PEOPLE. You don' t get scammed at an AD!
Common... i dare the OP to post good quality pics of the back with name in pic like i asked before..
tudorwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2015, 08:54 PM   #185
petereoin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,16610
OP bought it straight from an AD, he was an expert, he is always on the same street corner, he sells all of the high end watches for a fraction of the high street cost.
petereoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2015, 12:02 AM   #186
cht
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
must be some serious translation issues....

because no way HE purchased it from an AD. This would be a HUGE problem.

I can only assume that he THINKS it was originally purchased from an AD in Singapore, and then bought it from some other store that scammed him.

In any event, I am curious WHERE/WHO he bought it from and the RESOLUTION.
cht is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2015, 03:39 AM   #187
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
Ibtl............
Utterly speechless.
This guy has told so many different details/versions and now has himself totally wound around the axle. I for one really wanna see how this ends after he returns from the Russian AD.
We need a new sub section under "Watch Out" called "turd alert"
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2015, 04:44 AM   #188
mhl
"TRF" Member

cht is right, it's translation issues. The guy told his story fair and square on the Russian forum from the very beginning, nothing inconsistent about it. People there are a bit more sympathetic. He paid 5K for the watch to a private seller and got swindled
mhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2015, 08:13 AM   #189
59er
"TRF" Member

Watch: Moviga
Like so many things it is very hard to form an accurate opinion without all the facts.

Yes there are inconsistencies but with an electronic translator who knows what the facts really are.

I'm no expert so can't comment about the authenticity of the watch but the OP's intentions can't really be established given the translation issue.

Sounds like some guys are a touch too ready to assume BS without the facts.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2015, 11:44 AM   #190
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
I feel really sorry for anyone who has bought a fake good or bad. I still feel I could get caught out even buying from a dealer......If not a fake a franken or stolen. Probably why I have bought my last watch, it is always my fear if not buying fresh from an AD.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2015, 07:41 PM   #191
MisterStefan
"TRF" Member

Tough shit, but it's a clear fake.

...but, this is entertainment at it's finest!
MisterStefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 12:36 AM   #192
LazyDaniel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
no update from op?
LazyDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 02:41 AM   #193
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
"The topic has exhausted itself , closed."

Other forum Mod

looks like it was confirmed a fake. the OP can't find or contact the seller but it was bought privately, not at an AD.

lesson learned i suppose.

trade safely people. buy the seller.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 03:05 AM   #194
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I checked Russian forum, he bought it from some guy, brought a friend with his sub but they couldn't spot any differences between the two... sellers number isn't active anymore.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 05:44 AM   #195
crfsocal
"TRF" Member

Feel bad for the guy, he got scammed...

I hope this thread teaches new buyers to do their homework and buy the buyer as mentioned by many here...

If the person doesn't want to do their homework for a pre-owned... going to the AD would be their best route.
crfsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 04:20 PM   #196
59er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfsocal View Post
Feel bad for the guy, he got scammed...

I hope this thread teaches new buyers to do their homework and buy the buyer as mentioned by many here...

If the person doesn't want to do their homework for a pre-owned... going to the AD would be their best route.
Agreed but unless VERY expert it is particularly hard to spot things like non-genuine internal parts which won't become obvious until the next service.

I've been researching for a loooong time and my conclusion is that I will only be confident to buy new from the AD which is of course a touch more expensive but I'm betting the OP now wishes he paid that premium.
Old 15 June 2015, 08:12 PM   #197
jolimont
"TRF" Member

Watch: sundial
The pam98 is real i think,its got a bloody ugly gp movement and the first time i saw a 98 i thought it was fake watch
jolimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2015, 02:33 AM   #198
hunterp27
Banned

Watch: WG 18039 Day/Date
wow, a terrible ending to a story that was clear from the jump. the guy got scammed and came to the forum to have his worst fears confirmed. i gotta hand it to him for having the nuts to put it all out there on public display. clearly this could have been avoided if enough homework had been done pre-purchase. i feel bad for him and the many others that have been swindled by the ever improving replica market. hopefully threads like this one will keep some folks from taking the bait.
hunterp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2015, 04:30 AM   #199
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Interesting thread.
Enjoyable.
Wonder if there is an update since last post on 6/11 from OP.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2015, 07:31 PM   #200
59er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Interesting thread.
Enjoyable.
Wonder if there is an update since last post on 6/11 from OP.
I suspect that if the OP was indeed genuine which it now looks like he was, then he will feel totally disillusioned with both his Rolex purchase (ripoff) and the Rolex forum community given the treatment he was given here from some members.

I'm guessing there will be no Rolex in his future.

I'm relatively new in here and have rarely posted so have no real credibility but I do feel that some people are a little quick to make judgement before getting the full picture.

An all round totally disappointing experience for the OP.
Old 17 June 2015, 12:12 AM   #201
oldfox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
"The topic has exhausted itself , closed."

Other forum Mod

looks like it was confirmed a fake. the OP can't find or contact the seller but it was bought privately, not at an AD.

lesson learned i suppose.

trade safely people. buy the seller.

1. What does it mean - "buy the seller"?
2. Yep, fake, with assesment of one of mods of russian forum (mod is specialized on rolex) OP went to the autopsy and saw this http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...pswpoc0zne.jpg and this http://forum.watch.ru/attachment.php...5&d=1434191420
oldfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 12:42 AM   #202
Timir22
"TRF" Member

Dear Sirs! I do not hold grudges against you, thank you for the support, in this situation, my fault! I do not need pity. Yes I always loved only Panerai and eventually wanted to try Rolex attempt was unsuccessful ... But I will earn money and buy a Rolex!
the final story: I wrote a statement to the police and will be looking for this seller! The most interesting and 06.14 in the evening, on the internet shopping site reappeared like a Rolex! name and telephone number of the fraudster already had other! Unfortunately, he became suspicious and deleted ads and turned off the phone! but we find it necessary!
Timir22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 01:10 AM   #203
crfsocal
"TRF" Member

Hope they catch the guy, good luck

...if you have the chance give Rolex another try you won't regret it, just be more careful next time.
crfsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 01:19 AM   #204
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Best of luck to you Timur. Hope your next Rolex experience is a better one.
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 01:25 AM   #205
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Good to hear you're still positive Timur. Good luck, I hope you get him

Last edited by Cryten; 17 June 2015 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: Spelling. Auto correct doesn't like Timur's name.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 04:35 AM   #206
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dear Sirs! I do not hold grudges against you, thank you for the support, in this situation, my fault! I do not need pity. Yes I always loved only Panerai and eventually wanted to try Rolex attempt was unsuccessful ... But I will earn money and buy a Rolex!
the final story: I wrote a statement to the police and will be looking for this seller! The most interesting and 06.14 in the evening, on the internet shopping site reappeared like a Rolex! name and telephone number of the fraudster already had other! Unfortunately, he became suspicious and deleted ads and turned off the phone! but we find it necessary!
Good luck, Timur.

Glad you haven't sullied on Rolex and this site. A lot of long time posters here are quick to turn on posts like your OP because they have seen it all on here.

Best of luck on getting some money back, and saving for your Rolex.
Old 17 June 2015, 04:47 AM   #207
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Timur, wasn't it purchased from an AD? Why the need to "be looking for this seller"? Doesn't an AD have a storefront?
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2015, 05:25 AM   #208
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Timur, wasn't it purchased from an AD? Why the need to "be looking for this seller"? Doesn't an AD have a storefront?
No. It turned out the OP purchased the watch from a private individual whose ad he saw on line and met a coffee shop to make the exchange. The rest has been covered.

Certainly feel bad for the guy. As a lot of others have stated.."Buy the seller, then the watch"
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2015, 07:57 AM   #209
up2nogood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
I apologise for my earlier comments. I hope you can recover your money and enjoy a Rolex soon.
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2015, 07:14 PM   #210
Tarandy
"TRF" Member

Timir 22, so sad for you. Glad you Guys kept this thread going. The watch looked good to me until someone pointed out the view from the back and I compared to mine. However I'm very worried about my sub c now, is there anyone on here that comes recommended that I could private message a picture of mine to please. (I just want a honest real/fake opinion from a expert
Tarandy is offline   Reply With Quote