The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 March 2019, 12:04 PM   #61
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M, 16234
Another thing about Bobs that I learned (after I bought a watch from them) is that they claim every watch is serviced by a Rolex certified watchmaker, BUT will NOT guarantee the watch is accurate to COSC standards. In fact the man on the phone said that they will not guarantee any accuracy and that "no online pre-owned dealer will" I called because mine was only accurate to 6 seconds a day and I was shocked at this.
cptmike03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 12:41 PM   #62
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxtek View Post
I commented on your original post of when you were first in the process of purchasing this watch. I want to thank you again for posting your experience so that others can be warned. I'm so sorry that this turned out this way. I know the purchase experience was bad, but I was at least hoping that the end product would make it all worthwhile. It's sad when the whole process with them is cr@p from beginning to end!

Like I mentioned in your other thread, I was considering purchasing from Bob's before, but got turned off with the bad reviews. After reading your story, I know that I will never buy from Bob's! It's apparent that customer seing behind their product is secondary to trvice, representation of their product, and standhe money they make off you! Oh, I forgot to add in there that their packing and shipping skills are secondary too.

As others have mentioned, I would not let this one go. I would return and fight for your money back! So many wrongs here!
I’m glad my post was helpful.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:52 PM   #63
MinMay
Banned

Bob LOL.... People never learn.... One bad review is good enough for me to stay away....
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:03 PM   #64
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Have you considered an email to Paul Altieri directly to see if he is willing to make things right with you? It couldn't hurt either way. He will either show his integrity or his shadiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I

I do think if the rep at Bob’s doesn’t act honorably it reflects negatively upon Paul Altieri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
although one seems inactive.... i thought you couldn't have two user accounts?

https://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=43871
https://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=183624

If its the same person wouldn't it look like the second account was created to remove the association from Bobs watches? " Paul AT Bobs watches" becoming "Paul Watches"?

why else would you change your name?

I would like to know who i am buying a watch from. If its Bob's or whoever it should be clear. This isn't clear....if there is an association

I do not think it would be fair if i sold Bobs watches under my username and didn't make it clear that i worked for them.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:40 PM   #65
Pmt2
"TRF" Member

Only buy from DAVIDSW!
Pmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 11:12 PM   #66
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

If its the same person wouldn't it look like the second account was created to remove the association from Bobs watches? " Paul AT Bobs watches" becoming "Paul Watches"?

I would like to know who i am buying a watch from. If its Bob's or whoever it should be clear. This isn't clear....if there is an association

I do not think it would be fair if i sold Bobs watches under my username and didn't make it clear that i worked for them.
Great point, flag your response to a moderator and maybe then can answer and explain..
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 12:21 AM   #67
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

7 year difference between each account being registered. Sleeper account? Maybe there are others that aren't so blatant. The mods need to check IP's
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 12:24 AM   #68
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
7 year difference between each account being registered. Sleeper account? Maybe there are others that aren't so blatant. The mods need to check IP's
the bigger issue to me is the lack of transparency about who a seller is or who they represent... its bigger than just this one thing.

Take DSW who has a stellar reputation. It still wouldn't be right for Jerry of DSW to sell watches as " Jerrys watches" and not say the watches come from DSW. Its the same both ways, so im not picking on Bob's necessarily. All i am saying is a seller under an umbrella of another seller needs to disclose it.

when its compartmentalized then bad experiences with one dont bleed over into the other or vice versa. Bob's is not popular here, so its harder to sell here. Call it something different and maybe someone buys from the other named seller.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 24 March 2019, 01:05 AM   #69
Juantxo
Banned

Sadly, the Internet is infested with rats.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:59 AM   #70
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
Bob LOL.... People never learn.... One bad review is good enough for me to stay away....
Don’t forget: Bob’s = Paul. Same vendor.
Old 25 March 2019, 02:19 AM   #71
Lgear080
Banned

Why would you ever buy from someone with never accurate descriptions and photos? Ugh... seems like words are more important than actual photos.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 02:35 AM   #72
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmt2 View Post
Only buy from DAVIDSW!
Yeah! He has tons of great vintage pieces.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 05:30 AM   #73
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
Why would you ever buy from someone with never accurate descriptions and photos? Ugh... seems like words are more important than actual photos.
You're perfectly right. What can say...? Hey, cheers.
Old 25 March 2019, 05:43 AM   #74
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Why wouldn’t they consider a refund on an international sale? Just curious ...
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:10 AM   #75
Knappo 1307

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
Don’t forget: Bob’s = Paul. Same vendor.
Has there been any clarification on why they have 2 accounts on TRF?
Old 25 March 2019, 06:18 AM   #76
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Has there been any clarification on why they have 2 accounts on TRF?
Because Dealers get special favors,Anyone else would be banned by now.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 06:57 AM   #77
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
the fact i didn't know Paul and bobs was the same thing until this thread means its totally possible it isn't common knowledge.

Personally i don't care that they have a second dormant account that they dont use. The bigger issue like i said is that its a seller representing another seller and it appears to be an attempt to disguise the association otherwise why not just sell on TRF as "Bobs watches" or use the original user account of "paul at bobs watches"?
Old 25 March 2019, 07:49 AM   #78
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
the fact i didn't know Paul and bobs was the same thing until this thread means its totally possible it isn't common knowledge.

Personally i don't care that they have a second dormant account that they dont use. The bigger issue like i said is that its a seller representing another seller and it appears to be an attempt to disguise the association otherwise why not just sell on TRF as "Bobs watches" or use the original user account of "paul at bobs watches"?
Paul Altieri is the founder and CEO of Bob's watches. It is his company. Why they named it Bob's? Who knows? He is apparently doing well with his style of doing business and has a large valuable watch collection with some rare watches.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 09:40 AM   #79
Juantxo
Banned

This WatchOut corner is a true service to the community. Thank you.
Old 25 March 2019, 09:42 AM   #80
Andad

Watch: A few.
That is not good at all.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 09:47 AM   #81
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post

That is not the case at all.

On the other hand, some dealers provide favors to the forum like sponsoring giveaways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 10:11 AM   #82
sirC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
I have purchased 3 watches over the past 12 months. 2 of them came from Bobs. Both were received as described and the photos were 100% accurate. A SD 43 and a 31mm datejust for the wife. Both present "as new"/unworn.

I inspected both as soon as Fed Ex showed up. If they were not as described I would have sent them back and contacted Pay Pal.

I purchased from Bob's because he had them, the price was fair and they accept paypal. Both orders showed up the next day before 10AM.

FWIW- There is no way I would sell Bobs a watch. I can do better selling locally.

I read an article a few months ago that Paul bought the Bobs watches domain/biz name from "Bob".

If the photos on Bobs site did not show defects and the watch you received had defects-that is deceptive.
You are over seas- did customs open your package? I have never had a watch loose in a box show up at my door from any selller-EVER.
sirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 10:38 AM   #83
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirC View Post
I have purchased 3 watches over the past 12 months. 2 of them came from Bobs. Both were received as described and the photos were 100% accurate. A SD 43 and a 31mm datejust for the wife. Both present "as new"/unworn.

I inspected both as soon as Fed Ex showed up. If they were not as described I would have sent them back and contacted Pay Pal.

I purchased from Bob's because he had them, the price was fair and they accept paypal. Both orders showed up the next day before 10AM.

FWIW- There is no way I would sell Bobs a watch. I can do better selling locally.

I read an article a few months ago that Paul bought the Bobs watches domain/biz name from "Bob".

If the photos on Bobs site did not show defects and the watch you received had defects-that is deceptive.
You are over seas- did customs open your package? I have never had a watch loose in a box show up at my door from any selller-EVER.
No, customs did not open the package. At least where I live, the courier business is quite common, I’ve been dealing with my provider for over twenty years, and never have had a problem. The package arrived wrapped in a FedEx sealed plastic bag.

They, Bob’s, seem to use the same picture for several watches of the same reference. I certainly could not have noticed the overly polished bezel, for instance, from the pictures in the website. I did ask for the 16570 in best condition available, for which I paid $1000 more than the cost of the other two 16570 Polar available at the moment.
Old 25 March 2019, 10:55 AM   #84
sirC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
They, Bob’s, seem to use the same picture for several watches of the same reference. I certainly could not have noticed the overly polished bezel, for instance, from the pictures in the website. I did ask for the 16570 in best condition available, for which I paid $1000 more than the cost of the other two 16570 Polar available at the moment.
They DO NOT use the same photos. The gouges and scratches you show on the bezel would have been visible on their photos.

If you feel you were deceived, dispute the payment and send the watch back.
sirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 12:18 PM   #85
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirC View Post
They DO NOT use the same photos. The gouges and scratches you show on the bezel would have been visible on their photos.

If you feel you were deceived, dispute the payment and send the watch back.
If I had seen the poor condition of the watch in pictures I would obviously have looked somewhere else. That you prefer to be on the side of the vendor is a different matter.

Hey, all the best to you.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:48 PM   #86
mhassoldt
"TRF" Member

Bum deal. Thank you for the heads up. I've scoured their website many times. They are a short drive for me, so I likely would have headed down if I found anything I liked.
mhassoldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 04:34 PM   #87
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Paul Altieri is the founder and CEO of Bob's watches. It is his company. Why they named it Bob's? Who knows? He is apparently doing well with his style of doing business and has a large valuable watch collection with some rare watches.
except here where its rebranded as not bobs watches.
Old 25 March 2019, 11:37 PM   #88
Knappo 1307

Sorry, double post...
Old 26 March 2019, 07:30 AM   #89
digitalcrocodile
"TRF" Member

Wow. That sucks. I bought an Explorer from Bob's a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier with the purchase or the watch. Surely they will step up if you proceed with your case. If not, that is a very sad indictment of their business and should serve as a warning to members of this forum and the watch community at large.
digitalcrocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:59 AM   #90
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
If you're having trouble falling asleep, instead of counting sheep just say to yourself David good, Bob bad, David good, Bob bad, David good, Bob bad . . . . .
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote