The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 March 2019, 06:49 PM   #301
Behlim
"TRF" Member

good afternoon gentlemen,
is the 116710 LN discontinued? and will it go up in price?
Behlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:51 PM   #302
Schoen
"TRF" Member

Good question! I would suggest to read this topic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:59 PM   #303
jh225
"TRF" Member

Bought a mint full set LN last year from a TS. Haven’t worn it because I was going to get the PCL’s satin finished. I believe it’s just going to sit in the safe as is for a while longer.......
jh225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 07:07 PM   #304
Gert
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub, TT SubC LN
What about the 116718?
I read somewhere (maybe this thread) that 116718 is still showcased at the Rolex booth whereas the 116710 isn’t...
Gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 07:14 PM   #305
CCY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
None of the SS Rolex models are worth the asking / gray prices.
MSRP for me. Not a penny more.
But not everyone is in the position to get them that easily. Two weeks ago I dedicated a full Saturday here in Sweden to contacting and speaking to AD´s in order to get a GMT. I have no customer history with Rolex or a specific Rolex AD I have a relationship with. This is my first watch and first Rolex.

The general message was: "The waiting list is 2-3 years, in general we don´t accept new names but if we do, we want a 20% down payment."
CCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 08:00 PM   #306
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCY View Post
But not everyone is in the position to get them that easily. Two weeks ago I dedicated a full Saturday here in Sweden to contacting and speaking to AD´s in order to get a GMT. I have no customer history with Rolex or a specific Rolex AD I have a relationship with. This is my first watch and first Rolex.

The general message was: "The waiting list is 2-3 years, in general we don´t accept new names but if we do, we want a 20% down payment."
Agreed, it's not easy but it's not impossible either. You did your research and leg work and it could have paid off. It actually did for many.
As for that 20%, I'd seriously consider a refundable down payment, heck even a full payment in advance than having to jump through various hoops or do bundled deals, let alone paying 2xMSRP to the grays.
minute_man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 08:38 PM   #307
snypa
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Bluesy!
Quote:

I was very lucky in that I lost my only AD I had a relationship with as they closed recently. I enquired about the LN 2 weeks ago and was told 2 years for non customers.. explained my predicament, and also that the watch was a birth year piece for my 6 week old daughter, to pass down on her 21st birthday.
There and then he offered to let me have the next one as long as I am a serious buyer and happy they withhold the warranty card for 6 months!

Deposit paid yesterday and the watch is ready for collection next week, a very lucky day for me.

It did make me wonder was it the birth year thing thst swung it, or that I am new client garunteed to purchase more from them?

Keep trying as it can be done!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

"Time will continue to move forward, whether you choose to make something of it or not"
snypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 05:01 AM   #308
jillytime
"TRF" Member

My local AD has the two tone gmt green hand 116713 in stock.

I don't know I'll ever be able to get the 116710 anymore.

What are your thoughts in regards to two tone and resale value?
jillytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 05:38 AM   #309
avega357
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT's BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillytime View Post
My local AD has the two tone gmt green hand 116713 in stock.

I don't know I'll ever be able to get the 116710 anymore.

What are your thoughts in regards to two tone and resale value?

Not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
avega357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 08:01 AM   #310
Tick~Tock
"TRF" Member

Have these recent premiums arrived in the UK yet? On Chrono there are four LN''s under £7000.
Tick~Tock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 10:50 AM   #311
WhiskeyNovember
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Over the coming days, weeks and months people will realise more and more how important the reference 116710LN is/was. If you own this piece then congratulations and hold very tight!!!
WhiskeyNovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 10:52 AM   #312
Joebatters
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyNovember View Post
Over the coming days, weeks and months people will realise more and more how important the reference 116710LN is/was. If you own this piece then congratulations and hold very tight!!!

I decided I’ll keep it and have faith in my AD to get me the hulk

Joebatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 02:04 PM   #313
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:

It’s cause they don’t want to sell to flippers. Keep looking, you will find an AD willing to work with you. Also this hype will slow down inevitably so just hang on tight.

Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 03:28 PM   #314
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
I guess we can sell our LN’s for 15k.
The sky's the limit.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 05:56 PM   #315
Notto3055
"TRF" Member

Has the GMT LN bubble burst ?

This one just reduced from £12.5k to £9,999.00 ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153427255054
Notto3055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 09:05 PM   #316
WhiskeyNovember
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notto3055 View Post
Has the GMT LN bubble burst ?

This one just reduced from £12.5k to £9,999.00 ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153427255054
No. It was overpriced at £12,500 - think the seller was just trying his luck. About right at 10k but I expect it will continue to steadily rise, especially so if completely retired with the all black bezel and doesn’t get reincarnated on jubilee with red accents in next year or two.
WhiskeyNovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 09:50 PM   #317
CCY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Was watching Austin Daniels yesterday on YT regarding the Asian market and the black GMT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISLFwT67eCc
CCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 10:14 PM   #318
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Was watching Austin Daniels yesterday on YT regarding the Asian market and the black GMT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISLFwT67eCc
I am not surprised that LN would be worth more than BLNR because LN is discontinued indefinitely but BLNR is continued in other form. This watch will be known as the green GMT.

Just few weeks ago, it could be easily found around MSRP. If you don't have one get on board quickly as LN pricing and availably for the LN is still reasonable.
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 10:40 PM   #319
PeterC4
"TRF" Member

As luck would have it

Two weeks ago I mentioned to my son that I would like a new SS Rolex model, a Sub or a GMT, but they were in short supply and I was not about to spend my time looking for one. Given he lived near our AD, I asked him to go in and inquire and make it known that if they receive one to let him know. Within a couple of weeks he called me on the weekend and said they had a few. This was last Sunday. He went in, bought me the LN GMT, at retail. There was a no-date sub there that I perhaps should have acquired - but didn't. He said it was uncanny. He witnessed a few people who were lucky enough to get there on time. One customer was clutching the display model they brought out and wouldn't let it go. He doubted there were any left by the time he left the store. I had no idea it was discontinued until the sales person told me on the phone. I would have to think Rolex will reinvigorate the black on black. I find it compliments a suit very well.
PeterC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 11:24 PM   #320
Nepats81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post
I am not surprised that LN would be worth more than BLNR because LN is discontinued indefinitely but BLNR is continued in other form. This watch will be known as the green GMT.

Just few weeks ago, it could be easily found around MSRP. If you don't have one get on board quickly as LN pricing and availably for the LN is still reasonable.
Green hand will never come back... wooildnt bd surprised of BlackBlackBlack was retired for a long time as welll
Nepats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 11:34 PM   #321
Schoen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepats81 View Post
Green hand will never come back... wooildnt bd surprised of BlackBlackBlack was retired for a long time as welll
I agree. I think the GMT was the 'next best' after de sub for most buyers. And with the batman and pepsi there is enough variation in SS GMT's.

Here in NL the LN's are selling fast. One grey dealer had 5 LN's with prices between EUR 9500 (used) and EUR 12500 (BNIB). All gone now. No idea if these watches are being bought by WIS or speculators.
Old 4 April 2019, 12:25 AM   #322
uncufunc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126613LB, 1501
Smart by Rolex to discontinue this watch, given that it was viewed as vastly less popular than the BLNR and BLRO. I don't think they'll bring it back on jubilee like they have with the Batman
uncufunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 01:11 AM   #323
Notto3055
"TRF" Member

A March 19 116710LN unworn just sold for £9350 on UK EBay so top prices have dropped since the post Basel initial frenzy.
Notto3055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 01:48 AM   #324
Kingfish01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyNovember View Post
Haha. You made me chuckle a little. What, 10 year production? Now people want it? I should have bought up all the Yugos for sale, I’d be a billionaire by now (under that logic)
Kingfish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 04:47 AM   #325
avega357
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT's BLNR
I am not shocked the prices have risen BUT THAT they have increased so fast

I am also not shocked by the price since it is worth but the speed has been shocking

avega357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 05:01 AM   #326
thepress83
"TRF" Member

The LN was my first Rolex buy about 11 years ago and I'll never sell the watch but it's interesting to see the demand spike only after Rolex discontinues it. Classic watch with a great profile and I'm proud to still wear mine daily.
thepress83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 06:46 AM   #327
WV2019
"TRF" Member

It will probably be re-released in the future with updated movement and SS jubilee bracelet like the BLRO and BLNR. Long wait list ahead.

WV2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 07:19 AM   #328
Halitosis
"TRF" Member

Watch: my angry dog
Posts have stated in other threads from AD sources that Rolex are differentiating the GMT from the Submariner and it wont be reintroduced with a single colour bezel. I also believe the green hand will not be seen again (unless a bi-colour bezel with a green half appears - that would be cool).
In terms of plain black sport models I think its beautiful and superior to the Sub as it sits better on the wrist with its slimmer back plate (not to mention the extra hand).
Halitosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 08:25 AM   #329
Schoen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish01 View Post
Haha. You made me chuckle a little. What, 10 year production? Now people want it? I should have bought up all the Yugos for sale, I’d be a billionaire by now (under that logic)
10 years (make it 12 years) is not a lot when you look at rolex history. The 5513 was is production over 25 years if i'm not mistaken. The 1675 for 21 years.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Old 6 April 2019, 08:29 AM   #330
RL777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
Posts have stated in other threads from AD sources that Rolex are differentiating the GMT from the Submariner and it wont be reintroduced with a single colour bezel. I also believe the green hand will not be seen again (unless a bi-colour bezel with a green half appears - that would be cool).
In terms of plain black sport models I think its beautiful and superior to the Sub as it sits better on the wrist with its slimmer back plate (not to mention the extra hand).
I think your right at least for the near future, I can see Rolex bringing it back but not for at least 3-5 years. Your bi-colour idea peaks my interest though.
RL777 is offline   Reply With Quote