The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 March 2019, 08:10 AM   #61
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudestew View Post
Wouldn’t wear a timex in Barcelona or Naples

Totally agree. Barcelona, Naples, and Madrid.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2019, 07:11 AM   #62
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Lol jesus christ. Gold with diamonds rolex asking if it will be noticeable. Probably the least subtle Rolex I've ever seen in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby81 View Post
Hello I am only after noticing this thread about Barcelona being so dangerous with professional pickpockets that can remove a Watch from your wrist without you knowing. In September I will be vacationing in the Costa Brava but will be flying into Barcelona before getting a coach to my destination. I use crutches but I will be only using the left one on my vacation because I will have to pull a case with my right hand. I wear my watch on the left wrist the one I’ll be using the crutch, I would imagine that this would make it a bit more difficult for someone to remove my watch without me knowing. I don’t think I will be in Barcelona very long I reckon it will be just off the Plane then getting the connecting coach. Has any TRF any advice that would be of benefit to me. This is the Rolex in question that I will be wearing, would it be very noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 05:13 AM   #63
Daimler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tag Heuer
sorry to hear, be ware in Europe here in Amsterdam 17 watches are stolen from the wrist by specialized criminals
Daimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:09 AM   #64
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

My wife and I met my friend at a restaurant one day who brought a close friend of his that was a magician.
The magician did a few tricks and stole the watch off the wrist of one of the people there.
He did show how he did it - much like Apollo did in the video.
What I started to understand is that each successive trick was based on an action performed in a previous trick. During an early trick he made someone make two fists and he grabbed their arms to bang their fists together. We may think it's showmanship but actually he's lifting the watch during that move for a later reveal.
One thing he did mention is the reason he didn't do that trick on me is because I was wearing a sub on a bracelet. It's much easier to identify someone with a strap watch in the group to lift for the trick.
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 02:42 PM   #65
Gepetto
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750 & 5513
Wow I"m very sorry to hear, that's terrible! I still wonder how a pickpocket can lift a watch with a bracelet...the leather strap is easy (well, easy for a criminal...).
Gepetto is offline   Reply With Quote