The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2019, 12:16 AM   #91
teo
"TRF" Member

The entry level for gmt now is batman and pepsi. Gmt will be more expensive to own in future.
teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:19 AM   #92
peterpl
Banned

They will bring back the black bezel 100%

It doesnt make sense to completely remove the LN from all SS/PM and TT options.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:25 AM   #93
teo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
They will bring back the black bezel 100%

It doesnt make sense to completely remove the LN from all SS/PM and TT options.
Yes they might bring back but people want the green hand and green wordings on dial.
teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:29 AM   #94
BLAUGRANA
"TRF" Member

I'm guessing prices will climb, yes?
BLAUGRANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:54 AM   #95
Lz4000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post
I'm guessing prices will climb, yes?
For sure.
Demand is high. Until now the high demand was served quite well. But now as supply is zero prices will go up. If demand picks up because the item is now scarce the prices will go up even further.

Happy times for LN owners
Lz4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:59 AM   #96
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
takuya has new GMT LN for $11K. LOL.

The grey market price gate is open on GMT LN.

Hi, Selling A Completely Brand New in Box & Beautiful 40MM Rolex 116710 GMT Master II Black Ceramic Bezel in Stainless Steel, Random Serial. Purchased from Rolex Authorized Dealer in 03.2019. Never Worn & Never Sized with Full Stickers Intact. Full Set & Under 5 Years Factory Warranty.

Complete Packages/Set (double boxes with sleeve, Bezel Protector, Rolex Green Tag, White Serial Numbers Tag), & Complete Manuals/Papers with Warranty Card has Rolex AD's Name Stamped & Dated on 03.2019. The Watch is Under Factory Warranty left.

Selling at ONLY $11,575 included Fedex Overnight Shipping in US with Full Insured. TRADES
jinikari01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 12:59 AM   #97
CCY
"TRF" Member

Should I pull the trigger in the grey market now(chrono24)?.........
CCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:01 AM   #98
fuuzoku
"TRF" Member

I can't see the black bezel not making a comeback in the future at some stage! There must be more people out there like me who purposefully chose the black as I didn't want anything coloured and I didn't want a submariner.
fuuzoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:01 AM   #99
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
It may be dead, but all of a sudden gray dealers will have dozens of them for sale and for double the price
Old 21 March 2019, 01:03 AM   #100
marcopolo05
"TRF" Member

This all jubilee SS lineup is complete nonsense.

Come on. Let people have their oyster. What was wrong with jubilee blro and oyster blnr?

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A6003 en utilisant Tapatalk
marcopolo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:03 AM   #101
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
It may be dead, but all of a sudden gray dealers will have dozens of them for sale and for double the price
Truth!
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:04 AM   #102
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
We need to start merging some threads... I swear I just read through a few of these...

Rolex forum and Rolex world:

2017 - LN is okay, but I rather have BLNR. It’s kind of boring, not popular. I need a discount.

2018 - LN is the best of the rest, I can’t get a Sub. All the SS prices shot up. Scramble, let’s get this cause it’s still an SS.

2019 - LN discontinued (likely only for this year). Omg! I want it. It was the best GMT ever. I’m so sad I missed out. Let me now start paying a premium on these.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:04 AM   #103
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many! 116718 GOLD
Rolex as a brand has gone to hell in a handbasket. All this speculation is just out of control.
Chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:04 AM   #104
CCY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCY View Post
Should I pull the trigger in the grey market now(chrono24)?.........
aaaand it has begun. the watch I had my eyes on is now listed 400 USD higher. 2016 model, full set, outstanding condition.
and there suddenly mutch more people viewing LN GMT´s on chrono.
Old 21 March 2019, 01:10 AM   #105
VegasMilgauss
"TRF" Member

You don't know what you've got till it's gone..
You can't always get what you want.
I'm a lyrics man
VegasMilgauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:14 AM   #106
morimotom
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Not being on the website does not necessarily mean a model is discontinued. In years past some models are removed during Basel week then are back up after a few days.
morimotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:15 AM   #107
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I am shocked by this. I just can't understand why Rolex would ONLY offer the GMT-Master II on Jubilee. It's a great option to have, but to completely remove the more standard Oyster seems like a mistake. As I have said in other threads, it am very happy to have my older BLNR now as it remains the only GMT model that has a bicolor ceramic bezel that comes on an Oyster bracelet. I am sure people will figure out ways to source Oyster bracelets for these newer models, but that's an additional cost.

I thought for sure that Rolex would at least re-tool the LN variation and maybe get rid of the anniversary green colors and replace it with white text on the dial and a red GMT hand.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:15 AM   #108
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
I had to sell my LN last year because of financial trouble. It was an easy choice because it was the right thing to do for my family, and it would have been easy to replace once I have play money again. Darn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:16 AM   #109
vandave
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz4000 View Post
For sure.
Demand is high. Until now the high demand was served quite well. But now as supply is zero prices will go up. If demand picks up because the item is now scarce the prices will go up even further.

Happy times for LN owners
How can prices not go up? Even though BLRO and BLNR are popular and have high demand amongst WIS, the LN was still the most sold model. Now that new supply is zero and the others are still in production, the LN has to go up in price. Just basic supply and demand.

The theory that they didn’t want it to overlap the Sub makes sense to me. If they increase BLRO and BLNR production, it all works out.

I’m sure it will come back in time, but Rolex moves slowly, so don’t hold your breath.
vandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:18 AM   #110
Colin G
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 214270
Bummer.

I've been waiting on a BLNR or even an LN since August. I checked back in with the dealer I use in Jan and he said changes are coming to the GMT line so they are scarce right now.

He was right.

I guess I'll walk to the back of the bus and start waiting again. I'm small potatoes so the chances of me getting a new one this year are very slim to none.
Colin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:21 AM   #111
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
I had to sell my LN last year because of financial trouble. It was an easy choice because it was the right thing to do for my family, and it would have been easy to replace once I have play money again. Darn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunate. But much love for doing what you had to do for your family. This is the one and only time you’ll hear me say, “It’s just a watch.” Godspeed.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:24 AM   #112
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
When a young vintage becomes a mature vintage.
Old 21 March 2019, 01:26 AM   #113
Houston77
"TRF" Member

I'll be honest, it makes complete sense to me. The sub has a black bezel on oyster. The GMT has a colorful dial on jubilee. Really differentiates the two watches.
Houston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:38 AM   #114
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
I'll be honest, it makes complete sense to me. The sub has a black bezel on oyster. The GMT has a colorful dial on jubilee. Really differentiates the two watches.
LN on a jubilee would've made sense and been different enough IMO. The GMT and Sub wear different and some people may not like the way a Sub wears.

Also, the knock-on impacts of discontinuing the only semi-attainable SS GMT will be to further lengthen BLRO and BLNR waitlists and grey prices. If you are an average person and want a SS GMT, you are basically screwed (unless you want to pay a giant premium).

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:38 AM   #115
Lz4000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
Nothing to add to this
Lz4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:40 AM   #116
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz4000 View Post
Nothing to add to this
I think the 24 hour hand differentiates the two.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:42 AM   #117
CCY
"TRF" Member

"Historical prices" on Chrono24 in USD for the LN, think 10k isn´t a wild idea within a year.

versus Batman...

Old 21 March 2019, 01:48 AM   #118
nicon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
We need to start merging some threads... I swear I just read through a few of these...

Rolex forum and Rolex world:

2017 - LN is okay, but I rather have BLNR. It’s kind of boring, not popular. I need a discount.

2018 - LN is the best of the rest, I can’t get a Sub. All the SS prices shot up. Scramble, let’s get this cause it’s still an SS.

2019 - LN discontinued (likely only for this year). Omg! I want it. It was the best GMT ever. I’m so sad I missed out. Let me now start paying a premium on these.
Exactly this. I don't know, but I see many Rolex buyers behave like hype beasts. They don't know what they really want, all they want is what is rare and "keeps value". Black bezel GMT was a dog in SS professional line, you could get them easily after short wait so nobody really talked about it. Now as you've said, there will be "Omg! I want it." all over the forums. Rolex market now is crap.
nicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:48 AM   #119
quakeroatmeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Watch
Does this mean the LN goes in the safe?
quakeroatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:55 AM   #120
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCY View Post
"Historical prices" on Chrono24 in USD for the LN, think 10k isn´t a wild idea within a year.

versus Batman...

Go look on eBay, current bids already over $10k. Considering that there are now only 2 SS GMTs, I can see prices sky rocket including for subs. The GMT and SUB were the only two you can somewhat wait for (6 months) or even get lucky and get it from a safe if someone pulls out or dealer likes you. No more. I guess genius move if they can up production on subs and also I see this boosting TT color ways for both GMT and Sub as now SS is even harder to get.

I also see this as a sign of things to come. People predicting black ceramic bezels in exp 2 and Milgauss, maybe not far off from that happening so one needs to think about this: how many ss black ceramic bezel models can you have? Sub with and without date, Daytona, seadweller, and possibly some future iteration of a Milgauss or exp 2. If they pulled a black GMT it does make sense, if the goal is to differentiate the gmt as a different type of watch. But then again, who knows. Just a theory.
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote