The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 March 2019, 06:53 AM   #31
Crown & Shield
"TRF" Member

Yeah, thanks for nothing.
Crown & Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 01:12 PM   #32
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbottomcleats View Post
She knew at was looking at the brand and surprised me with it. Excellent question, I don't know if she'd mind if I used it to upgrade. I don't know how much it would help, it is in good condition and just had it serviced, but as a trade it I imagine I would not get much. Thoughts?

I tried on some pre owned 5 and 6 digit subs. I had gone through some threads and it probably gave me some pre conceived notions and exaggerated the differences in my mind, but I definitely liked the 5 better. I tried on a DJ and although it may seem boring in comparison I actually enjoyed it. This was all at a grey that had a double door security system, which again made me wonder why I can't just go into an AD and skip the Shady guy and the likely shotgun underneath the case.

Hope the picture attached!
If you do find another Rolex you like, I would try to sell the Air King as you will get more than if you trade.

Some like the 5, some the 6. You really liked the DJ??? I would focus on that! Its not boring at all. Its a very well made, comfortable, luxury watch with great guts.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 03:50 PM   #33
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
if it's a Rolex you've always desired, then a Rolex it shall be.

Good luck,
dP
Well said.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 11:46 PM   #34
redbottomcleats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
If you do find another Rolex you like, I would try to sell the Air King as you will get more than if you trade.

Some like the 5, some the 6. You really liked the DJ??? I would focus on that! Its not boring at all. Its a very well made, comfortable, luxury watch with great guts.
Interestingly enough, I still can't tell if Rolex is truly what I want. It just happened to be the first "luxury" brand I thought of. If anything, the lack of supply and AD exp. is a huge turn off. Although as some of you suggested, I will try a couple of different ADs as not all are the same. I agree once the economy turns we may all have our pick, and then some!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
redbottomcleats is offline   Reply With Quote