The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 19 March 2021, 12:20 AM   #1
RCSubD
Banned

Watch: 126610LN
To Tudor or not to Tudor

What are Breitling folk's ( I'm a Rolex nerd ) opinions on the B20 ( base Tudor MT5813 ) vs. the almighty B13 base Valjoux ( ETA now ) 7750 in the Superocean Heritage I and II chronographs? I have a gun blue "black eye" Superocean Heritage with the B13 and that thing is a beast. I'm wondering if there is much of a difference with the newer movement and if that difference hurts the value of my watch or whether it makes mine more valuable because they just aren't making them anymore. Like I said I'm not a Breitling guy but this one has always caught my eye so I finally broke down and bought one on Milanese Mesh and it's freekin' awesome. What are your thoughts on my watch in particular and which movement do you guys prefer?
RCSubD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2021, 12:51 AM   #2
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Well, B13 is a chronograph movement, B20 is a 3 hand. As far as value, Probably about the same in my opinion. Resale the B20 probably gains a little value.

If your referring to the B01 Breitling in house. There is no finer chronograph movement Period. everything a 4130 would like to be. A outstanding movement in every way.

Now 3 hand B13 vs B20. Value may go to the B20 just because it's in house. Personally I would rather have the B13. All of mine are more accurate the the B20 version and Half the factory cost to service. Just my experience. I don't agree in house is always better. It is developed so watch makers can secure parts in the future. Proof is on your wrist and the accuracy it keeps. Not in advertisements. It's a illusion at best.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2021, 07:13 AM   #3
toptiertimepieces
Banned

honestly, i like tudor better than breitling and omega. omega and breitling make way too many limited editions
toptiertimepieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2021, 02:16 AM   #4
RCSubD
Banned

Sorry, I type the wrong model, I meant the B01 or whatever they are putting into the new Superocean Heritage II's these days. And as a Rolex guy, I have a thing about in-house movements ( that they are somehow better ) although the exception would be the Valjoux 7750. I never thought about being able to get the movement serviced being easier with an ETA, Sellita or, any other Swiss movement manufacture.
Old 20 March 2021, 02:40 AM   #5
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSubD View Post
Sorry, I type the wrong model, I meant the B01 or whatever they are putting into the new Superocean Heritage II's these days. And as a Rolex guy, I have a thing about in-house movements ( that they are somehow better ) although the exception would be the Valjoux 7750. I never thought about being able to get the movement serviced being easier with an ETA, Sellita or, any other Swiss movement manufacture.
I'm not really concerned about who's house there made in really. But defiantly less expensive for ETA/Sellita's. But Breitling has all it's movements COSC certified to include there quartz. They also do a fantastic job in modifying the movements to there standards. I have no idea what "exactly" what it is that they do. But the results are exceptional. Especially in the last year and a half with the B13/Sellita. My Superocean 42 17366 was 7 seconds total fast for the first 35 days. This past week it hasn't varied + or - even 1 second. That's dang good no matter who's movement it is. And that is the norm on all my recent SO's. It will have to be a heck of a lot better than that for me to justify the extra cost to buy and service a movement just because it's labeled "in house".
Old 20 March 2021, 05:03 AM   #6
RCSubD
Banned

I have Rolex's with in-house movements and other brands with ETA and Sellita movements. The Rolex movements seem smoother to me but if I was going into battle I'd take one with an ETA. I don't know how to describe it, but they just feel like they could take a beating and not miss a beat. I used to look down on watchmakers who outsourced their movements but as you said they usually do something to it besides put their name on the rotor. Owning this Breitling has changed my opinions on a lot of watch nonsense that others ( of which I was one ) seem to care way too much about.
Old 21 March 2021, 07:39 AM   #7
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

I need to correct a post! On #2 on this thread, I posted B13 vs B20. Uh, I meant to post " B17 vs B20". Brain cramp I guess. Anyway, my apologies for my mistake. Thinking one thing, typing another.