The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 April 2021, 05:23 AM   #1
jd57
"TRF" Member

New AL&S releases

Had the chance to see models at the Boutique- both the L1 perpetual and the triple split are gorgeous. The triple split is still thick but has a satin finish strip around the case band and so looks less massive from the side. The dial is a very deep blue and the reverse panda dials and small dashes of red are stunning. Still a very big and thick watch but a beauty.

The Lange One perpetual is pretty much perfect - thinner and about a third of the price of the prior L1 perp tourby. Still not inexpensive but a great looking piece. For those concerned, has a universal advance stylus button rather than a pusher (like the 1815 perp rattrapante) but still has the feature. And as an automatic putting it on a winder is an option as well. And the moonphase has the day/night background as the recent L1 MP so no need for a separate dial or arc. The gray dial with rose gold works well though the navy blue on the triple split dial would look even better.. Thinking hard about this one.

And they didnt release anything with a green dial!
jd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 06:37 AM   #2
Langepedia
"TRF" Member

Ah, I'm looking forward to see those.

Triple Split is not to my liking at all I'm afraid. That watch is aggressive, assertive and rather industrial with its complication and size. Hence, I cannot just put the romantic rose gold / blue together for such a watch - too much of a contrast.

L1 Perpetual is definitely a winner for several reasons:
- Third of the price of the tourbillon version. This is a big, big blow to previous version's owners. They overpaid for nothing basically and even Lange seems to be accepting this.

- One of the most legible perpetual calendars on the market.

- One of the most original perpetual calendars on the market - hence almost free of competition. Very well done piece 10 years ago, got even better via a reduction.

I'm just looking forward to see the Little Lange 1. On green dial, if it becomes trendy enough, I believe they might just do it ;)
Langepedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:27 AM   #3
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langepedia View Post
Ah, I'm looking forward to see those.

Triple Split is not to my liking at all I'm afraid. That watch is aggressive, assertive and rather industrial with its complication and size. Hence, I cannot just put the romantic rose gold / blue together for such a watch - too much of a contrast.

L1 Perpetual is definitely a winner for several reasons:
- Third of the price of the tourbillon version. This is a big, big blow to previous version's owners. They overpaid for nothing basically and even Lange seems to be accepting this.

- One of the most legible perpetual calendars on the market.

- One of the most original perpetual calendars on the market - hence almost free of competition. Very well done piece 10 years ago, got even better via a reduction.

I'm just looking forward to see the Little Lange 1. On green dial, if it becomes trendy enough, I believe they might just do it ;)
Interesting views.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:29 AM   #4
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Size aside, the PC is near perfect.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:39 AM   #5
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

ALS really rocked it this time.

The Triple Split, meh. I think the complication is awesome, I just don't like it in RG.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:59 AM   #6
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Kinda boring. Ok for a refresh I guess.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 08:22 AM   #7
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I saw them today as well
The rose triple is stunning !!!! I have the original white gold which is more subtle

I didn’t care for the salmon but I never like salmon dials so it’s personal opinions
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 10:08 AM   #8
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

If the PC was in 39mm, it would be perfect. Still a really well-executed watch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 02:45 PM   #9
edhahn44
"TRF" Member

I’m rather a bit disappointed seeing the new releases. Nothing really striking - Triple Splits remains unwearable, Little L1 beautiful but clearly designed for the Asian markets, PC in Salmon is nice but also nothing really new.

But to be fair, I think you can clearly see also with the releases of other maisons (Rolex, PP) that the focus of a lot of teams (R&D, production, comms, etc.) has been with other matters throughout the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edhahn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 08:02 PM   #10
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Does the 36 mm Lange 1 only come with the starry dial?
capote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 12:40 AM   #11
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capote View Post
Does the 36 mm Lange 1 only come with the starry dial?
There are other 36.8mm Lange 1 models with different dials. The 182.830 is my favorite. You're seeing the starry dial (182.086) now only because it was just released. Lange also made slightly smaller Lange 1's (36.1mm) in the past. You can see a list of models on the "Historic Data" tab of the spreadsheet at http://goo.gl/vWFC7Q.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 02:24 PM   #12
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

i quite like the salmon dial lange 1 perpetual. i prefer the original color scheme of the triple split
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 05:54 AM   #13
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
There are other 36.8mm Lange 1 models with different dials. The 182.830 is my favorite. You're seeing the starry dial (182.086) now only because it was just released. Lange also made slightly smaller Lange 1's (36.1mm) in the past. You can see a list of models on the "Historic Data" tab of the spreadsheet at http://goo.gl/vWFC7Q.
Thanks!
capote is offline   Reply With Quote